• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:41 PM

Curious if anyone has? Seems it would be a much more Intense exp. IMO of course.
  • coorsmikey, Juthro, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 916 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:28 PM

Paul Stamets has!

Edited by Moonless, 01 March 2021 - 11:28 PM.

• Choices likes this

#3 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,160 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:03 AM

Living in florida.. hurricanes are a regular thing. The mushroom gods love them, they bring in soo much rain and the mushroom bloom for weeks after.
Due to this.. i have partaken in a dumb thing.. we have a mushroom hurricane party.. about 10 of us hunkered down and enjoyed ourselfs.
  • TVCasualty, Coopdog, FLASHINGROOSTER and 3 others like this

#4 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:38 AM

Oh hell yes.

Try to remember lightning safety and not go wandering into any open fields and all that.

When a major hurricane blows in the energy in the air is psychedelic all by itself, and with some fungi added to the mix it felt like a better version of MDMA than MDMA.

There's usually a bit of fear lurking in the back of my mind in those situations because I've been zapped by lightning once (not while tripping) and have an experience-based and perfectly rational fear of falling tree limbs since I've had those burst through my window right towards my face and start to collapse the roof and ceiling right over my head as I sat down to dinner a couple of years ago. So everything storm-related that's nearly killed me has happened when I've been stone cold sober.

And hurricanes are the bringers of trashbags-full harvests of fungi. There's really no other good things about hurricanes, unfortunately. But the energy they bring is beyond description.

A blizzard is also a bucket list-worthy trip setting IMO. For one thing, you're a lot less likely to bump into anyone, though I once freaked myself out for a minute when I encountered my own fresh tracks in the snow during a whiteout blizzard in a place where I didn't expect anyone to be, lol.  As long as you're dressed right it's sublime.

A different type of "storm" that I would NOT recommend tripping in (I do this stuff so y'all don't have to!) is the human variety, like a riot or post-game brawl among drunk sports fans. I didn't seek it out, it came to us. Two fraternities got into a massive brawl outside a bar and a couple of friends and I walked right through it. People were being punched in the face right next to me but it was like my two friends and I were invisible (we were on a lot of LSD and did NOT look like frat guys, lol).  I don't even recall being touched at all and as the police rolled up in force we calmly walked away from the scene like ghosts just passing through.

• Coopdog, EYMAIOS, Boebs and 4 others like this

#5 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,921 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:56 PM

I always get an electrified super buzz during lightning storms now anyway. I have tripped on LSD twice when an electric storm came through. I do believe the last of those times left me permanently attuned and sensitized to that awesome energy.

Not really any kind of storm, but dense fog has also been a wild experience on LSD. I was with 3 friends and we were out in a very large field. The fog became a screen for fantastic kaleidoscopic designs you could walk through. We thought it would be fun to play a warped version of hide and seek. Voices and sound became distorted as well. The game did not last long as we all started to simultaneously feel and see other presences in the fog which we became very weirded out by............

• Coopdog, Boebs, FLASHINGROOSTER and 3 others like this

#6 Mycol

Mycol

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:32 PM

Did it During a blizzard that only hits our city once in ten or more years . Beautiful, quiet and cold .

But being in a tornado shelter on shrooms probably wouldn’t be fun .

Edited by Mycol, 02 March 2021 - 07:53 PM.

• Coopdog, Choices, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#7 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,160 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:11 PM

I love the fog.. best played with lasers loll
  • coorsmikey, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 4 others like this

#8 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,107 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:29 PM

I have always thought the storm was the special effects willed into existence by the Partakers over just partaking during a storm. I suppose however you look at it, IMO a good ride is not complete without some sort of weird weather phenomenon. As I try and put my thoughts together to bring back some of the stories, I am thinking that this thread could get long. Its actually quite difficult to start of with what story I would share first but most involve awesome thunder storms that show up at the perfect time or gnarly unforcasted snowstorms filled with operating snowmobiles with zero sleep lol. Oh shit how about recent wind events that just seem to play with the less fortunate. Levitating camping gear is always trippy while tripping.

[Direct Link]

Edited by coorsmikey, 02 March 2021 - 07:31 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Juthro and 5 others like this

#9 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,160 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2021 - 09:09 PM

Trippy tentnado!!
  • coorsmikey, Skywatcher and greenskeeper like this

#10 greenskeeper

greenskeeper

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:12 PM

I used to surf a lot so I had the opportunity to swim naked in the surf one night during a minor storm while on LSD. It was fantastic - the waves seemed huge and the noise quite awesome. Once I dived into a wave, misjudged, and smacked my head on the sandy bottom. I didn't think much of it but when I got out my friends looked shocked, saying "umm, you're covered in blood". It must have been quite a sight for my tripping friends, me walking out of the sea naked and blood all down my face and chest. When I saw the blood I freaked out a little but it was just a broad graze on my forehead, much blood but not much damage.

• TVCasualty, Skywatcher and Moonless like this

#11 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,898 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2021 - 02:43 PM

We were camping and it was pretty epic, there is something about nature and mushrooms. They are meant to be together, you feel more connected to the energy of nature and can form a new perception of what is real. Watching clouds roll over the mountains was great, until the rain storm hit the campsite and killed the fire as it continued to rain all night. We did not prepare for heavy rain and darkness without fire so the parade was over and at that point it totally ruined the vibe. Worth it for the good parts though

• Boebs and greenskeeper like this

#12 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,160 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2021 - 11:14 PM

Camping and tripping, 75%good times:)
25% scary sounds lol
  • TVCasualty, Juthro, FLASHINGROOSTER and 2 others like this

#13 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2021 - 10:34 AM

Camping and tripping, 75%good times:)
25% scary sounds lol

FYI: Camping and tripping in a desert anywhere near one of the few sources of surface water makes for 20% fun tripping, 79% scary sounds, and 1% holy-shit-make-the-fire-bigger-and-grab-a-stick-to-fight-it-off sounds.  All. Night. Long. :ph34r:

Guess we camped right on a game trail leading to a small seep, so my gf and I could hear dry sticks cracking, claws or hooves scratching over rocks, and the occasional PANTING of something hurrying by us that sounded to our tripping ears like it was a hungry grizzly bear or wolves but was probably just a couple of 20-pound javelinas and some coyotes. I refuse to speculate that anything we heard was a mountain lion, but I could live with the biggest thing we heard being a bobcat (it inspired us to make our little campfire a whole lot bigger real fast, lol).

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Juthro and 2 others like this

#14 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,263 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2021 - 04:32 PM

For how small they actually are Bobcats sound like a demon from hell or like the Tasmanian Devil from cartoons. They sound MUCH bigger than they are lol. Since I had my uhhhh sighting of whatever that was, I don't think I will be having any more camping "trips". 

• TVCasualty, Skywatcher, Boebs and 2 others like this

#15 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,898 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2021 - 05:34 PM

First time I ever saw a beaver in real life was on mushrooms. A friend and I were driving around and stopped down by the river at night to check it out. I hopped out and we were positioned near the front doors, observing what was light up by the truck headlights shining out over the water, and all of sudden I looked down and there was a beaver standing about three feet away off in the darkness, sitting there staring at me. I looked up in silent amazement at my friend and his shocked appearance confirmed I was not hallucinating, he looked at me and back at the beaver a few times. When I looked back it slid into the water. After he was gone we starting wigging out and going holy shit.... that was real  right. It was so weird how close he was we must have damn near ran him over or something.

That is the kind of shit that only happens when your on drugs I swear. Twenty something years it took to see my first live beaver up close and personal like that

The worst animal to show up in the middle of a wilderness mushroom trip has to be homo sapien. This guy and his gf showed up out of the blue because they heard we were in the area. That made for a couple super weird drinks thats for sure.  Everyone trying not to burst at the seams while hopelessly trying to fake our way through it. No surprise they didn't stick around too long.

It was a blessing once those foreign invaders left tent town

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Boebs and 1 other like this

#16 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,160 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:11 AM

Yea that is always horrible.. a few friends and i were all faced out of some L out camping, and mid fucking trip a dude pulls up on us in a golf cart.. strange because we were way the fuck out in the woods like a good 4 hour hike.. we still have no clue how or where this dude came up on us..
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#17 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,263 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 March 2021 - 11:45 AM

5 am visits from a ranger with a ticket book suck as well lol. I was on 4 hits of some very good LSD that night. Ticketed me for blocking a road. We were camped where a HUGE rockslide had blocked the road, not us blocking it. So I paid $150 for a fine that night when we were broke as hell lol. Gotta pay them taxes!

• Boebs, FLASHINGROOSTER and greenskeeper like this

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2021 - 01:07 PM

Those kinds of stories are why I ALWAYS leave any roads or trails far behind before I pitch camp, whether it's legal or not.

I don't even leave tracks behind when I depart (I usually hike in moccasins; they leave almost no tracks and they're dead quiet so I sneak up on lots of wildlife and people without even meaning to). I also take the time to make smokeless fires if I'm making one at all (if I'm day tripping or there's any fire danger/red flag warnings or I'm taking a very large dose then I definitely skip the fire since I am NOT going to be THAT guy).

I often hike and always camp off-trail even when I'm not tripping because I don't go out there to have friendly chats with strangers (that goes double for Rangers!) and it annoys (and baffles) the hell out of me that people will casually walk up to other campsites way the hell out in the boonies and strike up conversations as if the people camping didn't just haul a bunch of weight miles into the forest or mountains precisely in order to get away from civilization and people like that for a few days.

Nevertheless I still had a Sheriff deputy walk up on myself and a naked woman while we were rolling hard on lots of MDMA and fungi while swimming near a waterfall. He was wearing camo and carrying a loaded SKS and wanted me to walk over to have a chat with him, which I did even as my eyes were darting back and forth so fast I couldn't even really see (we took way too much MDMA). Lucky for us he didn't give a shit about us at all and had more important things to attend to. But one very disconcerting encounter out of many nature trips isn't too bad, I guess. And that only happened because I wasn't way off-trail as I normally would be, but there were no awesome waterfalls there and it was real hot that day.

Most people are kind of lazy; use that to your advantage!

I got a handy tip from the Tracker School that applies here. They said that many "primitive" survival skills are illegal to actually do in most cases (trapping out of season, trapping at all, having a fire or camping in certain areas, etc.) so if ever caught doing them the first words out of your mouth should be "THANK GOD YOU FOUND ME!!" and act the part. It's not illegal to do those things to save your own life in an emergency, and this might apply if you're caught tripping somewhere awkward.

• coorsmikey, FLASHINGROOSTER, Severian and 1 other like this

#19 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,898 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2021 - 05:07 PM

Official campsites and I do not get along, been kicked out of every one I tried to stay in.

I agree that whole point of camping is being out in the middle of nowhere so you can have the freedom to do whatever the hell you want to. For a long time we have been going on crown land where you can more easily avoid others. It just becomes a bit of a battle for good spots that are away from others. Seems to be every so often you still manage to run into some assholes. We told this group that decided to setup camp across the way from us that we were going to be blasting fireworks off that night.  Okay no problem guys they said. Then later that night after firing some off they come over freaking out yelling that we are fucked and scaring their dogs. Tried to start a fight and threw one of our chairs in the fire. Needless to say there was some tension created but we managed to avoid having any more interactions that weekend.

Then my buddies fucking front tire comes loose on the way home.... Sure made us wonder

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 19 March 2021 - 05:10 PM.

• Moonless and greenskeeper like this

#20 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 02:10 PM

Curious if anyone has? Seems it would be a much more Intense exp. IMO of course.

Took maybe 1/2 a tab of acid that'd been steadily degrading in my pocket for months, one evening, prior to a storm rolling in.

Hit me like 10+. Very very strange experience.

Wouldn't even be worth sharing, save for the fact that my friends living half a mile up the mountain stormed (ha) into my cabin and accused me of dosing THEM. Because they had independantly decided to drop some acid (different acid), and it hit them too way harder than expected.

All of us being very experienced; thus having a clear understanding of what dose and effect.

I stay away from L now.

• greenskeeper likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!