12 replies to this topic

#1 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:59 AM

I am currently working on Koh Samui Super Strain as well as Penis Envy Uncut
The KSSS just pinned today!! The PEU is falling behind...
Also im a 2 days away from spawning my psilocybe galindoi and psilocybe semperviva!! Sadly my psilocybe zapotecorum var. Australia is taking its sweet freaking time. Ill be posting to keep this updated until these grows, and all of the seen jar that are colonizing, are done with.

Pic #1 is some KSSS pins that popped up today
Pic #2 is my set up. It is entirely automated, the FAE, the humidity and watering, automated 12/12 lighting, and the fogger runs for an hour and a half a day in 15 minute intervals spaced out evenly. On top of my FC is several jars of colonizing grain spawn, as well as a few jars of LCs. My psilocybe galindoi and psilocybe semperviva are both only like 2 or 3 days away from being entirely colonized, but the zapotecorum and tampanensis are both lagging a little bit. I will be posting basic grow logs of each of these grows here as i do them and be posting a lot of pictures of each grow. Hopefully i get some interesting stuff to share with you guys:P438de59641957c2f18bd3c5da170ac9f.jpg20486d5efb4b4edc42582e973d6b3f54.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
  • sandman, ElPirana, Salty117 and 4 others like this

#2 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:42 AM

Interested in seeing what you do with tampanensis.
  • ChocolateStarfish likes this

#3 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,886 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:52 PM

What are you using for FAE, guess not terribly important for those species

I just put one test jar of Galindoi to fruiting. What are you thinking of using for your substrate/case?

#4 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:05 PM

Interested in seeing what you do with tampanensis.

Me too, at the moment all of this is multi-spore. I am doing these grows to take clones of each species so i can have wall to wall flushes..

And on another random note, if you see my space heater in there, it is programmable so you can set it at a max temperature, and once the room reaches that ambient max temperature, the heater turns off, and when it falls under 3 degrees of what i have it set at, it turns back on. I dont know why people dont use space heaters instead of heating pads and junk, especially with some of them being as programmable as this one, and having a thermometer built into it is also pretty great. Honestly, maintaining a steady temp would be decently challenging for me if i didnt have this specific space heater. Just my 2 cents

• Salty117 likes this

#5 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:27 PM

What are you using for FAE, guess not terribly important for those species

I just put one test jar of Galindoi to fruiting. What are you thinking of using for your substrate/case?

So for FAE, I have about 15 dime sized holes cut out and stuffed with poly-fil on all side, as well as 100 gallon aquarium air pump that is pumping air through the air-stones, and coming up through the perlite.. I know this method works well with cubes, but with the galindoi, tamps, zapotecorum, and semperviva i have another tub that has a small fan on the outside of the tub, with a large enough hole that is about the same radius as the fan, it has a cheap hepa air filter for home air filtration cut out to cover the hole, its glued to where the hole is sealed with the hepa filter, the fan is placed against the hepa filter so that the air blows through it... To get the air to actually blow through it, i had to put something around it so it could build up pressure. For this, i took a plastic tupple-ware container and cut about 1/4th of the bottom off the container and then glued that over the fan and voila. That is the FC i use for exotics... Its basically the same thing except it has that add on... Though i have successfully grown plenty of exotics in this exact FC before without the fancy hepa filtered fan, it definitely helps to get more natural looking fruit.

For a sub, it is important to remember they like to have sand in their substrate, and sometimes will refuse to fruit without it (this is just stuff i have heard and dont want to risk not doing it) so my plan is to use a mixture of 20% oat hay, 10%manure, 10% worm castings, 10% humus compost mix, 20% vermiculite, 15% coir, 15% sand. I haven't decided if i want to just use sand by itself or a half sand half perlite mixture for the last 15 percent. Guess ill just have to experiment and see what is better

Edited by ChocolateStarfish, 05 March 2021 - 02:15 PM.

• rockyfungus likes this

#6 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:46 AM

Today a good bit of my ksss pins have opened. Spawning my tampanensis and semperviva to bulk sub today!:P35626d1b2bda42f6f3a746b79e40620a.jpg

• sandman, JACKOLANTERN, pastyoureyes and 5 others like this

#7 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 12:27 PM

Harvested an EXTREMELY mediocre first flush..but i cloned a 17 fruit cluster, so at least it wasnt a complete failure.
Fruits look decently potent, ill probably do a small 3 gram trip this weekend. Anyone ever take KSSS? I know a cube is a cube but some strains definitely have an edge over others when it comes to potency. A cube is a cube but some are definitely stronger than others.3cbf2d671f7bc78488f24b79868fa056.jpg8db47bfd91c3c9a87903a5ae2dec1180.jpg2405404268a85054eb69b45d43a69009.jpg

• Sidestreet, ElPirana, Moonless and 1 other like this

#8 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 04:50 PM

First flush total yield was 32.5 grams dry(obviously lol) they look pretty potent. Some of them have some pretty intense bluing. Here are some pics of some of the first flush now that its dried. I spawned semperviva and galindoi both to bulk substrate at a ration of about 1:1.5-2 and put them in a thin tray like i do for pan cyans,but i made the substrate about an inch thicker on each... Hopefully this is a good level of spawn... Also second flush of KSSS is here, going to harvest tomorrow or the day after. I cloned a fruit from that giant cluster's first flush, but this one is producing more fruit than the first cluster... Should i clone it too? Or is it the same thing? Im pretty sure its in the exact same spot as the first large cluster i had that i cloned, but that one only had 15 fruits, i believe. Im sure my current clone will suffice either way.d777f91c9f5913f76e498e7e1d40d7ee.jpg9ec672542d4704156b3729a324f54ba1.jpgf8fc7e6fb88b99a59ab33db5840b7df2.jpga4add27594b6f09f75d3044719045b67.jpg

• ElPirana, makinbones69 and Alpoehi like this

#9 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:49 AM

Anyone ever take KSSS? I know a cube is a cube but some strains definitely have an edge over others when it comes to potency. A cube is a cube but some are definitely stronger than others.

I am also a promoter of the idea that some cube strains are stronger in their effect than others.

I got to this conclusion rather accidentally. I have grown Ban Hua Tai and I got strong visuals from an average dose.

I'm not the visual type and it made me seeing blue sparks flying in the room, with open eyes and nice electric blue, red and yellow shades.

Then I got obsessed by the idea of preserving that strain as best as I could and that brought me to agar work and cloning.

I had more yield, but the clones did not look so nice as the original so I decided to start anew with MS selection on agar.

Having read in another thread about PE varieties and true Albino strains I felt compelled to start growing KSSS and AlbinoPF.

The AlbinoPF has dark spores so I'm rather curious what comes out of it.

And the KSSS I had to make 2 transfers already and after 10 days it appears to be a little bit rhizomorph on the agar plate. 

Still have to wait another week before it can go in a jar.

My hope is I can make it grow out for a few spore prints.

Your pictures helped me correcting some false conclusions I had. I thought the fruits will be very small and plenty of them.

Some will say they are difficult to grow...

• JACKOLANTERN, makinbones69 and ChocolateStarfish like this

#10 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:42 PM

Second flush harvested. Drying now. I expect this to be double the first flush. Still no activity from the peu... I think it may have some unseen contam because its not colonizing the casing very much.... And i poured off the healthy grainspawn from the top and left the sourgrain on the bottom, but the top was still good, but i guess maybe some sour grain got in there.. I had done this successfully a few times, but here i guess maybe i didnt. Ill give it another week or 2 and then im going to take that substrate and sterilize it and use it for some other grow at some point and start over with peu.f43f5fbbd2c1ecca011781ccf077e24e.jpg

• JACKOLANTERN, ElPirana and Alpoehi like this

#11 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 12:24 PM

Anyone ever take KSSS? I know a cube is a cube but some strains definitely have an edge over others when it comes to potency. A cube is a cube but some are definitely stronger than others.

I am also a promoter of the idea that some cube strains are stronger in their effect than others.

I got to this conclusion rather accidentally. I have grown Ban Hua Tai and I got strong visuals from an average dose.

I'm not the visual type and it made me seeing blue sparks flying in the room, with open eyes and nice electric blue, red and yellow shades.

Then I got obsessed by the idea of preserving that strain as best as I could and that brought me to agar work and cloning.

I had more yield, but the clones did not look so nice as the original so I decided to start anew with MS selection on agar.

Having read in another thread about PE varieties and true Albino strains I felt compelled to start growing KSSS and AlbinoPF.

The AlbinoPF has dark spores so I'm rather curious what comes out of it.

And the KSSS I had to make 2 transfers already and after 10 days it appears to be a little bit rhizomorph on the agar plate. 

Still have to wait another week before it can go in a jar.

My hope is I can make it grow out for a few spore prints.

Your pictures helped me correcting some false conclusions I had. I thought the fruits will be very small and plenty of them.

Some will say they are difficult to grow...

Oh yeah, no these guys produce some pretty large fruits.. I have even heard some people say they on occasion produce quite massive fruits. And yeah i have never tried the ban hua tai variant, but to an extent I think some are just regular variations in potency, but if you can grow a strain MS, and consistently get bomb as crazy strong fruit, then something is up there. There is evidence that there are differences in Pan Cyan potencys based on their geographical location, so im sure it applies to cubensis as well.

• Salty117 likes this

#12 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 11:26 AM

Very nice looking KSSS. Not the deformed abnormal normality.

• Salty117 likes this

#13 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 12:09 PM

I may have to dig up an old KSSS print from 2003 for another observation.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!