Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Feedback on first time grow please? Thanks.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lizardboi

Lizardboi

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 10:45 PM

Good evening, 

I am LizardBoi and I got into mycology when my mental health team endorsed micro dosing to assist with my military connected PTSD (non combat but please don't let your friends enlist). 

This is my first time growing, I don't know a whole lot aside from what I could scope through here and YouTube. 

Currently I have B+ strains spawned to bulk in a variety of containers. Mostly just various Tupperware or things I thought were neat (like the small aquarium and terrarium and a noodle company bowl). 

Some of the oldest ones were spawned up to 15 days ago but the mycelium seems to be having a hard time getting through my casing layer. They're also in strange containers. I'm really into recycling. 

I also have a weird one that has colonized oddly fast (7 days?) in a medium size Tupperware but I can't seem to get it to fruit despite misting and FAE. 

The small aquarium and terrarium seem to be having a good time though:

aqarium 3 10 21.jpg

terrarium 3 10 21.jpg

I live in a dry climate but have the containers in the same climate controlled room I keep my tropical reptiles in.  I try to mist and fan 3 times daily depending on moisture level. 

setup with temp.jpg

I guess I could also just have genetics that refuse to fruit :(

All feedback and education is appreciated. 

• ElPirana and Moonless like this

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 871 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:52 AM

I like your style lizzardboi.

While waiting for colonization you should give the sniff test to each container on top of visual test for contaminations.

Full colonization can take a while so you are actually on track with timing. Sometimes a casing layer doesn't get colonized and the sub grows pins. That's totally fine.

Give it a few more weeks if everything is good you'll have some fruits
  • ElPirana and Lizardboi like this

#3 Lizardboi

Lizardboi

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 01:56 PM

Thank you Moonless, I'm trying to be a good mycology student. So far this process is very fun but waiting on this first flush seems to be the worst.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

#4 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:04 PM

I'm pretty new to this. But those pics look like they are in really good shape. I am just nearing the end of my first grow attempt. And I over watered at first because I kept thinking it should've grown already. I tried rice flour cakes and they took 3 weeks before the first pins. 4-5 weeks by the time all pinned.

Just keep doing what you're doing and keep the humidity and I bet that aquarium is gonna pin like crazy in about a week.

And I agree. The waiting and wondering if it was done right is nerve wracking. I had this picture in my head of mushrooms on my birthday and it was a month later before I got to sample my handiwork.

Keep it up. And let us see how they do.

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,753 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:47 AM

I still tuck my laces into my boots and check my gig line, U.S. Army Vet.......Welcome to Mycotopia!

A

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!