#41 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,029 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:04 PM

Nice work!
Welcome to the wonderful world of dimethyltryptamine.
Don’t throw that naptha away.
  • FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#42 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,041 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2021 - 11:38 PM

Great job Rooster, knew you'd get it right on the first try!

Thanks for documenting with nice pictures too. Whoever took them sure knows their way around a clandestine chemistry lab!

*EDIT*The jar of base solution is good to sit for for a while until you get around to a xylene pull. For ultimate peace of mind in longer term (4 weeks+) storage keep the jar in an HDPE bucket under the bathroom sink or wherever you keep the drain cleaner and other household chemicals. That way if it leaks or breaks the spill is still contained.

A friend of mine once took too long to get back to his 1gal jug of Very basic solution for the final steps of a different extraction, only to find it had sprung a leak & the whole gallon had soaked into the bottom of the cabinet under his kitchen sink. On the plus side, his partner had been begging for a kitchen remodel for a while and this was just the push he needed to pull the trigger on new cabinets. Honestly, he was lucky it didn't eat down into the floor...

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 26 April 2021 - 12:29 AM.

#43 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,901 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:13 AM

Thanks guys I was thrilled with the help I got it made the process quite easy to do, little did I know how handy that lab stand would be when I ordered it. I was searching for those jars with the graduated measurements on them and got lucky finding them by accident at the hydroponics store. $8.50 seemed like a fair price for what I will use it for

I kept telling myself that I was going to wait until It was all done but the excitement and temptation to try it got the best of me yesterday. I pulled that dish out and scraped off around 500mg before going for another pull. Got that bit in the freezer in two separate containers for now. It is easy to see how the volume of liquid is effecting the freeze precipitate now that I have a side by side comparison from the same pull. The fuller container appears to be showing less crystallization as it must be more resistant to temperature drop. I had intended to save my naphtha from the start because I am cheap so that is why I decided to skip the evap before freezing but now I understand the reasoning behind it.

I noticed that when scraping the dish there were nice white crystals but there was also a yellow waxy/oily substance started to from on the razor blade. Is this the jungle spice type material they are talking about?

I tried the crack pipe method of smoking and after some more searching came to find that I already posses one of the better methods for delivery. A volcano, you guys ever use them for dmt? I do like the idea of a big bad full, easier to pound it down quick, no worries about being inexperienced with a crack pipe and burning it off to quickly either.

I think that is what I did last night that stopped me from going full bore. I stopped too soon and then tried to re up once I came back to reality but the secondary hoots seemed to have little effect compared to the first big one. But apparently you need to wait like an hour before trying again so that might have been my issue. For my first time though it was probably enough, I remember my first thought was I just wanted it to be over as soon as it started but as time went on it felt better and better. A nice clean state of euphoria once you get your feet back to reality.There should be less fear of letting go on the next round, I think I was fighting it

#44 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,901 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:16 AM

One more question about the glass jars, there was concern over them degrading over time due to the basic levels but is there any physical way to see this or just do a few rounds of extraction and then consider it junk?

#45 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,029 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2021 - 03:49 PM

Just to be clear - it’s not the volume of the naptha in the container that affects precipitation, its the concentration of the alkaloid in the naptha. Hence the evaporation.

Glass just let’s go when it decides to let go in my experience. I had a gallon jar that I’d used I don’t know how many times full of spent xylene I’d taken to work to dispose of. I sat it on the concrete floor and heard a “tink!”. The jar appeared to be fine but when I picked it up the bottom fell out. Lucky me, this happened right next to a waste solvent recycling barrel in an industrial facility. Since then, I use gallon hope plastic jugs for basing any large volume.
I wish I could go back and amend the procedure I wrote to reflect that, but it’s all over the internet now and getting Erowid just to correct a typo was equivalent to an act of Congress.
  • Phineas_Carmichael, bezevo, FLASHINGROOSTER and 2 others like this

#46 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,041 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 12:18 AM

One more question about the glass jars, there was concern over them degrading over time due to the basic levels but is there any physical way to see this or just do a few rounds of extraction and then consider it junk?

Like Norman said, regular glass (as opposed to lab-grade borosilicate) just craps out whenever it feels like it with no warning. Best to use a jar for an extraction or two & then recycle it.

I noticed that when scraping the dish there were nice white crystals but there was also a yellow waxy/oily substance started to from on the razor blade. Is this the jungle spice type material they are talking about?

The yellow stuff is probably other psychoactive impurities, possibly DMT-N-Oxide. Some people prefer pure white crystals, but an awful lot swear by the yellower stuff. To each their own, I say.

To my understanding the "Jungle Spice" is what you get when you pull a "spent" MHRB extraction with xylene or toluene & evaporate it off. As far as I know, this tends to yield a red oil that reeks of tryptamines, certainly contains some n,n-DMT, but provides a markedly different experience. Like the vial on the right:
~2.5g freebase harmala alkaloids
~3g pure white spice
Unknown weight "jungle goo"

I tried the crack pipe method of smoking and after some more searching came to find that I already posses one of the better methods for delivery. A volcano, you guys ever use them for dmt? I do like the idea of a big bad full, easier to pound it down quick, no worries about being inexperienced with a crack pipe and burning it off to quickly either.

My policy with marijuana smoking devices has always been that once they are used for DMT they not be used for plain marijuana ever again. The residue can get into the works & come out when least expected. I had a difficult experience once smoking pot out of a pipe that had previously been used to smoke DMT without my knowledge...

I've not looked closely enough at the Volcano to know if it can be THOROUGHLY cleaned after vaping DMT and that's an expensive piece of equipment to experiment with! A big bag of straight DMT vapor is certainly appealing to me, but I can't justify that kind of expense, especially since I don't particularly enjoy vaped cannabis to begin with.

I think that is what I did last night that stopped me from going full bore. I stopped too soon and then tried to re up once I came back to reality but the secondary hoots seemed to have little effect compared to the first big one. But apparently you need to wait like an hour before trying again so that might have been my issue. For my first time though it was probably enough, I remember my first thought was I just wanted it to be over as soon as it started but as time went on it felt better and better. A nice clean state of euphoria once you get your feet back to reality.There should be less fear of letting go on the next round, I think I was fighting it

Yeah, you've got at most a minute from the time you start smoking to get as much into your brain as possible. Tolerance is almost immediate but fades fairly quickly. Almost always a too-small dose is more difficult than a too-big one for me, and knowing that really helps me get over the fear.

A few of my people enjoy the threshold, what I call "tryptamine anxiety," dose, more than higher doses; they've gotten quite good at taking a small puff at first and then titrating their dosage with increasingly larger hits at 10-15 minute intervals. That method isn't for me, but they like it a lot (especially with the Jungle) so more power to them.

The euphoria on the come-down, the Afterglow if you will, is actually my favorite part. After losing track of my body & drinking Cosmic Truth from a Psychedelic Firehose for an Infinity, (or about 5 minutes, depending on which clock I'm looking at) remembering/realizing that I actually still have a beard and a set of toes is ding-dang amazing! I have a tendency to wander around, looking at and picking up random objects and just saying, "Wow" over and over again as soon as I am ambulatory...

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 27 April 2021 - 01:49 AM.

• Sidestreet, bezevo, FLASHINGROOSTER and 2 others like this

#47 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 04:00 AM

Great thread, archive material

#48 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,901 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 03:32 PM

Looks like this second scrape is okay, so now I will try to evap it down to 100ml or so and try it again. Turns out the more volume container seemed to form fewer but larger crystals while the thin layered one produced a weaker version of that first picture I posted.

I got time to play with this one. I like the jars but I get what your saying ,one explosion or leaky mess is all it would take to change my mind. Easy enough to find spare HDPE jugs kicking around, pretty sure an old windshield washer fluid jug would work nicely. Cleaned out of course

I know those volcano's are stupid expensive, considering as far as I can tell it is basically an elaborate heat gun. I hummed and hawed for years before I convinced myself that when compared to my heavy joint smoking it was worth the price for the positive health benefits. This was before all the vape pens came out and these days I do use it a lot less. Understandable how some don't like it though, that hot air seems to really fuck with my friend that smokes tobacco. I suppose my reasoning for not worrying too much about damaging the volcano is the sticky ass bud seems to do a good job of it on its own. All the expensive parts are separate from the filling balloon. At worst I would have to throw out the plastic bag portion and do the normal cleaning that is required to un stick the mechanical elements of the bag's valve, spring, and filters that get plugged up with dry material and resin. One time I screwed up and regret running that sticky flavored hashish through it, that made a freaking mess but It was still fairly easy to clean out considering the bag makes up the majority of surface area and it's designed to be disposable.

Oddly enough the idea of a random unexpected DMT trip from a pot pipe is kind of exciting to me. Like a drug version of Russian roulette. I get what your saying though if you were expecting a mild weed high, and depending on the situation it could end up being quite the surprise to start tripping on DMT.

I agree that the after glow glow is my favorite part of all the different psychedelic interactions. Phineas I was giggling to myself immediately after the trip, and when I woke up the next morning I found myself giggling again, trying to reconcile what happened and saying out loud to myself. What in the fuck was that!

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 27 April 2021 - 04:05 PM.

• Phineas_Carmichael, YoshiTrainer and greenskeeper like this

#49 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Resident Pervert

• OG VIP
  • 1,173 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2021 - 05:11 PM

I started using my nector collector and it works every time. No need for 2nd or 3rd hit. Just heat up the nail and let it rip.
  • el_ronhub_bird and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#50 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,029 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 06:03 PM

Jesus I had no idea those volcanoes were such a pain in the ass. Weird how cutting edge they were then and how retro they are now.
I think the glass vapor genie is the way to go,though vape pens I think, would be particularly suited for DMT.
  • FLASHINGROOSTER and YoshiTrainer like this

#51 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 676 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:25 AM

I've gotta Glass Vapor Genie and a nectar collector bubbler and the NC kicks the living shit outta the GVG. I honestly wish I never bought the GVG, I haven't used it since I got my NC. The entire internet says the GVG is the way to go. I beg to differ

#52 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 676 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2021 - 08:30 AM

Actually what i meant to say is the GVG is awesome, someone wanna buy one? Lol

#53 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,029 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2021 - 10:36 AM

What don’t you like about the GVG?

#54 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 676 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2021 - 11:40 AM

What don’t you like about the GVG?

I guess it's not even that I don't like it, it's just the NC is superior in every aspect, it's cheaper, it functions better, you don't have to "learn" how to use it or finesse it to get it to work properly. The GVG needs 3 puffs to get you there while I can do a 100mg dose in one whack with the nectar collector. Now some might choke trying to do this but that's not a lung capacity thing like it is with the GVG and taking 3 big tokes. Besides, most people only need half that, 50mg, which is easy for most people. I only have one friend who can't, he always ends up coughing and can't finish the hit. But once again, it's not a lung capacity thing. And I'd bet the reason he can't do it is because he's pretty over weight and smokes a lot of cigarettes. The only other type of person that I can imagine would have trouble taking it in one toke is just someone who has no experience vaping or smoking anything.

#55 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 676 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2021 - 11:47 AM

I've tried the machine, the GVG, and this thing, a nectar collector. One hit breakthroughs are gauranteed with this. @Norman, one more thing is that there are no dud attempts with this. No misses. When you swing, you connect lol. This thing is $20 on Amazon, $10 more for the ceramic tip which I recommend. It's a small investment, I'd encourage any DMT enthusiast around here to give it a try

Attached Thumbnails

• 20210428_122249.jpg

#56 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,901 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2021 - 03:56 PM

I was in love with the volcano for years but pens and concentrates have made it almost obsolete. I got this little sucker for dabbing and was considering trying it with the dmt. The adjustable temp control gives me plenty of room to play with, on the lowest setting it won't get hot enough to vape the oil 

post-160704-0-36002700-1619643156.jpg

post-160704-0-65507700-1619643619.jpg

Depending on how much you use that volcano (heavy in my case) seems to be the big factor. But even with heavy use you really only have to clean it every so often, like once a month or something. The good part of that is you get a pretty clean resin that you can smoke in a pipe later on. And heating it up so the resin is easy to scrape off is simple, you just turn it on and run it for a minute or two empty.

If the Volcano is a bust even though I think it should be okay. I might have to check out one of those nectar things you guys were talking about, price seems reasonable enough to give it a shot

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 28 April 2021 - 04:01 PM.

#57 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Resident Pervert

• OG VIP
  • 1,173 posts

Donator

Posted 01 May 2021 - 07:54 PM

It's the ultimate in freebase technology

#58 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,901 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:10 AM

What is the best way to dispose of this here black juice?

#59 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,041 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2021 - 12:37 PM

This is the only time you'll hear me say this, but it can go straight down the drain. As long as all the solvent is separated completely it's basically drain cleaner anyway. If you've got a drain that happens to be running a little slow, use that one.

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 07 May 2021 - 12:39 PM.

• bezevo and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#60 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,901 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2021 - 02:33 PM

Thanks again

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!