10 replies to this topic

#1 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 777 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2021 - 11:08 AM

Over in the dream thread Justintime had a great idea about a meditation vision thread, so here it goes! Not sure what direction this will go, but I can imagine some useful ideas such as meditation advice and experiences.

I’ll start off with a response to Justintime’s post:

In meditation you should fall deeply into nothingness yet still be fully aware.
It's very natural to allow your chin to fall onto your chest. It isn't the most comfortable position but the typical straight necked mediators attention is distracted by staying straight (head upright, neck straight).
I'm convinced that it isn't just the ego that does the distracting but these energies just an arms length from us that desire the emotional response as a form of energy to harvest from us and so practicing a refusal to become emotionally charged by thoughts eventually rids us of these outer energies and our minds become so much more silent and peaceful.

When I meditate while on mushrooms, I often slouch as I lose all contact with my body, often I can watch my mind-created world (including sense perceptions, forms, everything) deconstruct itself while simply being in awareness.

A couple weeks ago my awareness naturally pulled away from this body/mind several times. It was also interesting to find myself watching the physical tensions in my body as an object of meditation

Last night’s meditation was completely sober. I noticed a huge difference in relaxing into it when my family was all sleeping, the normal busy-ness, thoughts, movements of my surroundings seem to play a big role.

I also was able to notice more body-tensions especially through the front of my head/ in my face. The tensions seem to be mind-created as I notice more. For example I have a difficult time sitting cross-legged because of extreme tightness in my legs/hips, probably due to all the sitting in the office everyday. When my body relaxes while meditating, I can sometimes find my hips & legs loosen and be able to sit more comfortably...the only thing changing is the state of my mind.
  • Skywatcher, Guy1298, EYMAIOS and 1 other like this

#2 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,931 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2021 - 12:14 PM

Great! I have considered a thread like this for a time. Thanks for making one!
Here's a little tip for those legs. Tuck a rolled up towel or cushion under each knee to give them a lift and take off the strain etc.

Since we're on the first page I'd like to remind that inner silence is a "feeling". You can train yourself to feel inner silence by reading without internally voicing the words in your mind. It doesn't take long at all. Once you understand that feeling it can be easily brought about by will alone.
Yes ElPirana the face reacts to emotions, emotions are reactions to thought.

Ok great. Looking forward to everyone's visions no matter how fleeting.
J
  • Skywatcher, Guy1298, EYMAIOS and 1 other like this

#3 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,076 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:32 PM

Meditation has been a help to me. No visions to speak of though, at least not while sober. 

In my experience, concentration meditation brings me deeper and loving-kindness meditation mellows out the fear. I've mentioned this too many times though. :).

• EYMAIOS, Justintime and ElPirana like this

#4 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:50 AM

All sorts of Meditation are beneficial as they open new horizons and foundations.

But since Meditation is a widely misconceived practice we should point out some basics according to anchient Master Tilopa's instruction:

In Meditation you don’t:  

-Recall

-Imagine

-Think

-Examine

-Control

In Meditation you just REST in emptiness.

Utter Passivity...

You do not pursue visions or revelations.

They may come or not, but in no case they are targeted as a desirable attainments.

You Do Not "Meditate", cause in Meditation "you" as an entity, do not exist!

In a real Meditation you do not meditate, but Meditation itself Is Meditating in absence of a Self.

Sitting Meditation is the simplest approach to begin the unconditional discovery of NOTHING.

Various Teckniques requesting to number breathings or slowing down breaths are usefull to begin with, but must be abandoned on the way to absolute Nothingness.

In Meditation the brain is gradually operating in lower frequencies that may even descend to Theta at times.

In Theta, visions, revelations and miraculus things Happen!

Again, this is not what one seeks after, but something that may reveiled "per se".

Let Meditation come to (non) "Us"...

• ElPirana likes this

#5 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:01 AM

Over in the dream thread Justintime had a great idea about a meditation vision thread, so here it goes! Not sure what direction this will go, but I can imagine some useful ideas such as meditation advice and experiences.

I’ll start off with a response to Justintime’s post:

In meditation you should fall deeply into nothingness yet still be fully aware.
It's very natural to allow your chin to fall onto your chest. It isn't the most comfortable position but the typical straight necked mediators attention is distracted by staying straight (head upright, neck straight).
I'm convinced that it isn't just the ego that does the distracting but these energies just an arms length from us that desire the emotional response as a form of energy to harvest from us and so practicing a refusal to become emotionally charged by thoughts eventually rids us of these outer energies and our minds become so much more silent and peaceful.

When I meditate while on mushrooms, I often slouch as I lose all contact with my body, often I can watch my mind-created world (including sense perceptions, forms, everything) deconstruct itself while simply being in awareness.

A couple weeks ago my awareness naturally pulled away from this body/mind several times. It was also interesting to find myself watching the physical tensions in my body as an object of meditation

Last night’s meditation was completely sober. I noticed a huge difference in relaxing into it when my family was all sleeping, the normal busy-ness, thoughts, movements of my surroundings seem to play a big role.

I also was able to notice more body-tensions especially through the front of my head/ in my face. The tensions seem to be mind-created as I notice more. For example I have a difficult time sitting cross-legged because of extreme tightness in my legs/hips, probably due to all the sitting in the office everyday. When my body relaxes while meditating, I can sometimes find my hips & legs loosen and be able to sit more comfortably...the only thing changing is the state of my mind.

A double edged knife...
Meditating under Psychedelic substances may be constructive for the Psychedelic substances, but restricting Meditation.
Psychedelic substances show us the way, but Meditation should avoid all guidance from within or from without.
With the only exception of microdosing to prepare the path for serenity and inner peace.

Like you I meditate best at 4.00 AM for 45min before returning to bed. A most supporting experience that fills my batteries with energy for the day.

Sitting cross legged is not important. Any 90 degree chair would do perfect and work miracles. Most important is the touching thambs that warn you that you are falling asleap when detouched.

Wish you the best in (non) meditating!

Edited by EYMAIOS, 05 April 2021 - 04:13 AM.

• ElPirana likes this

#6 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 777 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:05 AM

All sorts of Meditation are beneficial as they open new horizons and foundations.
But since Meditation is a widely misconceived practice we should point out some basics according to anchient Master Tilopa's instruction:
In Meditation you don’t:  
    -Recall
    -Imagine
    -Think
    -Examine
    -Control
In Meditation you just REST in emptiness.
Utter Passivity...
You do not pursue visions or revelations.
They may come or not, but in no case they are targeted as a desirable attainments.
You Do Not "Meditate", cause in Meditation "you" as an entity, do not exist!
In a real Meditation you do not meditate, but Meditation itself Is Meditating in absence of a Self.

Sitting Meditation is the simplest approach to begin the unconditional discovery of NOTHING.
Various Teckniques requesting to number breathings or slowing down breaths are usefull to begin with, but must be abandoned on the way to absolute Nothingness.

In Meditation the brain is gradually operating in lower frequencies that may even descend to Theta at times.
In Theta, visions, revelations and miraculus things Happen!
Again, this is not what one seeks after, but something that may reveiled "per se".

Let Meditation come to (non) "Us"...

You make some good points EYMAIOS. When I first started looking into meditation, a lot of information out there was more of a concentration practice, which I agree is not the same as meditation. But there is a good use for concentration practice, since most people’s minds are so busy that it’s difficult to learn how to simply watch.

Another misconception is that self-realization can only be achieved through rigorous meditation, spending hours each day sitting and/or going to meditation retreats. It’s also a misconception that years of dedicated meditation WILL bring self-realization. (And I realize this thread is not about self realization, it’s about meditation....but I feel it’s worth mentioning).
  • EYMAIOS likes this

#7 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:11 AM

Funny thing!

Self realization is when  ...(non self) realization is staring the World in Absolute Oneness!

Forgive me for everything I say is said in words, and words are lies...

Words are unable to describe the unspoken, the unshaped, the ever changing beyond the (non) existent time and space!

• ElPirana likes this

#8 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,931 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:12 PM

Good to see a discussion growing here.
Some of my clearest visions have come to me sitting at a table propping my body up on my elbow and closing my eyes.
Lately I have been having a bit of trouble releasing the tension from around my eyes. I'm sure a big part of it is relinquishing control of the body. I must learn to welcome oblivion.
  • EYMAIOS likes this

#9 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,931 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:19 PM

Also, it has occurred to me that a lack of energy could be an unconscious reason for not letting go of the body as someone lacking chi could be vulnerable to predatory energies out in the void/astral. Surely it is better to have enough inner light to carry oneself out of dangerous situations if the need to arrives.

All of my psychic experiences and abilities are tenfold when I am fully charged with chi.
  • EYMAIOS likes this

#10 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 871 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 03:29 PM

Lately I have been having a bit of trouble releasing the tension from around my eyes. I'm sure a big part of it is relinquishing control of the body. I must learn to welcome oblivion.

As hot of a washcloth over the eyes you can stand without burning them maybe 5 minutes before meditation. They are one of the most active muscles in the body with a ton of bloodflow as well. I have trouble relaxing my forehead with meditation/yoga.

Anyone ever spontaneously induced a waking lucid dream? I used to meditate till I felt a huge vibration wash over me, if I didn't give into HOLY SHIT! I would fall back into my body (out of my body?) in the astral plane. 

Edited by rockyfungus, 10 April 2021 - 03:29 PM.

• Justintime likes this

#11 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 215 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 AM

Also, it has occurred to me that a lack of energy could be an unconscious reason for not letting go of the body as someone lacking chi could be vulnerable to predatory energies out in the void/astral. Surely it is better to have enough inner light to carry oneself out of dangerous situations if the need to arrives.

All of my psychic experiences and abilities are tenfold when I am fully charged with chi.

Sitting on tne table, on a chair or in a lotus position is the unimportant part.
What is important is that when the body is accustomed-educated to let serenity take over, then all of a sudden you realize it happening at inhospitable positions and unsuitable environments.

Visions, inspirations and revelations come then on their own accord paying you back for all your previous efforts...

• Justintime likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!