Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Q: State of the art:LC && an LC for multiple types?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SelfTransformingMachineElf

SelfTransformingMachineElf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:06 PM

I had some really great success with LC - just light karo syrup in water (if memory serves).  I'm hoping to get some LC off the ground for cubes, a Mexicana, and an Atl #7.  Is there an LC recipe that will work well with all of these - or how about each of them individually.  Has LC tek made any big progression in the last decade?

Edit:  I actually think I'm going to give coastalite's "Dank-Ass Liquid Culture-Tek!" a try.  It's funny - this is the first time I've ever done this sort of work where I can proceed at my leisure.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by SelfTransformingMachineElf, 27 March 2021 - 08:19 PM.

• makinbones69 likes this

#2 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,051 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2021 - 06:56 AM

Light malt extract at about 1% concentration in distilled water is my choice. Works for any species. Stir bar + magnetic stirrer makes for quick thick LCs.

• Sidestreet and rockyfungus like this

#3 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 915 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 10:23 AM

I've gotten away with diluted grain water, if you know that color of LC aim for that. Way easier as stated above. 

#4 Auhron

Auhron

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 271 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2021 - 02:51 PM

My go-to LC recipe is 500ml water(filtered), 1tbsp LME, 1tsp light corn syrup. It has worked for everything I've tried to grow except for agaricus bisporus. Irony, the cheapest mushroom you can find in a grocery store seems to be the most difficult to cultivate at home (in my limited experience)...

Additionally like Sandman said, Magnetic stir bar and stirring plate make for beautifully thick LC's and speed up the process, also it breaks up the mycelium so it's nice and easy to draw into a syringe.

#5 SelfTransformingMachineElf

SelfTransformingMachineElf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:07 PM

Okay - I may have to get this stir plate on the short wish list.  I've had good success manual stirring, and I'm patient.

#6 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 577 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2021 - 08:31 PM

A small-footprint magnetic stirrer IS nice to have. And you don't need the huge (like 1"+) stir bars either. Avoid stir bars that have a ridge around the middle as it's already trying to balance on the little dome in the bottom of the jar and that ridge just makes it easier for the bar to "lose it's grip" on the stir plate.

I recommend you leave an inch or so breathing room at the top (or more) so you can crank the stir bar without soaking your filter when the vortex forms.

• SelfTransformingMachineElf likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!