22 replies to this topic

#21 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 916 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2021 - 03:31 PM

Yeah I have the hardest time with lions mane. I think that I don't have clean spawn ever.

Why  can't you ever grow cordy?

#22 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 916 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2021 - 02:29 PM

Update on the Cordy Experiment:

Back in late May I started a cordy experiment trying to get some nice fruits. In this experiment I tested out a rice and bean substrate vs a tried and true egg method. The results are that both types of jars failed to get fruits yet the tried and true egg and rice substrate worked really well to grow vigorous aerial structures up the walls of the jars. These structures don't look like fruits to me but they are the perfect strong orange color.

At this point I have just left the jars unopened since inoculation which was done through agar wedge in a SAB. The mycelium is starting to dry out and new white growth has appeared on top of the old growth. I have opened the jars for the first time for a smell test. They passed. Here I will share some pics of their progress. Because of the mass of aerial mycelium and much richer color I believe that this is a superior method than the plain brown rice substrate which produced less saturated orange hues than the egg substrate. The bean substrate failed. It works but not as good as the egg substrate.

Jar1back.jpg Jar1.jpg Jar2.jpg Jar3.jpg

Just look at how well this jar proformed compared to the others. I will try to clone for sure!

Jar4.jpg

• ElPirana, makinbones69, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#23 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 07:01 PM

Yeah I have the hardest time with lions mane. I think that I don't have clean spawn ever.

Why  can't you ever grow cordy?

You need a clean plate? I can send ya some agar. 

Was a dumb libido joke, I would nail anything that smiled at me...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!