6 replies to this topic

#1 Telumehtar

Telumehtar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 05:31 PM

Good day fellow psychonauts!

Everyone has their own psychedelic rituals, routines and tricks that help them achieve their goals or just have a great time if that's the main goal. So do I. As a quite anxious person with a high frequency of bad trips, I had to develop a sort of a reliable system over time.

Sharing a couple of things that seem to work well for me, maybe someone else will find them handy. I'd be very glad to find out that something from this list is already known and practiced and exchange experience.

1) How to know what to expect?
- Close your eyes and observe if it's comfortable to keep them closed. I often can't tell if I'm too agitated to trip right now, but being unable to keep my eyes closed is a reliable sign.
- "If I don't trip and just spend a few hours in solitude, will it be a positive experience?" - this question reveals a lot. If the answer is anything but a firm yes, it's probably a good idea to postpone.
- "Am I already tripping?" - if I'm really ready for a trip, it feels like it has already started by the time I take the actual substance.

2) Taking a microdose a few hours before a macro-dose. This allows to explore the state and see if it's comfortable to dive deeper in right now. At the same time, this allows to safely "tune in" and avoid turbulence during the onset.

3) A good long general massage session before the trip (can be beautifully combined with the previous point). I came to realize a good massage can be even more efficient as a preparation than days of meditation.

4) This will probably be relevant for penis owners, dunno about vulva owners, sorry. Edging for about two hours right before the trip can produce powerful erotic and/or religious experiences later on. Edging means having sex or masturbating on the edge of orgasm without actually cumming. I tried this only a few times so far, and every trip had at least a noticeable "safety net" of sexual excitement in the background that kind of absorbed any anxiety or heavy thoughts.
To be clear: I'm talking about getting extremely excited, but not cumming in the end, even after two hours, just stopping and then taking the substance.
I don't think I'm the first who invented this "tantraflip", but I haven't met such practice anywhere, and it's clearly less popular that it deserves to be. Recommend it very much.

Cheers!

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:21 PM

Have you ever tried taking a large dose (e.g., 5+ grams of cubensis) and drilling-down into the root causes of your anxiety during the trip rather than trying to avoid it?

Those "heavy thoughts" are probably occurring on the cusp of that sort of inner work and IMO are an integral part of tripping in general. Just because a trip might overwhelm us with grief or bring up unresolved traumatic issues from the past that we didn't want to think about at all doesn't make a trip 'bad,' it's how emotional pain and grief and trauma are often processed in a psychedelic context. The processing might be rough as hell at the time, but the relief afterward can be truly liberating and life-changing (and the changes tend to stick).

Think of it like going through year or two of intense therapy in 6 hours; some people prefer to get things like that over with rather than drag them out for years, but not everyone does so as usual when it comes to psychedelics "your mileage may vary."

• coorsmikey and Telumehtar like this

#3 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 11:21 PM

All of those things seem like pretty good pointers on trip expectation and anxiety. Never tried the edging thing honestly. :) ha

TV good point. I tripped recently with an old old friend from childhood that we don't see each other often and we know each other like the back of our hands even if we don't see each other for a year sometimes. We screamed and almost fist fought maybe twice over our childhood traumas we experienced together and in the end omg I feel so much better.

When you really care about someone sometimes you have to fight for them even fight them for them! And if no one is fighting g for you or fighting you for you it's hard to feel good about yourself sometimes!

We almost chewed each others faces off but were so happy afterwards!

Even if it ain't all good. It's all good enough.
  • Moonless likes this

#4 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 11:23 PM

I fucking needed that. And afterwards we felt purified and even closer. So important to have a sense of community we are all alone but we are never alone.

Even if it ain't all good. It's all good enough.
  • Moonless likes this

#5 Telumehtar

Telumehtar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 05:26 PM

Have you ever tried taking a large dose (e.g., 5+ grams of cubensis) and drilling-down into the root causes of your anxiety during the trip rather than trying to avoid it?

Those "heavy thoughts" are probably occurring on the cusp of that sort of inner work and IMO are an integral part of tripping in general. Just because a trip might overwhelm us with grief or bring up unresolved traumatic issues from the past that we didn't want to think about at all doesn't make a trip 'bad,' it's how emotional pain and grief and trauma are often processed in a psychedelic context. The processing might be rough as hell at the time, but the relief afterward can be truly liberating and life-changing (and the changes tend to stick).

Think of it like going through year or two of intense therapy in 6 hours; some people prefer to get things like that over with rather than drag them out for years, but not everyone does so as usual when it comes to psychedelics "your mileage may vary."

Great point, thanks! Yeah, I tried that a lot, and it was quite beneficial. Finding root causes of anxiety, transcending anxiety, accepting anxiety, all that stuff. Shit became a lot more manageable, but at the same time I haven't lost my ability to be anxious. Like, I might have a stressful period at work or something like this, and it can affect my trips. It's life.

I guess, if I still have something to heal, it's my lifestyle and life choices that lead to stress :D

#6 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,076 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2021 - 06:35 PM

Interesting idea about edging... heh. 

I personally don't like to mix sex with mushrooms. Unless it's out of my control through visions... in which case it's usually far too strange to be advisable... 

#7 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,076 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2021 - 06:39 PM

My advice for dealing with anxiety while still going deeper would be to practice more intense meditation and loving-kindness. When I was last serious about going deeper, I'd occasionally find that moment of ridiculous fear, when it's like God is going to tear me and my world apart, heart racing. But, was always navigable, meditation, loving-kindness. 

But, don't trust me. I don't know nothin'.

Edited by Guy1298, 04 April 2021 - 10:34 PM.

• Telumehtar likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!