76 replies to this topic

#61 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:25 PM

I've used many sketchy tickets in my day. Would of tried it and then Astroworlded my way inside.

#62 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2022 - 10:52 PM

[Direct Link]

So glad he got sponsored and getting recognition. Rep that helmet, bring back the old styles, work those rails, don't do anything that's "cool". 
He's the fucking man even if there's better skaters. 

• ElPirana, YoshiTrainer and Oldpunk like this

#63 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 863 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2022 - 01:34 PM

Yo that is some smooth ass flatland skating. Talk about someone having fun with it.

Love it. Wish it didn't hurt so bad to fall these days....makes a guy wanna go out and roll around.
  • rockyfungus likes this

#64 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2022 - 01:45 PM

I bet Rodney doesn't even realize what this kid did for him. That manual downhill. I just love his style. I'm all about style and the art instead of skill. 

Dude flat ground just cruise! No rush, no tricks needed. Just you and the board and pavement.
Fuck it I'm off to ride! Time to try and get 80% of a ride on my non-dominant leg. 

Edited by rockyfungus, 12 March 2022 - 01:48 PM.

#65 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 863 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2022 - 01:58 PM

2 ft of snow and negative 6 here still. Need to get out snowboarding abit. Or even x cuntry ski. But you know I will be rolling around once it warms up. I keep my board in my work van so if I end up someplace cool I can cruise around for an hour
  • rockyfungus likes this

#66 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 863 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2022 - 02:28 PM

If you talking about Rodney Mullen. That guy was a flatland king.
  • YoshiTrainer likes this

#67 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,734 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2022 - 02:46 PM

I agree, Rodney Mullen is absolutely amazing and comes off as a really nice guy! I used to own one of his freestyle boards.

[Direct Link]

• rockyfungus likes this

#68 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2022 - 03:29 PM

Mullen has invented everything and doesn't even know it's his tricks. Seems super nice and introverted.

I forget that winter isn't a cycle of 70 to -2 for most people.

[Direct Link]

Business lecture from OG skater. Life skills galore here.

I've been meaning to rewatch some Bones brigade. 

Edited by rockyfungus, 12 March 2022 - 03:35 PM.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#69 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2022 - 02:53 PM

[Direct Link]

Sorry I'm waiting for snow to melt.

Whole video is amazing but skip to 1:46 it makes me feel so scared. Camera probably making it look faster. Those big exaggerated kicks down hill. The balance and muscle is nuts. 

Edited by rockyfungus, 19 March 2022 - 02:54 PM.

#70 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 863 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2022 - 03:26 PM

Ha. Just watched the Mullen video and the longboard one.

Back in the day we played a lot of Tony Hawk on the PlayStation and the watching the Mullen videojust reminded me of that game and the crazy special moves. And then you see a video of someone just throw in down the tricks. It's insane.

When I started skating boards had no nose and if you could pull a 180 you were awesome. As all the younger skaters started in with flip tricks and a grind name for every angle I never could keep up. Snowboarding too. These kids are insanely good. Even the tiny ski hill by me has a 10 kink rail.

These days I quit trying to do flip tricks, rails and gaps/steps. It just hurts too much to fall when you get older. But it's still fun to cruise around. Never had a long board but hauling ass like that looks fun. Even my cruiser board gets speed wobbles pretty bad.

Anyway snow is melting quick here and it's gonna be time to roll soon.
  • rockyfungus likes this

#71 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2022 - 06:22 PM

Getting pumped I could roll today. Got up to 55 and there's a few places that are maintained during snow. Just hate dismantling a wet board. 
It's insane how quick the skill ramped up. Now you could watch a million ways to learn the same trick. 

Almost pulled the trigger on a classic popsicle to hit up a park to meet people. Eyeballing another downhill/cruiser. 

Edited by rockyfungus, 19 March 2022 - 06:24 PM.

• Moonless likes this

#72 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,184 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 July 2022 - 10:10 PM

A couple years ago I bought some cheap inline skates from a thrift store for myself and for both my kids. They ended up not really liking it so much, so I only went out a couple times.

Last week I picked back up again. Went out three times. Starting to get the feel for it, but I think it’ll take some time to get real comfortable. Nothing like starting when you’re in your 40’s haha. I haven’t really skated since I was in elementary school, so it’s really like starting from scratch.

#73 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,184 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 September 2022 - 06:02 PM

A couple years ago I bought some cheap inline skates from a thrift store for myself and for both my kids. They ended up not really liking it so much, so I only went out a couple times.
Last week I picked back up again. Went out three times. Starting to get the feel for it, but I think it’ll take some time to get real comfortable. Nothing like starting when you’re in your 40’s haha. I haven’t really skated since I was in elementary school, so it’s really like starting from scratch.

I’ve been riding those cheap, old POS skates a lot since July. I’ve worn them out, the wheels are falling apart and they hurt my feet like crazy.

I just got some new skates. FR 3 with 80mm wheels. I haven’t used them yet, just rolled around in the living room, but they are already a different world of skates. Can’t wait to use them tomorrow!

gallery_158979_1740_1570371.jpeg
  • Juthro and rockyfungus like this

#74 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,184 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2022 - 03:41 PM

I’ve been using those new skates for two weeks and what a difference! These are in a whole different league compared to my old skates, much more comfortable, maneuverable and fast.

Last weekend I went to a skate park and started trying to learn to skate backwards. Was a little awkward at the beginning but I started to get the feel for it after a while.

#75 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,235 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2022 - 05:03 PM

I wondered if this would be the case.   Your money was well spent IMO, for what ever that's worth :).     I hope you enjoy the hell out of those skates, and that you get to wear them out, brother. I mean that with all sincerity.

Stay healthy, and stay happy :)

Edited by Juthro, 21 September 2022 - 05:03 PM.

• ElPirana likes this

#76 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,184 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2022 - 08:45 AM

I wondered if this would be the case.   Your money was well spent IMO, for what ever that's worth :).     I hope you enjoy the hell out of those skates, and that you get to wear them out, brother. I mean that with all sincerity.

Stay healthy, and stay happy :)

Thanks Juthro! These are such a pleasure to ride, I still can’t believe the difference myself.

Of course with work and family, there’s not a lot of time to use them, so I’ve been skating during many of my lunch breaks during the week. Then on the weekend I’ll go out very early at least once. Last Sunday I left home at 6:30am and didn’t get back till 9:00, still had plenty of time the rest of the day for everything else.

#77 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2022 - 11:28 PM

That's the ticket! I sold my first board recouped the cost and kept the hardware. Just need a new deck. 

Riding the second deck almost daily if I can. Way better at controlling my speed. Able to ride on my goofy (non-dominant) foot really well. Those morning cruises before the world is up is great.

Nice fruitboots  :tongue:

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

• Juthro and ElPirana like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!