• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guerrilla

Guerrilla

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 05:36 AM

Some of you will be aware of the situation with another forum at the moment.

I need my fix of knowledge so here I am. It'll be cool to see the differences between the forums if any.

The only reason I hadn't signed up before is because of the site design, it just sorta put me off. No offence intended by that I'm just a fussy OCD fuck.

Looking forward to being a part of another community. I do have one question while I'm here. With LC to LC, when should I start stirring? I don't want to disrupt anything.

Peace :biggrin:

• Sidestreet likes this

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 849 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:03 AM

Hey welcome! Sorry to hear about what happened at Shroomery. Theres alot of info here but it does take some getting used to. I encourage you to take some time to scroll all the way down on the main page and read the various forum headlines. Once you get used to it the layout is not so much different from shroomery, mycotek or any other online forum. There is even an archive forum called the vaults, they are really great and might even have the answer already.

I give my LC a few days to let it grow then I give it a shake once a day for a few days. Once it's pretty grown I fridge it.

Edited by Moonless, 03 April 2021 - 10:07 AM.

• Guerrilla likes this

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,022 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:05 AM

What's the situation with the other forum? Should I do some extra housekeeping to expect more company?

Stirring the LC to LC is totally up to you. It can speed up colonization  and help prevent large clumps of mycelium that clog the needle. On the other hand I don't stir and that works for me. I'm prolly not as OCD as I once was though.

Edited by coorsmikey, 03 April 2021 - 01:52 PM.

• Moonless likes this

#4 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 849 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:30 AM

It got hacked. I noticed it was down either yesterday or two days ago. I did a little more digging and found that it had some sort of ransom attack.

Edited by Moonless, 03 April 2021 - 10:33 AM.

#5 Ovoidhunter

Ovoidhunter

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 11:37 AM

What's up yo

#6 Enjoil

Enjoil

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:54 PM

What happened to the shroomery? That’s why I found my way back here also.... lol. Some crazy guy says don’t worry! I’m worried!

#7 Guerrilla

Guerrilla

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:03 PM

Hey welcome! Sorry to hear about what happened at Shroomery. Theres alot of info here but it does take some getting used to. I encourage you to take some time to scroll all the way down on the main page and read the various forum headlines. Once you get used to it the layout is not so much different from shroomery, mycotek or any other online forum. There is even an archive forum called the vaults, they are really great and might even have the answer already.

I give my LC a few days to let it grow then I give it a shake once a day for a few days. Once it's pretty grown I fridge it.

For sure, I'm not quite pulled in yet. But I'm back again so that's something. I signed into mobile the other day and found it much more comfortable. I will flick through everything soon, definitely - cheers mate!

I started stirring on day 3, progress is good so far. Getting nice small spheres of growth from the stirring.

What's the situation with the other forum? Should I do some extra housekeeping to expect more company?

Stirring the LC to LC is totally up to you. It can speed up colonization  and help prevent large clumps of mycelium that clog the needle. On the other hand I don't stir and that works for me. I'm prolly not as OCD as I once was though.

You already know by now, but I guess you'll expect a decent amount of people. It's happened before and the site is usually up relativey soon though. Not sure where I'll end up staying. Feel mildly played as it happened the same day I bought a supporter account lol. Thanks for the info pal see you around.

What's up yo

I'd already commented on your thread before seeing this. G'day fellow shroomerite, see you around.

What happened to the shroomery? That’s why I found my way back here also.... lol. Some crazy guy says don’t worry! I’m worried!

Hacked. I was browsing and all of a sudden all forum/sub-forum names had been changed to "HACKED - EMAIL [email protected] FOR DATABASE PASSWORDS ETC" something about the admin not paying for a bug bounty IIRC.

#8 4sporeand7flushes

4sporeand7flushes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:15 PM

Got a screen grab...

Fullscreen capture 3312021 93333 AM.jpg

As for LC, I wait till I see signs of growth and shake the living piss out of it, with LC to LC, usually every day for a week and it's done.

[Direct Link]

That's about a week and what I would call ready to go.

Edited by 4sporeand7flushes, 07 April 2021 - 09:19 PM.

#9 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,799 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:00 AM

1NnbqVj

• Moonless likes this

#10 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:33 AM

I throw my LC on the stirring plates as soon as the mycelium has been added... If you are stirring often or constantly, they will colonize much more quickly... 

It is amazing how different people can be as to preference within a specific interest group. I have been a member at the Shroomery for a while but rarely post. I find the format of this forum more agreeable. I find the Shroomery format to be a little too busy for me. The fact that there are a few more Jabronis on the site also puts me off a bit... 

Edited by PJammer24, 08 April 2021 - 08:39 AM.

#11 Guerrilla

Guerrilla

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:32 AM

I throw my LC on the stirring plates as soon as the mycelium has been added... If you are stirring often or constantly, they will colonize much more quickly... 

It is amazing how different people can be as to preference within a specific interest group. I have been a member at the Shroomery for a while but rarely post. I find the format of this forum more agreeable. I find the Shroomery format to be a little too busy for me. The fact that there are a few more Jabronis on the site also puts me off a bit... 

Thanks PJam. I partially remembered seeing a thread in the past where someone said they stir 24/7 from the moment they add the myc and they got the craziest colonisation speeds. I couldn't remember 100% so didn't want to take the chance, but for my next LC I'mma test it and run straight away, also continuously.

#12 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 546 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:40 AM

mushrooms need oxygen to grow and continually agitating the water surface allows more oxygen to dissolve back into the water.

#13 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:41 AM

Thanks PJam. I partially remembered seeing a thread in the past where someone said they stir 24/7 from the moment they add the myc and they got the craziest colonisation speeds. I couldn't remember 100% so didn't want to take the chance, but for my next LC I'mma test it and run straight away, also continuously.

I typically don't run the plates all day because I don't want to burn them out and because I think that if given a moment of rest it may colonize faster after being mixed throughout the jar of sugar water... I typically throw them on the plate to give them a good swirl for a while and then let them sit for several hours, and then swirl them again... I can not attest to whether they will colonize faster with intermittent stirring or constant stirring... I suspect you would see very little difference between three 1-2 hour stirs per day or constant stirring... If you don't have stirring plates, I would suggest stirring by hand for a minute or two 3-4 times a day... get that baby swirled around a few times every day and it will colonize quickly enough.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!