44 replies to this topic

#21 Ovoidhunter

Ovoidhunter

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:24 PM

Now time to get used to poasting up in dis hoe

Edited by Ovoidhunter, 06 April 2021 - 06:25 PM.

• Moonless likes this

#22 4sporeand7flushes

4sporeand7flushes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:45 AM

I'm ovoidhunter as some of you might know me from the shroomery. I come here to hopefully see my talents be appreciated and hopefully the mods here are better than there because it is garbage imo. Greetings!

Is it just me or has the shroomery been down for a week.  Last time it loaded there was a bunch of messages saying it was hacked and they were selling the database.  Sorry if that is a taboo topic.

• Moonless likes this

#23 ReverendOMyc

ReverendOMyc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:55 AM

Hello OvidHunter and all.

I am another refugee from Shroomery. I have followed a few of your threads and comments over there, OvidHunter.

I don't have any particular grief with the anarchic mentality over there, but I did hear some kind remarks about Mycotopia there that lead me here. So there is that. When they went down I remembered what I had heard and tried to get set up over here. It has taken a bit, but that gave me time to do some reading here and I do like the vibe. 

@4sporeand7flushes It has been down since at least 3/31 and I have found reports that the admins are just doing security audits and testing before bringing it back on line. I am pretty sure I will be spending more of my time over here from now on, though.

I have made a few good virtual friends over there and hope to make even more here.

Peace.

• sandman, Sidestreet, Myc and 1 other like this

#24 BlueSkyCloud

BlueSkyCloud

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:02 PM

Hey all. I come from the Shroomery too althought I have browsed here before.
Nice to be here. :cool:

• sandman, Sidestreet and coorsmikey like this

#25 MushyTushy

MushyTushy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:07 AM

Hello! I am also a refugee!

• Sidestreet, bezevo and Moonless like this

#26 Bongoman

Bongoman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:34 PM

Me too, but I’m loving the exotics threads here. So much great information about mexicana, semperviva etc
  • coorsmikey, bezevo, Moonless and 1 other like this

#27 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 849 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:37 PM

Now time to get used to poasting up in dis hoe

One of us!

;)

Edited by Moonless, 08 April 2021 - 07:37 PM.

• bezevo likes this

#28 Mushcellectual

Mushcellectual

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:16 AM

Same here, some things I’ll miss about the shroomery, who knows if it will be back. Looking forward to learning and sharing here.

#29 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:54 AM

I'm curious why no one from the shroomery who knows what's going on while it's down ever drops by here to post updates about it. Since a lot of members from there come here when it's down that would seem like a good idea and would be very helpful.

#30 vork21

vork21

Fan Man

• Free Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:08 AM

I'm curious why no one from the shroomery who knows what's going on while it's down ever drops by here to post updates about it. Since a lot of members from there come here when it's down that would seem like a good idea and would be very helpful.

I mean, nobody was dropping by the shroomery with updates when Mycotopia was down while migrating platforms either.  Jus sayin...

#31 ReverendOMyc

ReverendOMyc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:02 PM

I hope that this is not inappropriate to post here. If so, I will edit it.

This was posted and pinned on the shroomery discord channel:

geo — 04/05/2021
"The short of it is, we're spinning up a new server environment, fixing the specific vulnerability that was exploited, transferring all data over, updating a handful of things that need to be updated.  I don't have a reliable estimate, but I would throw a dart at 2 weeks lead time.

The long of it is... we're eventually going to move to a third-party managed solution, which will increase our expenses but vastly decrease our stress.  It may be a bit wonky during transition as we'll have to outsource programming tasks to rebuild a lot of the custom functionality the boards currently enjoy."

Mods, let me know if this should be removed.

peace 

• Sidestreet likes this

#32 southernblues

southernblues

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:22 PM

Hello Y'all! Another Shroomery transfer stoked to dive in and get some learnin' and thanks in adavance!

• Sidestreet likes this

#33 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,799 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:57 PM

Banner
knowthyselfblue-resized.jpg
H3 Cakes 002 (post).jpg

Edited by Sidestreet, 09 April 2021 - 08:58 PM.

#34 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:11 PM

I was most recently posting at the shroomery, before that here, before that seem to recall a site called the nook, before that a kit from High Times Magazine, and then the book by "Oss & Oeric". 'What along strange trip...

• Sidestreet likes this

#35 4sporeand7flushes

4sporeand7flushes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:36 PM

They have put up a blurb that comes up when you load the page now.

#36 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:36 PM

I mean, nobody was dropping by the shroomery with updates when Mycotopia was down while migrating platforms either.  Jus sayin...

I recall seeing threads there while 'Topia was down that included updates on the progress of getting it back up, but both sites have been down numerous times over the years even though not every time results in informative updates (most don't).

Not being a member there means I usually don't check threads there at all so most of the time I don't know if updates about 'Topia being down are posted or not. The one I'm thinking of was a long time ago (10+ years). But in any case I wasn't talking about this site and replying with a "whatabout" in this context seems odd and pointless.

#37 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:37 PM

I've been over at the shroomery and here along with Fahtster and a couple others. ( Faht, alot more than I) ive only posted there once in a blue moon. And only over the last year or so.

I did get to know a few really cool people tho and I'm really excited for the flood of new people and their personal style, information, and personality.

Hopefully we can integrate these awesome edgy cats and learn some of the trends and truisms they can bring on over.

Even if it ain't all good. It's all good enough.

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 10 April 2021 - 08:38 PM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#38 deucedbi9

deucedbi9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:22 PM

I recall seeing threads there while 'Topia was down that included updates on the progress of getting it back up, but both sites have been down numerous times over the years even though not every time results in informative updates (most don't).

Not being a member there means I usually don't check threads there at all so most of the time I don't know if updates about 'Topia being down are posted or not. The one I'm thinking of was a long time ago (10+ years). But in any case I wasn't talking about this site and replying with a "whatabout" in this context seems odd and pointless.

I look forward to the Shroomery coming back online, and looking up exactly what the OP is bitching about aka the mods.

I feel that the kind of people that bitch about the 'modding' of online forums are usally the sort of sheepdips that get their arses banned and then go on to using their internet aquired hacking skills to fuck up those they feel have slighted them.

Why the fuk would anyone hack the shit out of a forum whose main purpose is harm reduction?

It's kinda sad that an admin on a likeminded forum would choose this thread to "sticky". Just saying.

Edited by deucedbi9, Yesterday, 03:23 PM.

#39 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

I feel that the kind of people that bitch about the 'modding' of online forums are usually the sort of sheepdips that get their arses banned and then go on to using their internet acquired hacking skills to fuck up those they feel have slighted them.

Why the fuk would anyone hack the shit out of a forum whose main purpose is harm reduction?

Sounds like you answered your own question right before you asked it. That's exactly what's happened here in the past, which I'd guess you would remember since I just noticed that you've been a member here since '06. That made me do a double-take since I didn't recognize your name as a longtime member, but then I noticed that you've averaged just under two posts per year so it suddenly makes a lot more sense.

It's kinda sad that an admin on a likeminded forum would choose this thread to "sticky". Just saying.

What's "sad" about that? It was pinned at the top so those coming here from there due to the hack can more easily find others doing the same who they may know, and for introductions like was pointed out in the first reply.

• coorsmikey likes this

#40 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,022 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 03:55 PM

That's to bad that makes you so sad to see a thread pinned for the reason of others coming here would have a common thread. 

I look forward to Shroomery coming back online too!

Edited by coorsmikey, Yesterday, 03:57 PM.

• bezevo likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!