• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 deucedbi9

deucedbi9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:39 PM

It's kinda sad that an admin on a likeminded forum would choose this thread to "sticky". Just saying.

That's to bad that makes you so sad to see a thread pinned for the reason of others coming here would have a common thread. 

I look forward to Shroomery coming back online too!

I'm sure there were other Shroomery refugee members posts that you could have "stickied" but you chose to do so with the one vilifying the mods at the Shroomery. :shrug:

I feel the relative latitude given by the mods at the Shroomery lends itself to their more stroppy members getting their rocks off on disrespecting their role on the forum and their subsequent hissy fits when the 'banhammer' is used.

#42 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 05:17 PM

I'm sure there were other Shroomery refugee members posts that you could have "stickied" but you chose to do so with the one vilifying the mods at the Shroomery. :shrug:

I feel the relative latitude given by the mods at the Shroomery lends itself to their more stroppy members getting their rocks off on disrespecting their role on the forum and their subsequent hissy fits when the 'banhammer' is used.

Ahh, that makes more sense now. I glossed right over that part of the OP since I don't really care what anyone thinks about the mods on other forums, and it's not against the rules to talk shit about them though it would be discouraged. :deadhorse: 

It's only against the rules to talk shit to/about 'Topa mods. :bat:

From what I've seen they run things the same way in that respect. 

#43 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,022 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 05:29 PM

Yeah I wouldn't have a clue of how the mods are there, I never hear anything good or bad really.  I only hear stories about troll members actually. Either site however the are moderated are gonna have folks that don't agree. I guess I can see your point as well calling the OP as its normally the trolls that have the biggest issue with how things are moderated. To be totally transparent, I didn't put much though into pinning this thread other than thinking how many duplicate threads there were in the future to clean up. I am sure there is going to be hints of rivalry  no matter what as well as some new folks deciding to hang around regardless of of how the Mods perform. Plus being a mod in the first place you're kind of under the microscope anyways and to have a outlook from others as disfavorable is to be expected. Maybe that's why I paid no thought to it when I pinned this thread.

After putting some thought into though, one thing that I know we have in common is the last few members that were banned from here were previously banned from Shroomery. It take a lot to get the ban hammer here. I can think of maybe 3 bans in the last three years. I can assume by just the amount of traffic that there were more bans at Shroomery in that same amount of time.

Edited by coorsmikey, Yesterday, 05:54 PM.

#44 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 12:13 AM

I have made my  3 posts, But did not get a validation email. Also I found my old posts from when I was a member here at least as far back as 2008. As I guess you all know the:

Expired Member Account Reactivation

Started By coorsmikey , Feb 13 2018 09:04 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...t-reactivation/

is a joke and just leads to a static image

not that it matters, but I had 113 posts and it would be nice to be allowed to use all the forums again, using either account or either name, I still have both emails.

here is the data and links

shadowechos

Expired Member

113 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:11 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...39;#entry498223

https://mycotopia.ne...h&fromMainBar=1

#45 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 08:46 AM

You just needed one more post approved shiftingshadows. I guess we were all asleep when you posted, but you are a free member now.

Welcome back !

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!