#1 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,382 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2021 - 02:36 PM

I dont usually foist books that I am interested in on people but I am on my second fine tooth comb read in a book that I have found overall the most profound book I have read .   You dont have to have an interest in biology, mycology, botany or other scientific endeavor to absorb what is in this book.   It is part study of  plant/soil mycobiomes, mycology, microbiology history ,natural growing, agrichemicals (bad), antibiotics (overuse and damaging) and the human microbiome (how to alter it for better health) .  It is about what affects our immunity to happen and how we can affect it.  Increased or decrease immunity for me when people talk about it is eye rolling and full of vague platitudes but this book clarifies what is known.   I find it is changing the or rather evolving me in the direction of a paradigm or road that I have been on.  I hope you will read it , change or tweak whatever diet you are on and improve your health.  The book by Montgomery and Bikle is The Hidden Half of Nature.   

Edited by Myc, 03 April 2021 - 05:14 PM.

• Coopdog, PJammer24, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#2 Wonky1

Wonky1

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 04:17 PM

Read the summary notes and it sounds fascinating. Put a hold on at my local library! Thanks for the recommendation; this seems more important now than ever....

• Coopdog likes this

#3 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,382 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2021 - 08:19 PM

you wont be disappointed and it ties in the roles of mycelium and good bacteria in our well being

#4 SelfTransformingMachineElf

SelfTransformingMachineElf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:49 AM

Seeker - I'm reading Merlin Sheldrake's "Entangled Life: How Fungi Make Our Worlds, Change Our Minds & Shape Our Futures".  I'm really enjoying it so far.  Give it a look!

#5 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,382 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:21 AM

If you like Merlin's book (I read that , great): The Hidden half of Nature goes beyond fungi (whose role in the orchestra is vital) .  The plant and human biomes are the bigger ("microscopic) picture.  The history of microscopic discovery across centuries is fascinating and we are fortunate to be alive at this time.

A little glimpse: 

[Direct Link]

Edited by Seeker2be, 06 April 2021 - 10:23 AM.

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:59 AM

I already needed a bigger bookshelf... The internet and Amazon make buying books and anything else for that matter far too easy!

#7 SelfTransformingMachineElf

SelfTransformingMachineElf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:46 PM

Cool, Seeker!  I'll add it to the list.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!