• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#181 Toecutter

Toecutter

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:04 AM

Look at the attack on the Muslim religion by the general Christian body. Or the fight between Mormonism being the "true Christianity" and Christianity. What amazes me is how quick someone of religious faith is offended by their own religion being questioned, but how quick they are to judge anothers. Cliffords final point is that religion ultimately is immoral

As of late I havent seen or heard any christian policy to kill children of
muslim faith or anyone who does not hold Jesus close to their heart.
Granted, not all muslims feel this way but if there were a christian
church promoting this, you know damn well you would see it on the
5:00 news. Furthermore, 99% of the people on this planet are
defensive in their beliefs whether it be work practices or otherwise
such as religion and/or but not limited to eating magic mushrooms.
Do or would you become defensive if someone questioned you eating
the grand cubbies? It's human nature period.
You have a valid point concerning the "judging" that takes place
with christian religions. They all think the other is going
straight to hell. That is their flaw.

#182 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:21 AM

''All matter is merely energy condensed, to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively.
There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we the imagination of ourselves.

Bill Hicks, good stuff. :eusa_clap

Religion = Control IMO. There is nothing on this earth that I hate more than someone trying to control me, and no person more deplorable to me than the one who tries to control his fellow man. Who is anyone to tell me what to think or do? Where is this authority coming from? How vain does someone have to be to honestly and truly believe they are in any way justified in writing doctrine for anyone but themselves to live by?

Also, in the words of Groucho Marx... "I would never want to belong to any club that would actually accept someone like me as a member"

#183 jumpinrocks

jumpinrocks

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:52 AM

I have to admit that if I didnt know what I know that would be the biggest anit-religionist out there. I think they are all a bunch of BS accept one.

to get back to the subject though I do believe that God operates within the eternal laws of physics and that the truth is not out of reach as to how we came to being and where we came from.

I always laughed at the darwin fish eating the Jesus fish or visa versa that people put on the back of cars. why cant somebody make one that has them both standing up and shaking hands? Natural selection is a proven fact an easy to observe in all of nature.

Just remember that TRUE RELIGION is the queen of the Sciences and operates within her parameters.

Peace ya all and I hope my 2 cents was worth something here.
JR

#184 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:03 PM

First of all, my reason has nothing to do with violence or terrorism.

I think all religions should be banned because they put you out of touch with reality by making you believe in things which havent been proved. To survive, prosper and make good decisions, you need to know what the reality is. Religions generally create a fog of misperceptions which are a handicap in one's life.

What do you guys think of that?

i can agree with that in a way. i can also agree with what mycobri said that you can't stop what people believe. especially if it is something they were brought up on. i was brought up in religion but didn't buy it and rebelled. now, it seems, im more open minded than most i meet. i feel that religion is a means of control. i do however believe that there is some force out there higher than we as humans. wether you call it god or the universe, its some kind of energy!

#185 lionelfire

lionelfire

Keeping on

• Expired Member
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:43 PM

First of all, my reason has nothing to do with violence or terrorism.

I think all religions should be banned because they put you out of touch with reality by making you believe in things which havent been proved. To survive, prosper and make good decisions, you need to know what the reality is. Religions generally create a fog of misperceptions which are a handicap in one's life.

What do you guys think of that?

#186 carpet face

carpet face

spice-e

• Expired Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:12 PM

nothing but war argument war
it is only a way for someone to be better than you because they are right and you are wrong . the effect is the opposite of its intent.most religions say it is wrong to worship a false god therefore there will never be tolerance between different religions.

THE END

#187 Nzo

Nzo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:32 AM

phalanx banning religion seems mean ,like the way
the government bans Marijuana, yeah ....
for some reason they seem to turn their heads with that and
are afraid of something they dont understand.
kinda like what I'm hearing with all the "need for proof"
banning something like religion? seems really unnecessary because
someone doesn't believe in it. Control freakish.
Hippie makes alot of sense though. This isn't the only
thing that does not have proof but people still have faith in.
But what ever one person chooses to believe in is their choice.
sorry man i see the governments' "ways" of dealing, i think they don't know much about cannabis hence the whole "ignorance" they think it will kill you.

dont mean to offend anyone, just IMO
just like you have your own. everyone thinks differently.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!