• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2021 - 03:42 PM

"Bizarre" doesn't quite cut it. No words do, frankly.

I don't really know what else to say about this report submitted to a site that collects Near Death Experiences other than that it was unlike anything else I've ever read, it was disturbingly compelling, and more than a little unsettling.

https://www.nderf.or...wilson_fde.html

I don't want to paste the whole thing here, and in any case it's not very long.

I'm curious what others make of it.

Edited by TVCasualty, 06 April 2021 - 03:43 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, SteampunkScientist and 2 others like this

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,212 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:05 PM

I agree that bizarre doesn't quite cover it.   The story feels very twilight zone'ish. 

It is very well written, and I have to wonder if was just an exercise in creative writing, but I don't know.

• TVCasualty, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:30 PM

It's unique to anything I have ever read or been told about a NDE.

I have myself been close to someone as they died, and the things they experienced and said prior to becoming unable to speak were more like what was more commonly described.

This was something so detailed and beyond any "expected" experience I simply have nothing to relate or compare it to.

I don't get the feel reading the experience that it is fabricated. This makes it more complicated to me to know what to think about it, but I can accept it as something I believe he did go through.

• TVCasualty, Coopdog, Juthro and 3 others like this

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,255 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:11 PM

:weedpoke:  I better not have any dreams about a damn spinning fate wheel tonight I tell ya

Since our perception of time is exclusively in one direction it's a bit of a mind boggling concept to try to picture. Teleportation or time travel or multiverse skipping, or something else entirely. It is hard to tell

The best thing I can come up with is it sounds like a trip dream. Clearly he said it was not dreaming but the feeling of it being similar to a dream is what I mean. Perhaps some sort of natural hallucination? The mind is a fantastic creator thats for sure, using different sensory inputs to deliver to me a picture of the world in front of me. What role does dreaming take in our physical survival, do dreams act as a sort of simulator where our minds can experiment with all sorts of different outcomes. Was this some sort of live dream like what some may call dejavu. You mind is live streaming a dream memory while it is being made or something to that effect. A process we normally don't have access to.

That or his near death experience managed to slice a hole in fold of reality and he was able to see beyond the veil.

I got not clue

• TVCasualty, Skywatcher, Juthro and 1 other like this

#5 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,075 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:29 PM

I had a super powerful DMT experience that I tried to write about on here one time. In my own experience, I was yanked out of my existence, and was outside of all the different realities. I saw literally innumerable boxes... like TV screens, and there was a female voice with me in the void. (I had been in a terrible way before I did the DMT, and frankly didn't care of I lived or died or what) and I became aware of that voice telling me I could choose... choose to go back, or choose not to go back to "my" reality. I thought about it in a very detached way, and realized how many people I would be hurting if I chose not to go back and made my decision. Suddenly I was falling for lack of a better word towards these millions of holes or screens, or boxes, and I began to gradually come back to my reality. I was very grateful that I was allowed to do so. 

• pharmer, Skywatcher, Juthro and 3 others like this

#6 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,212 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:31 AM

I think that Rooster defined the event better as more of a dejavu type happing.

And I would like to explain my reasons for questing the story.  It's not that I don't think such a thing could happen, but rather that I was impressed with the writing ability and overall presentation of the story.  It was written by someone with some talent.  By my judgement it was a polished story, and that tends to be outside of standard deviation for most postings of that type.

The writer could just be a good writer that this happened to, but I think if I played the odds this would be a bad bet.

So in conclusion, I guess I'm saying while not convinced, I'm still willing to call undecided.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, SteampunkScientist and 1 other like this

#7 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:27 AM

He momentarily slipped out of the matrix and the machine/wheel was trying to sort him back into one of the possible scenarios that the AI had programmed for him...

I other words, I am pretty sure he is "the one" aka NEO...

It bothers me that he seems convinced that there most likely is no god... I think it is unlikely that god exists in human form or that god is anything like what people and religious groups tend to describe or illustrate but I can in no way say that god "probably does not exist"... If there  is a god, it is beyond our comprehension and is more than likely nothing like what people imagine. How does he define god? God could simply be an energy that flows through everything or a conscious source... It may not even be conscious in the typical sense beyond being sensitive to the energy put off by humans, animals, and plants alike... I think that god likely does not exist as a gray haired old guy sitting up in the clouds but I don't have nearly enough evidence for me to say that god probably does not exist and there is far too much in this world that I can not explain and could be related to the divine... God may have created us in his image but that could mean so many different things. That phrase from Genesis could also be a far different translation than what was originally envisioned by the shepherds out in their fields playing with Acacia...

Edited by PJammer24, 07 April 2021 - 08:34 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, SteampunkScientist and 1 other like this

#8 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,075 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:05 PM

Amazing analysis guys. 

#9 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,255 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:04 PM

There is always the chance that any story on the internet could be a tall tale right? No way we can throw that possibility out.

So assuming it is real, after posting I ended up looking up the wiki definition of dejavu and I noticed a few small details seemed to line up. Dejavu itself is contested though so bear with me

They claimed common triggers of intense dejavu are frequent driving and television watching, and possibly stress. Two factors that the person in the story was under. I like to think our minds manifest our fears and thoughts into our dreams. So when he mentioned that he thought it was a dangerous intersection one could assume there was a bit of lingering fear about it in his mind. As well he said he was an atheist so that would definitely effect his opinion on what he was viewing. Seems to me the definition of god is pretty vague when you discuss it outside the mainstream religions.

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#10 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:26 AM

One hypothetical explanation for how deja-vu works is that sometimes our sensory input mixes up a couple of steps (gets them out of order).

So your eye sees something but then that input gets sent to/through your memory before reaching your conscious awareness of what we perceive as the present instead of the other way around ('perceive' as the present because it's not actually the present since that can never be perceived directly, and this technicality of delayed perception is what allows deja-vu to exist). So what you see in front of you in real-time is then perceived as a memory and as what's actually happening simultaneously.

But that's just a hypothesis, though a compelling one. There might be more than one type of these experiences with different causal factors, and they might not even work like that at all.

I had a strange experience a few years ago when I was first in line at a red light that was eerily similar to the one above except there was no visionary element. I was in a hurry so as soon as it turned green I hit the gas a bit aggressively and began my left turn (I had the arrow). There was a weird moment where I had a bizarre feeling of hyper-awareness that came out of nowhere along with the sense that something was very, very wrong.

When I looked into my rear view mirror I saw that someone had run the red (from my right) to turn left directly across my path. Somehow, I looked him in the eye which is why I know it was a "he." That happened when he was still to my right. It's hard to describe the particulars but the timing and sequence of how we got through that intersection didn't add up at all; he should have slammed square into my passenger side real hard (there were no passengers). My mind was instinctively braced for impact. But next thing I know he'd passed right behind (or through) me and on we went like nothing had happened because for some unfathomable reason nothing had happened.

It was probably the case that I just got really lucky with a close call and my mind had filled in some blanks retroactively once I started noticing what was happening. But it was really weird, and sure felt like more was going on than dumb luck.

• Coopdog, SteampunkScientist and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#11 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,166 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:37 PM

Seems like this guys "user" in the matrix game played a "cheat code" if you will and backed him up to a previous save point.

Very strange - but stranger still (and I dont know if any of you experienced this) was a weird feeling of knowing exactly what he/she meant without being able to actually express it...

I know what I am going to meditate on before my next heroic mushie dose!

• TVCasualty and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#12 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,075 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:05 PM

Well this has been an interesting thread! You all  have amazing analytical talents. My thoughts on Deja Vu is that there just might be alternate layers of reality, right on top of this one, and that the timing might just be a little off. So suddenly realizing you have lived this before, could mean it just happened in an alternate reality, and you are somehow aware of it. I have always wondered about it because Deja Vu has happened to me many times. Makes you wonder for sure. TVC that was a pretty interesting encounter you had indeed. My wife has related a similar story to me. I will have to ask her and ask her to refresh the details. 

• SteampunkScientist and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#13 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 777 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:41 PM

A couple months back I listened to an interview of Starfire Tor. She claims to have discovered (many years ago) a number of phenomena, including time-shifts and coexisting time-lines. She talked about how people notice things that appear to have changed as a correction to the current timeline. For example, there may be a person announced on the news as having just passed away, but you may think to yourself that that person had already passed away at an earlier point in time, you KNOW that it happened earlier. She says this is a correction in the timeline. Or like if you drive past a specific location and there is no building there, but somehow you know that you’ve seen a building in that very spot before...it had been there in an alternate timeline but then got corrected in the current timeline.

I don’t know how much I believe her, I mean I am pretty open to an awful lot but she seems a little too much even for me. And her website looks like it hasn’t had an update since 1995 lol. But I can’t help but find myself interested in these ideas.
  • Coopdog, SteampunkScientist and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#14 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,166 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:52 PM

Well we know modern physics is leaning more and more towards the multi-worlds interpretation of quantum physics.  Evidence also suggests that consciousness appears to be an emergent phenomenon of neurons connected in webs in brains.  Those neurons are made from vast complexes of biological chemicals which in turn are made from atoms which are made from sub-atomic particles, etc. These particles are entangled and have a wave function - this means that if the MWI is correct, our brains are also connected across these multiple worlds.

So who knows? At this point we need more data and much more detailed experiments.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 09 April 2021 - 02:52 PM.

• Coopdog and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#15 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,255 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:14 PM

They coined it the Mandella effect for the same reason you mentioned above EL P.  Apparently a bunch of people thought he had been dead for years and when his death made the news they were confused. One stupid lady even called into the Howard Stern show and said he was a great actor, really awesome in that impact movie, she was sad he was gone  :rolleyes: .

I love the idea of a multiverse but when it comes to the Mandella effect IMHO I think it is a bit of a fake rabbit hole to play with, its a representation of how our memories actually work and the idea that they are concrete is far from the truth. I think the implications of it can scare people so we would rather not acknowledge its truth.  Everyone thinks their memory of certain events are the Bees knees, until they talk to someone else that was there and realize they have conflicting stories. One of my friends even retold a story that happened to me as if it happened to him. It was pretty crazy, he told me the story one day and It was like, uh what the frick are you talking about that was me. He was so sure I was wrong he required a third opinion from another person that was there to convince him. "haha oh man that's crazy, I have been telling that story for years"

Watched a few show's where they try to show that our memories are not what we think they are. The phrase they used that stuck in my head was you have to understand that my questions can pollute your answers. So when I asked you if you remember the berenstain bears or the bernstine bears, it is essentially a loaded question that manipulates your memory, or lack thereof, before you even get to really think about it. They used examples like at the scene of an accident if you used the phrase hey how fast was that speeding car going? They found eye witnesses would increase their perceived rates of vehicular speed. There is a false assumption of quickness asserted there in the question that works it's way into the answer.

I think that mechanism may have something to do with the odd time the police seem to elicit a false confession out of someone after badgering them for hours

Another experiment they did was to prove that you can load someone up with a false memory if it gets worked on. In the study they took 20 or so participants and asked them to recite say 10 random memories from when they were young. Then a week or so later they asked the group to come back and they read the stories back to the participants. The catch being the scientist inserted a totally fake story that they claimed was volunteered by the participants parents via a phone call. At first most of the participants would show some resistance, but when they continued to ask them to try to remember the wheels slowly started to turn. Even by the first day some participants said they thought they could actually remember the story. With more time the majority of the others started to "remember" and even fabricate more complicated details. After coming back on the third or fourth week they could now remember the colours of clothes and other details that never actually existed. 

For the record, the story was that they got lost one day as a little kid in the mall.

One way they try to explain this phenomenon is that your memory is a bit of a creator. You remember a rough outline of a situation for efficiency reasons and then when you remember it your mind fills in the unnecessary information to make it complete scene. Good examples would be stuff like colour of clothing or the exact date it was on, the time of day, ect. There are very few people alive that have access to that level of detail for every single event in their life.

A good visual representation of it was to think of a memory like an ice cube. When stored it is frozen, but when you pull it out and start to work with it the memory becomes soft and malleable like a melting ice cube, and the more you play with it the softer it can get and it starts to change shape

A sad instance of this was a case of rape. During the rape this woman told herself all she could think to do was to remember the guys face, focus on his face and you will never forget it. Flash forward to inside the police station confronted with a line up of suspects and she was not able to make a clear distinction between two men that she had narrowed it down to. Eventually she made a decision and the Judge said it was one of the fasted court cases ever. As time went on she became more confident in her decision, the woman's testimony was so credible the jury had no problems finding him guilty. The decision was all based on this credible eye witness account. I think he was in prison for something crazy like ten or twenty years before he was exonerated on DNA evidence and found innocent. Now they even use this as a reference to try to discredit eye witness accounts

I wish I could find all those videos and post them to further illustrate my point, one could guarantee that my recollection of it all is going to be a little off

• Coopdog, ElPirana and Moonless like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!