• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:15 PM

is it ok to use a shoebox tub to colonize substrate and once fully colonized pull it out of the shoebox and move it to a monotub to support fruiting? My monotub could easily hold 3 fully colonized substrates so that was my plan to move 3 into the monotub and allow to fruit. I also wanted to ask if it would be worth it to case the 3 substrates once i move them into FC?

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,574 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:26 PM

A lot of people don't case when working with cubes but it certainly shouldn't hurt anything. It may just be an unnecessary step.

There is no reason why your plan won't work just fine. You would want to get as many colonized substrates in the tub at the same time as possible. If you only have one in there and the tub is much larger, you will struggle to keep humidity up. 

You may want to look into dubtub setups... Dub tub shoe boxes work well and are self contained. I would typically keep the substrate in the smaller tub and just fruit from the top but you can certainly take it out and fruit in a different FC... There are people who remove them from their tubs for use in a martha setup and others that do not... There are many ways to skin this cat

#3 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:10 PM

ok Im going to try both and Ill report which worked best for me. Thanks for the input

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!