#261 Ringo

Ringo

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 10:46 AM

Yummy, yummy, yummy......:)

Couldn't wait until Thursday. LOL

In those few days, they dried out to about 3 grams. Still half wet.

I chopped them up into tiny pieces. Many instructions say to use a coffee grinder but (for pot) that is the worse thing you can do because it fractures the cellular walls and releases all kinds of undesirables (like chlorophyll). Not sure if that applies to shrooms but in any case, you always loose a ton to the grinder walls. I'm something of a chef so fine chopping isn't a problem.

Then, I soak them in lemon juice. pH 2.4. If I am understanding correctly, this phosphatizes both the psilocybin into psilocin but it also begins the breakdown of the chitin. Our stomachs do not have the enzymes required to breakdown the chitim. This is what causes the stomach load in shrooms.

So, by breaking down the chitim before we take it, the stomach load is greatly reduced. And, with the added benefit of converting the psilocybin which results in a faster onset.... why do it any other way. IMO

After soaking them in the lemon juice for 20 minutes, I add some hot but not boiling water (just a couple ounces) and let it sit for 10 more minutes.

Now, I strain it all into a cup and fill the cup with hot water, a tea bag and a touch of sugar. Morning tea. :)

I will wait about a half hour and then I will make another batch from these same shroom pieces. The only difference this time is that I don't strain it and I drink it, shroom pieces and all.

So, overall I am consuming it all in about an hour. Not sure if spreading it out like this will be better or not. We'll see.

• Sidestreet and Oldpunk like this

#262 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 8,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2021 - 06:35 PM

How'd it go?

#263 Ringo

Ringo

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 10:20 PM

I was very disappointed. Almost nothing at all. Way less than last time. Last time I had a very nice glow for 4 or 5 hours. This time I had some very mild body rushes. Nothing more.

Better luck next time.

#264 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 8,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2021 - 04:18 AM

Was your second trip within a week of the first?  Tripping produces tolerance, so you may want to wait longer between attempts.  Also, it's just a matter of eating enough.  What you had there was the equivalent of about 3/4 gram of cracker dry mushrooms, which is really not enough for an experience beyond what you're describing. 

Hang in there and keep hammering away at it.  Also read, read, read.  It will be worth it in the end.  You're only inexperienced once.  After that you can get rusty but you can't unlearn it!  Then you'll have no problem getting together enough to trip on.

Edited by Sidestreet, 16 June 2021 - 04:21 AM.

• Ringo likes this

#265 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 06:05 AM

Aw man.... Sorry the sampling didn't do anything. Last winter when I finally got a few mushrooms growing I couldn't help myself and ate the first 3 right off the cakes. It didn't really do anything and I had to wait weeks to save up enough dried fruits to do anything.
I think you learned a lot about the process and I hope the next try really blooms for ya.
  • Ringo likes this

#266 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 07:14 AM

Ringo- Sorry to hear about your lackluster trip... Its a learning lesson! I tossed my first 10 projects lol and just yesterday I had to break up all my cakes because I couldn't get them out of the mason jar (made a mistake and didn't buy wide mouth) I ended up breaking them down to bulk sub. This was my first time trying to do this so hopefully it will work. Sidestreet had a good point, the more you read and learn the more successful grows you will encounter. I wish you the best of luck my friend, keep shining!!

• Ringo likes this

#267 Ringo

Ringo

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 09:10 PM

I think it was more than a week between doses. Funny thing, last night I did 600 mg of THC before the gig like I always do, After I arrived and set up I was out back smoking a joint with some of the patrons and I suddenly noticed that I was pretty fucking high. Certainly not tripping but definitely more high than I usually am on that dose. Maybe the shrooms from the day before gave a little boost to the THC. Not sure if it works like that. Either way, it was a nice surprise.

Well..... never give up. Never surrender. LOL Love that movie. I am pressure cooking 15 new jars. 12 are regular BRF cakes in jars. One jar is Uncle Ben's brown rice. I filled it to leave about a 1/2" gap between the rice and the lid. I hope that was right. Looking back, I'm not sure why I didn't just fill it to the top like the BRF cake jars. Duh. Another jar has a mix of brown rice flower and brown rice. I rolled the rice in the flour before filling the jar. The 3rd odd jar is just distilled water. I also have an extra bag of Uncle Bens, unopened.

The three odd jars are the lids I made with a silicone injection port and a PTFE filter built in. I plan to 'noc the 12 jars as normal except instead of injecting into all 4 holes, I may only use 2. I only have 1 syringe and I am trying to stretch it.

After the BRF jars, I hope to have a tiny bit left to noc the 2 rice jars and maybe 1 or 2 spots on the plastic bag. Then, I am going to stick the "empty" syringe (there always seems to be some stuff left in the syringe after using it up) and draw some of the water into the syringe, shake it up and squirt it back into the jar. Not sure if they will grow like that or not. Damn, I should have put some syrup in it. No food, they probably won't live. Shoot. Oh well, nothing to loose. I may try it.

Anyway, I will 'noc these and hope I get some nice mycellium growth to try again.

I may take the cakes I have fruiting with green mold and wash them, dunk them and try again. I will have 3 or 4 weeks to experiment with these old cakes while I wait for the new ones.

Ever forward.

Thanks again for all the help, gang.

Ringo.

Edited by Ringo, 17 June 2021 - 09:14 PM.

#268 Ringo

Ringo

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 01:34 PM

June 18th. 'noc'd new batch. Just a reminder so I remember when I did it. I would write it down on a piece of paper but I would loose the paper. LOL

When I took the syringe out of the fridge, it was pretty dark. I think that's a good sign. Would seem the spores matured and maybe bred while they were in the syringe? Anyway, like I said, at the end of the syringe was some black sludge-like stuff. Same with every syringe I have had (all 3 LOL). I drew the sterile water into the syringe and it looked just like the original syringe. I put the entire syringe in 7 places in the bag of rice. Then I put Johnson and Johnson CLOTH TAPE over the entire strip where I made the 7 injections. I had 2 kinds of JandJ tape. One said waterproof and the other said cloth. I guessed at the cloth being the right one.

So, I still have about 6 ounces of the water left. Somehow I don't think it will last long without food so I am thinking of just spreading out out among 5 or 6 bags of rice. Sure seems like an easy way to do things. I didn't sterilize the rice or anything. I wiped the bag down real well with ISO91 as I do with about everything and just flame cleaned the needle and did 7 injections. Taped it over and put it in the tote. Why do we do all the jar stuff? LOL

We'll see what happens. So far getting clean mycellium has not been my problem. It's fruiting that I missed on. Better luck this time.

Could not have taken the first step without the help and guidance you folks gave me right here. Thanks to all.

Edited by Ringo, 18 June 2021 - 03:01 PM.

#269 Ringo

Ringo

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 03:00 PM

Hey gang, I was putting all my stuff away and I had a question....... do you think that spore water I made in the post above this one is actually viable with spores?

I have a ton of flour, jars, rice, rye, etc that I might as well use up (since I am moving soon). Would it be a waste of time to use that water for inoculation? I figure I should ask before I put everything away. LOL

Thanks again so much, guys.

#270 Ringo

Ringo

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 194 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:36 AM

I inoculated about 30 jars yesterday with that spore water I made. We'll see.

I was thinking about putting coffee filters over the holes in my fruiting chambers in the future to minimized contaminants. Is there a consensus about whether coffee filters work for that?

#271 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 529 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:17 PM

I'm not sure on the coffee filters. It ought to do something though. Seems like everyone here uses poly fill. I'm still running with no holes in my chamber. It just worked best that way for me. When I had holes nothing would grow. Maybe all the sawdust in the shop sucked the humidity out of the air?

I don't quite follow your spore water question. If you mix a syringe with water it will dilute it. It's still viable spores, just diluted so your going to have less spots start colonizing....right? Theoretically it should still work but a bit slower. Here's hoping it works though. Good grow vibes to ya.
  • Ringo likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!