• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

#381 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 07:42 AM

As my good friends Ren and Stimpy would say.....Happy happy joy joy.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Hey, it's OK to eat that white stuff at the base of the mushrooms, isn't it? I would hate to have to cut that off. Lots of weight down there.

Edited by Ringo, 27 July 2021 - 07:45 AM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER, YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#382 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:29 AM

Hell yea eat it all brother!!

• Ringo likes this

#383 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 656 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2021 - 10:20 PM

Sweet!
Finally got a lil bit grown out. That should get a little trip going. Those look like they grew well too.

Enjoy Ringo.
  • Ringo likes this

#384 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:56 AM

Harvested another 17 grams today. One shroom was over 10 grams. Plus, stuff is pinning and fruiting in all the jars. Nothing in the shoe boxes yet.

Happy Happy Joy Joy LOL

#385 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:31 AM

OK, I guess I finally need to look at drying and storing some of these.

I am currently drying them in between two pieces of tissue, out of the sun and sitting on my desk. Since I have so little fruit, that should be OK for now. I rotate and turn them while drying.

I do have a dehydrator if I get enough fruit, I'll bring that out.

After drying, wrap them in paper towel, put in an open baggie and store in fridge for up to 2 weeks? I believe I remember reading it that way.  I'll be gone soon after that so I won't need longer storage. If I get more fruit than I can consume, I'll probably cracker dry and put in capsules. I do all my cannabis edibles in the form of caps so it's easy peasy for me. If I get a whole lot of fruit, I'll try honey or some of the other teks.

Simple jars with desiccant looks pretty easy also. I suppose Amazon has desiccant packs.

Can't say thanks enough to all of you that helped me through all this. Looks like a weekend trip coming up.

Edited by Ringo, 28 July 2021 - 11:32 AM.

#386 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:20 PM

Desiccant packs you can get off Amazon cheap and they work. I took some quart size mason jars filled them and put a desiccant pack in with them.... 2 months or close to that and they are still good. Ill see if I can find my picture of them.

#387 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:21 PM

post-169656-0-58080900-1626206445_thumb. I have 6 of these now not sure the weight but its enough for me to have a good time for a while lol

#388 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 02:31 PM

What size packs are those? Looks like they come in 5 gram and 25 gram and other sizes.

Thanks

#389 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 656 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2021 - 03:12 PM

2 weeks in the fridge might be pushing your luck. Sounds like you will probably have more coming so maybe get that dehydrator ready. It would really be a bummer if you waited this long and then had a sickly trip cuz they sat in the fridge too long.

I tried making a mushroom beverage and it sat in the fridge for too long....i spent an evening vomiting while tripping. Not a pleasant combination. Better off drying them if you not eating them soon.
  • Ringo likes this

#390 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 03:33 PM

OK, the dehydrator comes out tomorrow. Gig tonight so tomorrow should be OK, I hope.

Is drying them between tissue like I am doing at room temperature a BAD thing? I assume the dehydrator is better but for the few days these are going to sit out, I am not fucking anything up am I?

Thanks

#391 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,880 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2021 - 03:36 PM

Yeah around two weeks in the fridge if they are for the Fresh one's sir. I recently just did it myself. No slime on them last time I checked

Some say the sunlight will degrade them, so if not using a dehydrator I would recommend using a fan inside. I have gotten away with using my kitchen ceiling fan before but it took around two or three days. I have a couple of tiny desk fans that I use to dry them with and they work perfect.

Once they are dried you can keep those babies in a jar or whatever container you have and stick them wherever you please haha

I tried making a mushroom beverage and it sat in the fridge for too long....

Yeah processed mushrooms do not last very long in drink format. Especially in a shake or soup, think if you made a shake out of raspberries or whatever, it too would not stay fresh very long

Simple jars with desiccant looks pretty easy also. I suppose Amazon has desiccant packs.

I don't bother with the desiccant its dry enough here, some guys say where they live the mushrooms will reabsorb moisture from the air. As far as using dessicant to dry fresh mushrooms out that is a bogus technique

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 28 July 2021 - 03:42 PM.

• Ringo likes this

#392 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 656 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2021 - 03:47 PM

After trip puking im just paranoid of repeating it. Ringo, im sure they probably be fine. If your drying them room temp they just take longer. Couple days in front of a fan. With the tissue all I can say is it may stick when they're dry. My first few dried in front of a fan and the paper towel stuck on real good. I had Brawny textured golden teachers for my first homegrown trip.

It was still awesome though.
  • FLASHINGROOSTER and Ringo like this

#393 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 07:57 AM

Wow, harvested another 23 grams this morning. Once these babies start to give, they become very generous. LOL

The jars are pinning like crazy. Nothing yet from the shoe boxes.

EDIT: Planning to buy these. No problem?

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,245&sr=1-4

Edited by Ringo, 29 July 2021 - 08:10 AM.

#394 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 656 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:19 AM

Happy to see you finally getting some harvested. Isn't it cool after all that waiting? My first round didn't work too good either and it was months before I got to sample them. But from here forward at least you found something that works for ya. The shoeboxes might take a couple tries, but I'm sure you will figure that out too.

Will be interested to hear how your trial trip goes now that you've got enough. My first couple trips I would stop and randomly remember that I grew it myself....which made it better.
  • Ringo likes this

#395 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,880 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:45 PM

I say go for the 5 gram + dried dose, or 50 gram fresh equivalent. Personally once I start getting into the 10+ range I tend to wake up on the floor wondering wtf just happened. I think that is too high for me and have had better success in the 5-8 gram range

One tends to remember those high dose trips, good or bad. They usually always end up spectacular once they wear off, I think the afterglow might be my favorite part

#396 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 07:51 PM

I'd say 4-5g fresh and 5 dried. Don't under estimate the magic in fresh. 

#397 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 10:15 AM

Only 10 grams in today's harvest. If one of my shoe boxes would take off like this jar, I would have enough to run a few experiments before I have to leave. :)

Doctor appt today but if I get home early, I may dose today. :)

So far, it seems my best results are just setting the BRF cake in a bed of coir and putting it all in a shoe box with 2 each 1" diameter holes in the lids with cloth tape over the holes. I have 3 jars that are fruiting invitro but I can't see getting much yield inside the jar so I am going to birth them and set them in beds of coir, each in their own shoe box with vented lid.

The first harvest, which was 23 grams, wet, is now less than 3 grams. So, I am thinking it's pretty dry. I didn't use a fan. I just set them on tissue with a tissue over top and let them dry. I did rotate them occasionally. It is definitely not cracker dry. I have desiccant arriving today so I may see if a jar and desiccant pack take it to cracker dry.

#398 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 284 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:00 AM

Just use a small 6" Clip on Fan with an old Office box lid of some sort you have laying around.  Rotate fruits once(get a lil' sticky early on) but works like a charm.  Dehydrator is the best way(which I do now), but I've ran plenty of fruits with a simple fan and box lid or modified box(make it like a lid).  Everyone has a box laying around these days... I'm sure you do to. 

MushL

#399 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 08:38 AM

I took that 23 gram, 1st harvest in the pic above. Did lemon tek. Drank it about an hour ago and definitely off. Little nausea but I always have a little nausea. LOL

Shrooms seem to make me less active than I usually am. I feel tired. Maybe that's what normies call relaxed. It sux. LOL Small wonder they always put speed with psychedelics.

Hoping for some visuals. Having nice body effects right now.

Thanks to all.

• YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#400 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:58 AM

Is it always such a ........... non-energetic, experience. LOL

This is the second time I had trouble staying awake. I sat on the deck and dozed in and out the first couple hours.

I remember tripping as being very high energy. Perhaps 50 years older makes a difference. LOL

I have 30 grams all dry and ready to go for one day this week. Probably Thursday or Friday.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!