FunnyFarmer Keep me posted!!!!!

#22 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:42 AM

FunnyFarmer Keep me posted!!!!!

Keep following this thread! I'm just waiting on a qt jar of F+ to finish colonizing. It's the slowest to colonize of all the projects I've done. Then onto the sub...

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 23 April 2021 - 06:43 AM.

• MaharishiTohotoho likes this

#23 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:47 AM

Last night I started soaking a couple qts of rye for upcoming projects with the intention of either fridging or freezing for long term storage (after full colonization) until I'm ready for G2G transfer. I got enough for 6 pt jars and waiting on my nephew to finish with his so we can do an all in one PC session. I've got some spore syringes from last summer that need to be used before they go bad. I did an inspection of them and so far they don't look comtamed. I had one get contamed last year (KSSS) and it was obvious, there was a loose jelly like formation in it.

I got to thinking about the two covering methods and I might combine both in one tub, half cheese cloth, half plastic canvas and see how each behaves. Both from a micro climate and harvesting aspect. Micro climate will probably go to the cloth and harvest to the canvas. Interesting times ahead if I can control the ongoing trich problem. I think as long as I spawn outside the house and saran wrap the lid down it should be OK.

• bezevo and MaharishiTohotoho like this

#24 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 11:32 PM

I put together 6 pints total consisting of Tidal Wave, Mazatapec, Penis Envy, Treasure Coast, Ban Phang Ka and KSSS. Except for the Tidal Wave they were all older syringes that I want to get prints from. After they get fully colonized all but the TW will go into cold storage for future G2G projects. The TW started as a print, my first, and the syringe didn't look like anything was in there but went ahead anyway with the inoculation.

My nephew didn't fare so well, he's not as experienced and ended up overcooking the rye even though I had explained the process. The rye was a total loss. Lesson learned and applied to a new batch that will be dealt with tomorrow.

The F+ is slowly colonizing, at this rate it will be over 2 months since nocking it. So far it's been a clean colonization just really slow. So much for being an aggressive colonizer. Old spores...

#25 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 02:03 PM

I'm still waiting on the qt of F+ to finish colonizing. In the meantime I've got activity on TC, PE6 and TW but nothing yet on the other 3. I am making some activity of my own, 2G of Argentina with combination of lemon and ginger TEK. I want to compare it to the 2G of PB I did a couple weeks ago, see if it was the prep or the shrooms that made it so awesome...

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 29 April 2021 - 02:26 PM.

#26 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 975 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:50 PM

What do you get out of a 2G experience? That is just such a low dose for me, even uncomfortable if you will. 

Edited by rockyfungus, 29 April 2021 - 06:51 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#27 tinman3913

tinman3913

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:33 PM

I 2nd that shit Rocky! Now I'm by no means some well traveled psyconaut, my species repertoire is limited only to cubes and only a handful of different genetics.. I say this because I may feel different with another strain. But as it sits now 2g just kinda gives me the hebe-gebes.

#28 tinman3913

tinman3913

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:35 PM

And please don't take me the wrong way, I'm not knocking or talking shit or looking down on anybody who can take 2G's and that be enough, I'm envious of anything!
  • rockyfungus likes this

#29 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 975 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 02:09 AM

Just wanted to echo tinman. If you're super sensitive good to know too. I usually dose newbies higher then that even with no psychdellic experience. 

Nothing worse then being stuck in between worlds tends to lead to more stress then just being thrown into the cosmic waters.

#30 tinman3913

tinman3913

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 08:23 AM

If anything**

#31 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 08:24 AM

The Argentina trip went fine except for negative vibes towards the end, didn't get that with the PB. Except for the recent PB trip my previous trips were all done by mixing the powder with yogurt to mitigate the stomachache and after trip diarrhea. But it did seem to give a heavy dark tone to my psyche that ruined the trip, no such problem with these last two trips. I wanted to keep the same size dose so I could do an accurate comparison of the two varieties. The lemon TEK did significantly increase the potency of them. My previous high dose was 3.5g and the lemon TEK brought the 2G doses pretty close to that one. I'm not sure but I think the body load was much more intense with the the lemon than the yogurt. So much so that I had to go lie down for an hour. Makes me wonder what 3.5 would do to me with the lemon. An amorphous puddle on the bed? I need to find a way to mitigate the stomach upset without doing the lemon TEK body load intensity. I do like the mental trip aspect though. Comments please?!
Usually I like to space my trips a month apart but these last two were only two weeks apart and that may have influenced how this trip went. Too many variables...
I found out that you can eat about 20 minutes after doing the lemon TEK dose and it won't affect the trip. Don't know if eating after doing un-teked shrooms would make a difference but I think it would.
I have the setting down but having trouble with the set aspect, can't seem to focus my mind on what I want out of the trip. Another problem, during my real first trip the closed eye visuals were vivid but since then they are faint and as the trip progesses my body will jerk and the visuals will have to build all over again.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 30 April 2021 - 08:31 AM.

#32 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 10:34 PM

It's going on 2.5 months since nocking the rye with F+, At the rate it's going it could take another month to fully colonize, it's currently at roughly 90%. I know usual method says to wait for full colonization before spawning but this is getting ridiculous. I've got 2 - 3/4 pint jars fully colonized, I'm not happy using such a small amount of rye for a pathetically small tub but might go ahead. I guess I could use one of the pints for a G2G inoculation. Have to think on that one.

The good news is the PE6 and TC are colonizing nicely, the Ban Phang Ka is a little slower. The Mazatapec and the KSSS were showing no signs of activity so put a little more spore juice in each.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 02 May 2021 - 10:37 PM.

#33 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:49 PM

I went ahead and did a G2G transfer of one of the F+ pints to 2 qts of rye, a first for me. Now I get to see how well the SAB works.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 03 May 2021 - 08:50 PM.

#34 PaceArrow

PaceArrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:46 PM

I'm doing the Cheesecloth Tek right now! 6 days ago I mixed my colonized Uncle Ben's Ready Rice bags with pasteurized coir and placed it in 12 qt tubs. I evened the surface out with a spatula and covered it with two layers of cheesecloth from the local health food store. I took a butter knife and pushed the edges of the cloth down into the substrate all along the edges, then misted till the cloth was damp and the surface was covered in micro droplets but not so much that water pooled on the surface. I have had the tubs in a closet that is kept at 77 degrees. 

The surface is now well-colonized and a gazillion knots are forming on the surface. Here is an image from earlier today:

IMG_1652.jpeg

Here is a photo of one side of the tub showing the cloth pushed down into the substrate. Very uneven but hopefully it will still prevent most side-pinning:

IMG_1653.jpeg

I'm going to give it at least a few more days before intro of fruiting conditions. This is my first bulk substrate grow and I am quite excited. My previous growing experience was 17 years ago, using the venerable PF Tek. My yields were not abundant but were enough for some beautiful inner journeys. 

• Moonless likes this

#35 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:19 AM

Looks like you're getting good progress there and looks promising. I tried the PF TEK once but the results were disappointing so abandoned it as not being productive enough. Not sure pushing down the side will prevent side pinning but worth a try. After all the shrooms will grow right the c cloth. It could actually encourage side pinning, keep us posted

#36 PaceArrow

PaceArrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:34 PM

Looks like you're getting good progress there and looks promising. I tried the PF TEK once but the results were disappointing so abandoned it as not being productive enough. Not sure pushing down the side will prevent side pinning but worth a try. After all the shrooms will grow right the c cloth. It could actually encourage side pinning, keep us posted

The person on reddit who has popularized the Cheesecloth Tek remarked on how pushing the cloth down the sides prevents side pins, but we'll see! 

Edited by PaceArrow, 04 May 2021 - 01:34 PM.

• FunnyFarmer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!