23 replies to this topic

#1 Ovoidhunter

Ovoidhunter

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:26 AM

I have anxiety.

Edited by Ovoidhunter, 15 April 2021 - 12:35 AM.

• Coopdog, Guy1298, Juthro and 2 others like this

#2 UnHeisenbug

UnHeisenbug

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:36 PM

I have anxiety.

Me too, mate, me too
  • Coopdog, Juthro and SteampunkScientist like this

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,949 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:41 PM

Your not alone my friend.................

• Coopdog, Juthro and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,643 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:24 PM

I have anxiety.

All is good, brother :)  Come on in, sit down and relax, you are welcome here.   

We might squabble some from time to time, but this group of folks has a lot more love, and compassion then any other group I've encountered in my lifetime.  

Welcome to the 'topia friend :)

• Coopdog, Arathu, SteampunkScientist and 2 others like this

#5 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 305 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 03:29 PM

Anxiety sux. I am also a member of that club.

But, like the others said..... you are not alone. Albeit, that knowledge doesn't ease my anxiety, why should it yours. LMAO.

Anyway, Shrooms are supposed to be very good for anxiety. That's (one reason) why I am here.

Good luck beating the demon and welcome.

EDIT: And, like Juthro said, this forum is incredible in peace. Most every forum, even the pot forums, are filled with hate and arguments. I see none of that here. Personally, I love it, here.

Edited by Ringo, 23 April 2021 - 03:34 PM.

• Sidestreet, Arathu, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#6 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2021 - 06:15 PM

Count me in, it's always been a part of my life. I have noticed a big uptick in it in regards to social situations lately. Been out of work recovering from surgery for the last 3-4 months and mostly been stuck at home due to this COVID madness. Now I notice days when I have to go out start out with fairly bad anxiety before I even open my eyes in the morning. I also figure this is becoming much more the norm, and that I am not the only one. I feel really bad for schoolkids that have been stuck at home as I have been and their return to school. What a mess...

• UnHeisenbug likes this

#7 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2021 - 09:04 PM

Im in this boat too.

It ain't easy. Specially these days.
  • Juthro and UnHeisenbug like this

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,736 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2021 - 09:42 AM

Me too. Anxious all the time.

While not the best way to deal with it.........I find myself drinking every day. Day after day. For months now. This after not drinking anything for years. I guess I'm making up for lost time. ;)

I dread going to the grocery store and only shop when the cupboard is bare (roughly every 3-4 weeks). Screwing up my courage to go shopping today and face the zombie apocalypse.

Hanging out here @Mycotopia with all of you folks has made things significantly easier.

Wish me luck as I venture out today.

• Skywatcher, Juthro, bezevo and 2 others like this

#9 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 06:22 PM

Me too. Anxious all the time.

While not the best way to deal with it.........I find myself drinking every day. Day after day. For months now. This after not drinking anything for years. I guess I'm making up for lost time. ;)

I dread going to the grocery store and only shop when the cupboard is bare (roughly every 3-4 weeks). Screwing up my courage to go shopping today and face the zombie apocalypse.

Hanging out here @Mycotopia with all of you folks has made things significantly easier.

Wish me luck as I venture out today.

Best of luck hope your ventures are safe and productive.

Damn I feel this but substitute pot for drinking, which I know gives me rebound anxiety. I stopped smoking for about 1/2 a year which was huge and then the pandemic screwed up that progress.

I don't eat most of the time as I get horrible anxiety in grocery stores. My anxiety also likes to cause IBS so can't eat when your afraid it'll come right back out. At least the IBS prevents me from eating fast food. 

#10 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2021 - 07:18 PM

Hope the venture is bearable Myc. And damn rocky...i gotta say I like food. The grocery is one of the places I dread too, but sometimes if I get high and just sing ska songs to myself it's not so bad. These last couple years it's definitely been worse.
Doctors have tried giving me meds to help with anxiety and depression over the years but they don't agree with me. I've had siezures, muscle spasms, and complete mental breakdown as side affects.
In my 20s I buried it all with alcohol and meth and anything else that would totally destroy any thoughts. But then I became a dad any haven't touched anything I can't keep under control (and preferably grow myself) so it just weed, hash, and now shrooms (which I didn't like much before, since I could get way more messed up on all the chemicals)

I've been taking small doses every 2 days as kinda a homegrown anti depressant. And it's hard to say if it's working. Considering life just keeps kickin my ass.

But it helps some.
And so does this site.
Helps to keep the mind occupied.
Thanks for that. And hope you all can find a little peace.
  • Juthro, FLASHINGROOSTER and UnHeisenbug like this

#11 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,736 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:25 AM

Well, I didn't make it to the store yesterday. Instead, I ate fast food and then started drinking for the day. Did I mention that I work at a brewery? ;)

I also carry a dab rig which fits onto my vape mod. Knowing people in the industry allows me to get concentrates on the cheap. I tend to buy 1/2 oz at a time - so I don't have to visit the dispensary. Having a med-card allows me to grow my own so I also tend to have a lot of flower around too. I live in a state where recreational cannabis is legal - but I'm licensed also.

I'm hoping to take another run at it today since I'll be right around the corner from a store when I finish up the morning's tasks.

Thanks for being here everyone. Have a great day!

• Juthro likes this

#12 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:48 AM

Anxiety is excitement's evil twin.

One can be turned into the other: https://www.theatlan...nto-excitement/

https://www.jotform....naging-anxiety/

https://www.psycholo...iety-excitement

It actually does work, but sometimes it's hard to remember to actually do it (it takes conscious effort to shift from an anxious thought like "Oh shit, I have to give a speech to 1000 people" to an excited thought "Hell yeah! I get to give a speech to 1000 people!" and make it stick until the speech is over, and in making that effort we can also forget that we're anxious).

It's also harder to do for more vague, general anxiety like existential dread or terror (existence is fucking terrifying, and non-existence is fucking terrifying too so we're kind of stuck in a tight squeeze here). I guess we can try to be excited to find out what happens after we die if we're anxious about our mortality.

It's kind of weird that we have to come up with mental tricks to fool ourselves with so that we don't depress or freak ourselves out, but then life is kind of weird in general. Still, it's MY mind (right? RIGHT??) so why can't I just change it into whatever state I want it to be in just by intending it? With tricks like the above I sort of can, but not really since it's still a trick that exploits an incidental quirk of psychology.

Also, I've found that if I start overthinking the hell out of thinking I quickly forget what I was thinking about that made me start thinking about thinking. So there may be some value to overthinking stuff, but don't overthink it.

• UnHeisenbug and Oldpunk like this

#13 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 10:55 AM

I couldn't even get to the gym today. I call them TRIFECTA days. When the pain, the depression and the nausea are all at level 10. Won't be able to eat today. Or, anything else.

At almost 70 years old, I am so fucking done with this shit. Death will be so much better than this. I understand why they call it resting in peace. Wow, I can't wait. Unfortunately, I am too much a coward to do it myself so I only hope nature takes me soon. Anything good in my life is passed. Nothing ahead put pain and suffering. Who the fuck would want that. I want to be young again. Why is the last chapter the worse? It shouldn't be like this. My entire life sucked but I was young and had the strength to fight back. I'm tired. Old and tired. The last chapter should have a happy ending. Fucking Shakespeare wrote my life. It just shouldn't be like this. It's wrong. So wrong.

It's probably a dream but I am hoping the shrooms do something to make it different.

Hydroxy-11 THC helps but I need huge doses. 400mg to 600 mg. Delta-9 THC does nothing for me. Not even get me high. I go through about a pound every two months and it''s just like smoking cigarettes to me. I make caps from rosin and coconut oil. I can fit about 200 to 300 mg per cap depending on the mix. I hate taking pills. I don't take a single prescription drug. Maybe I should.

Well, thanks for listening.

Peace.

Edited by Ringo, 27 April 2021 - 10:57 AM.

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 11:18 AM

It's probably a dream but I am hoping the shrooms do something to make it different.

Have you ever had a psychedelic experience? That comment makes me think probably not.

If that's the case then I have some really good news.

Mushrooms will in fact make it different. Among other mindblowing tryptamines (or mescaline if you can get some cacti; highly recommended).

You've come to the right place. So... where are you at on your (first?) grow?

• Myc and bezevo like this

#15 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 11:52 AM

Dang Ringo.....

I feel for you. Stay excited about this new hobby you've started. Not only does it give you something to do. The actual trip part can help you reorganize your thoughts a bit and hopefully leave you feeling like it ain't so bad.

Honestly I'm enjoying growing them as much as eating them. Hope your day improves.

#16 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 11:55 AM

@TVCasualty I was a drug dealer in the 60's and 70's so I had about a zillion trips. One year, I bought 5000 hits of some purple shit (we called it purple haze). And, 5000 hits of Orange Barrel from a perfect stranger at Ohio University for 5 cents each. LOL What a fucking Summer. I remember selling packs of 10 for $5. I lost my car that Summer and didn't find it for months. LOL At one point, I remember spending days looking for my shoes. After a while tolerance kicks in and I was doing 4 and 5 hits at a time when everyone else was splitting a single hit. I tripped every day for months. Looking back, it seems like nothing. My life has been one long effort to self medicate.

Mr. Natural was always a fav. It was supposed to be real LSD-25 but who the fuck knows what we were buying back then.

So, yeah, I have tripped. And I did it just like I drank (a fifth at a time) and how I smoke pot (chain smoker). I have read remarkable stories of how shrooms have helped with some of my issues. Do I expect them to work for me? Not for 1 second. SSRIs didn't. Zanax and anti-anxiety pills don't work. Alcohol was close but no cigar. Pot does almost nothing although Hydroxy-11 in large dose does help some. I just took 600 mg.

Still, I believe in God and there is always hope. So, I watch my mycelium and I wait.

Oh, and 2 things. Thanks for the encouraging words. Let's hope you are right. And..... what does your name mean? 

@OldPunk. Thanks. It's a beautiful day (I really trigger off weather) and I just took some THC so let's hope it gets better. As for growing... growing pot has been one of the most therapeutic things in my life I use my plants as my focus when I meditate. Just thinking about them makes me feel better. It's what I think about every night to get to sleep. Been excited recent mornings to get up and see new mycelium growth. So, you are absolutely right about that.

Edited by Ringo, 27 April 2021 - 12:01 PM.

• TVCasualty and Juthro like this

#17 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 953 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:04 PM

Maybe there are a very few people out there in the world, who when they encounter difficult situations as they grow up, go down a healthy path to deal with those difficulties. Maybe. Then there’s the rest of us. Who the hell knows why I couldn’t deal with things as a kid, why my mind created such weird ways to cope. In the end, it caused more pain and more suffering, it all built up.

The only thing I’ve found that helped me has been to finally stop believing in my self-created stories, my beliefs of who I am. Those beliefs kept this mind working in very unhealthy ways and affected everyone around me, not just myself. Once I saw through it, saw who I really am, the real changes began. I didn’t have to do anything to make the changes, they happen on their own. The problems lose their power, there isn’t anyone for them to hold onto.

What I am is what I have always been. It’s what you have always been too. But don’t take my word for it, it’s always there for anyone to find out for themselves.
  • Guy1298, Juthro and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#18 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:15 PM

I did a seven gram tea dose on Friday, my legs were shaking and eyes watering from the strength of it., super blurry vision. After way overthinking a bunch of bullshit I can't control the fun part finally started to kick in. Woke up refreshed and feeling less depressed about the negative things in my life. Then Sunday I did some DMT and I gotta say that double dose seemed to eradicate most of the bad feelings I was having coming into the weekend. Work has been a roller coaster this last year and I can't seem to land on solid ground. After the dosage I seem to be more able to just say fuck it, cross that bridge when I get there, no sense worrying about a future I can't control. It is not like I had any prophetic realizations, can't say why but I emerged feeling less discontent about life this week

This site has been a great distraction for me too and I appreciate all ya'll, no matter how big or small your presence may be

Ringo I try to refrain from psycho analyzing your life over the internet because I really have no clue who you are as a person, and my guess is your probably not looking for me to do so anyway. All I can do is post a talk that made me wonder about my own life, there is a small chance it might do same for you. Granted as a daily stoner I have not done what I need to with this information yet, but I suppose it helps me to think there is a way break free. And perhaps all along I have been thinking about the situation backwards.

[Direct Link]

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 27 April 2021 - 02:29 PM.

• ElPirana and Ringo like this

#19 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 03:55 PM

@TVCasualty I was a drug dealer in the 60's and 70's so I had about a zillion trips. One year, I bought 5000 hits of some purple shit (we called it purple haze). And, 5000 hits of Orange Barrel from a perfect stranger at Ohio University for 5 cents each. LOL What a fucking Summer. I remember selling packs of 10 for $5.

Got any left?

I guess I should ask if you've ever tripped on mushrooms specifically. So, have you tripped on mushrooms?

FWIW, I've done more hits of acid than I can remember (probably a lot fewer than you have, but more than most people). But it's been many years since I took any. It's only been a couple of weeks since my last modest fungi dose and ~6 months since my last large dose. I'll keep using them as long as I live since IMO they're one of the things that makes living worth the hassle). Mushrooms do things for us that acid doesn't. Or at least that acid never did for me and those I know who had a similar psychedelic background.

Also, vaping some DMT can blow every other kind of psychedelic experience you've ever had away as far as depth and intensity go. It's not just the craziest 15 minutes of your life, it's the craziest 15 minutes that are possible in life, and maybe beyond.

If none of that works then try a traditional Vision Quest. They can be as intense and transformative as any psychedelic. Four days and four nights sitting in some bushes with nothing but some water and a blanket. That's pretty much all there is to it, though there are some additional safety considerations to be aware of.

• bezevo, FLASHINGROOSTER and Ringo like this

#20 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,096 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 04:27 PM

Mushrooms have done me right... 

But, they've been a challenge for sure.

Also, I totally agree with ElPirana's post.

Edited by Guy1298, 27 April 2021 - 04:28 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!