• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 305 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:08 AM

@TVCasualty. I don't recall ever being a shroom freak. We would occasionally get some brown powder in a capsule that we were told was shrooms. But, who knows what we were taking on those days. LOL I don't recall whole shrooms ever but let us not forget that that was a HALF A CENTURY ago. LOL Hard to believe it's been a half a fucking century since I have done psychedelics . LOL

I expect any trip that I take now will be considerably different than back then. Plus, I am not looking to space out. Really just hoping that it does something for this horrible bi-polar disorder.

Thanks again to TV and all here for the support.

Peace.

• TVCasualty, Guy1298, bezevo and 2 others like this

#22 batty007

batty007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:40 AM

Anxiety is the modern way of life. Turn off the news, unplug the phone, find a spot in your house that makes you happy...steel yourself for when you MUST interact and remember to breathe. Good luck, friend.

#23 batty007

batty007

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 09:32 AM

I follow a certain set of rules when using this medicine for my anxiety. I don't eat for about 6 hrs prior to dosing. Alcohol is a no- go; it robs the medicine of its' efficacy. I've come to the conclusion that the effects that I'm looking for come AFTER the trip has receded and last for weeks (especially with the Thai Koa Samuii strain). I've found that a massive dose once or twice a month keep my worst anxieties at bay. Someone else mentioned the difficulty of grocery shopping. This is one of my bugaboos and I can report feeling a sense of calm when things would usually make me snap. Good luck, and try to keep a journal and find what works for you.

#24 Muontau

Muontau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:09 PM

Anxiety is the modern way of life. Turn off the news, unplug the phone, find a spot in your house that makes you happy...steel yourself for when you MUST interact and remember to breathe. Good luck, friend.

These conversations always bring me to thinking about R.D. Laing, the Scottish psychiatrist

https://en.wikipedia...iki/R._D._Laing

He is famous for his assessment of the families of the heavy drinking Glaswegian dock workers in the 50's. He said, essentially, most psychosis problems are a perfectly acceptable reaction to an utterly abhorrent situation. The poor wives were living a life of poverty, violence, and squalor. All the while having no one to communicate with. A truly horrible situation to be in.

Here, seventy years later in the 'modern' world we are endlessly subjected to carefully crafted advertising and 'directive signage' which endlessly pushes against the boundaries of your conscious and subconscious sphere of influence.

Buy-1-get-1-free, No Entry, Special Offer, Danger High Voltage, Low Fat, Keep Closed, Slow Down, Work Faster, Keep Up, Speak Up, Warning!

So we have every right to feel anxious, because our subconscious is under attack. From endless low-level, short-term concerns which overlap and concatenate to leave very little energy to ponder about things which are worth our concern.

Everyone needs a break from that, just some of us need to make that break permanent or at least increase the cycle time as much as possible.

May there be happy days ahead.

• batty007 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!