rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 11:28 AM

Me neither. Or the space for one.

Some day....

Yep.... someday.

This is really exciting seeing something actually happening! Probably in the next 2 weeks I'll need to move to spawn jars, and in a week or so to transplant slices into new agar.

Edited by rhapsodyclaymore, 10 May 2021 - 11:58 AM.

#42 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 01:38 AM

Blue ones are still taking off still. Red ones are more below the surface of the agar since 50% agar was used. I assume that it doesn't really matter if the myc is visible as white fuzz on the top of the agar or not. Myc is still myc.

No contam signs yet, so far so good!

• Sidestreet likes this

#43 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:28 AM

Small update: blues are going wild still. The red ones, given the more liquidy agar formula, took a while to fuzz through the surface, but 3 of 4 now have fuzzed either a little or a lot. Good sign.

I'll try to take some photos tomorrow to show the progress. I'm excited.

• Sidestreet likes this

#44 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 06:42 AM

Ok, here is the current state. Looking good, i think. I probably need to do some transfers to new agar (for more agar) this weekend, and maybe in another week or two I can move to spawn jars. I ordered some whole oats this week.

Attached Thumbnails

• blue.JPG
  • red.JPG

#45 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:17 AM

I like the small jars... Mine are all that quilted side style. Need to go shopping and try to find some better viewing options.
  • bezevo and rhapsodyclaymore like this

#46 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:50 AM

I like the small jars... Mine are all that quilted side style. Need to go shopping and try to find some better viewing options.

These are 53ml. Used for, I think, as sample jars for small portions of things like honey, or jam or whatever. But you should be able to find some quite easily online. For 28 of these, it was around $17 with tax. 

#47 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 12:43 PM

Growth is still going well. But, I have a question: I'd like to make a few transfers to clean new agar (just a few or so) as I'll need a few more to properly inoc my 12x 250ml jars i have for spawn. Can I leave the agar that I've removed sections from alone and let it continue to take over the agar and use in the spawn jars? Is my growth doing well, fine? Just looking for a little input on this. Happy no contam :)

#48 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 07:07 AM

This one, of the agar cups, looks to be the best one for use to transfer to others. I picked 3 slices from the top of the cup and moved them today to 3 new blue cups.

before-transfer.JPG

After transfer. This was my first time. I got the hang of it better on the 2nd cuts.

after-transfer.JPG

This should hopefully take the best rizo....morphic(?) bits.

#49 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:55 PM

2nd cup is either slime or bacteria, can't tell rest. 

#50 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 04:29 PM

You mean the red ones? The red ones have 50% less agar agar in the mix so they look liquidy on top, but are, and not from slime. That's just how they are.

#51 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 05:13 PM

Wait, no, you meant the 2nd in the recent pic. I can 100% say, that's reflection on the lid from the light nearby. This does not at all reflect what is inside the cup at all. They all look exactly the same inside.

I absolutely have had the worst time trying to get good lighting for my cups. Is there a thread on how to take good pics in good lighting?

#52 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 10:10 PM

Sorry, should of been more specific. Blue set of more recent cups. 

No, put I like to illuminate from top and look from bottom. Takes a bit of getting used to and then if you see something that doesn't look homogenous with rest try and get a better top view. 

PE2.JPG

If you have enough posts, consider moving to the fungi section.

Edited by rockyfungus, 15 May 2021 - 10:11 PM.

#53 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 04:16 AM

Sorry, should of been more specific. Blue set of more recent cups. 

No, put I like to illuminate from top and look from bottom. Takes a bit of getting used to and then if you see something that doesn't look homogenous with rest try and get a better top view. 

If you have enough posts, consider moving to the fungi section.

Gotcha! The problem is the lids are embossed and can cast shadows. I'll check out the fungi section of the forums to see if I can post.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!