I know this isn't the most active forum on the subject, but I figure I'll ask a few questions anywho.
Transferring a 5" rockwool cube to a 10" basket for use in a DWC/bubble system.
- Is there any reason to actually setup the 27gal tote, or can I just top feed the basket until roots start to make their way to where the reservoir would be bubbling the roots? I'd like to avoid wasting electricity, and only start the system when I see roots in the basket.
- Can I use rockwool cubes in the basket, or will that be too wet? Maybe just top off with coco?
- does the bottom of the basket need to have enough holes for all the roots, or does the kind with partial basket drain holes also work, and the roots will be fine working out the side of the basket holes? I can drill some holes if I decide to use my 9" baskets with partial holes on the bottom.
- How often does the bubbler need to bubble? Is there an optimal on/off timer?
- How often does the top feed drip irrigation need to drip. Or should I use sprayers? Will top feeding manually do the same thing without adding another layer of complexity? I've seen youtube tests that suggest top feeding amplifies growth.
- Does the reservoir need to be changed, or can it handle the salts for a whole life-cycle? With a 10 inch pot, I have a feeling this baby is going to be big, and since I plan on scrogging it out, I'm thinking changing out the water would need some early considerations.
- Anyone have any luck with these 6 stack chinese cree cobs "2000 full spectrum watts"? I have real and knockoff brand fake ones. I'm thinking of running the cheaper models for veg, then switching to the expensive ones for flower. I also plan on running 24hrs in veg. I never liked the 18hrs idea.
- Safety/fire hazard concerns. How are folks burning down their houses? Are they bypassing a fuse or something dumb?
-Impossible to find a viable generator during covid. What is a manual solution to the loss of electricity for maybe 8 hrs.