• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 02:24 PM

Anybody know if spore syringes can be run through the pressure cooker?
Last time I just pulled a few cc's of alcohol and then rinsed with clean purified water.... Wondering if it's better to pc them.

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,146 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2021 - 02:53 PM

Sure, works fine. I've PC'd some syringes more times than I remember. I like to wrap them in foil first so that they stay clean if I don't use them for a while.

I sometimes set a few on top of my jars or bags when PC'ing grain for spawn, but for just empty syringes they don't need to be cooked at 15 psi. Even 5 psi for ~30 min seems plenty (I've never had a problem I could trace back to reused syringes).

• sandman, Sidestreet, PJammer24 and 1 other like this

#3 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,085 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2021 - 03:26 PM

Yep only need 10 minutes @ whatever psi. They can take up to 20 psi. 

• Sidestreet and bezevo like this

#4 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 03:57 PM

Cool. Thanks.
I was thinking of putting 3 of them in a pint jar covered with foil while I ran some grain jars. Just wanted to make sure they wouldn't melt. I'm gonna use them to noc up said grain jars with some LC
  • Sidestreet likes this

#5 SelfTransformingMachineElf

SelfTransformingMachineElf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 06:42 PM

I did this just today, actually.  I like to individually wrap mine (perhaps overkill).  Then I put them in a quart jar, cap THAT, and PC.  I've always done 30 minutes at 15 psi.  Overkill again, probably.  But they can take it.  Sometimes I've thrown them in with LC.

#6 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 09:05 PM

I did 4 in a jar. I didn't wrap them but I planned to use them all at once so I just opened the jar inside the glove box.

Think next time I'm gonna wrap them though so I can use one at a time. Makes sense to keep em clean.
  • Mycol likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!