• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:25 AM

Anyone ever order North Spore 3lb grain bag with injection port? I will be receiving mine today and I was curious as to how quickly these bags tend to colonize. I understand there is probably no one correct answer being that different strains colonize at diff speeds and that temps effect growth. I guess I should ask I have two syringes with spores at home, B+ and goldens between those two which should I inoculate with? I am going to Oak Island North Carolina at the end of May and was really hoping to enjoy some mushies while on the beach. I think the beach provides a tranquil yet powerful connection to life and I want to harness that during my adventure. Any ideas as to how I can go from inoculation to finished product in just under a month? Is that even possible? I really want to have something for my time there!! I do have 8 jars colonizing and 4 shoebox tubs 5 days into colonizing hopefully those will work out also. Thanks for any advice  

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 869 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:54 PM

You'll probably get a first flush from the shoeboxes you have colonizing, but you're not going to get from inoculation to finished product in a month from spore.

#3 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,893 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2021 - 09:53 AM

A 3lb bag of grain is about 1.5-1.75 quarts, depending on the moisture content. Starting from spore should take 2-3 weeks, but it really depends on germination times.

On your shoebox tubs, you might pull some fruit before vacation if your temperatures are perfect. How far along are they after 5 days?
  • Sidestreet likes this

#4 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 11:26 AM

KC- I post some pics later today of everything I have going right now. I would say 1 of the 3 tubs is just about colonized the other two aren't far behind. You mentioned the perfect temp, what would that be? Where is a good place to store the 3lb bag? I inoculated the 3lb bag with about 5-6ccs and right now I have it stored on a shelf in my closet prob right around 74-76 degrees F. I have never used a spawn bag before but Im looking forward to the results. Thanks for jumpin on the thread.

#5 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,893 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2021 - 11:32 AM

Perfect temperature is determined by substrate core temperature. Core temps should be 80-82°, much higher than 86° and bacteria will grow. Digital meat thermometers are great for testing core temperature.
  • Sidestreet likes this

#6 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 12:44 PM

Keep waiting for the pics you spoke of. When you asked for my take on them I wanted to tell you I'm totally new at this. and most of these other people's input is probably better than mine.

But I hope it's progressing well.

#7 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 01:31 PM

Been a rough weekend I’ll post some soon sorry friend.
  • kcmoxtractor likes this

#8 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:26 PM

Couldnt figure out how to post my pics so Im going to start a new thread under "my current grow" I hope to get some good feedback

#9 PaceArrow

PaceArrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:14 PM

Couldnt figure out how to post my pics so Im going to start a new thread under "my current grow" I hope to get some good feedback

When you reply to a post click on the "More Reply Options" button in the lower right part of the window. You will see there is a place beneath the text box where is says "Attach Files." Click the "Choose File" button which will open a separate window and navigate to where the file is located on your computer. Choose the image file and then click the "Upload" button in the window, which will then close. Then click the dark button "Attach This File" that is beneath the "Attach Files" button. Then there is yet ONE MORE step. After clicking "Attach This File" you will see a tiny icon of the uploaded image in a small gray window. On the right side of this window click on "Add to Post" and the name of the file will appear in your text box wherever your cursor was. When you post, the image will (theoretically) be there. Hope this helps..

Edited by PaceArrow, 03 May 2021 - 11:52 PM.

• kcmoxtractor likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!