66 replies to this topic

#61 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2021 - 09:04 AM

I think this fact has been very frustrating about the pandemic. We can all get behind the idea that eradicating the virus is the best path towards getting things back to normal. However it seems like the barrage of numbers has been entirely focused on infections, hospitalizations and death count. There was only one group we needed to listen to epidemiologists.

Other numbers of concern were pushed to the wayside. Like unemployment, poverty, drug abuse, violence increase, goods shortages, mental health effects. All things that have potential to decrease public health. Perhaps the one sided comparison is due to the difficulty in assessing these types of numbers versus collecting covid data I don't know. How does one measure the effects on a child's development from this joke that is long distance learning? Not to dismiss the seriousness of the virus but it is important to listen to what other people have to say even if their not one of those fancy scientist.

#62 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,640 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2021 - 08:55 AM

What !!??!!
I know Ivermectin to be used in the cattle industry for the control of parasites of the digestive tract.

I also know - from first-hand accounts - that.........
Cocaine traveling through Mexico for distribution is being cut - at the distribution level - with Ivermectin.
I have A. Friend who runs one of the major emergency departments in my town. They were seeing cases of patients showing up suffering from the symptoms of full-blown AIDS. Their white blood cell counts had collapsed and become near non-existent. Then the patients were dying from a host of illnesses. This was happening to a lot of patients and with no reasonable explanation the medical staff started asking harsh, personal questions. None of them were testing positive for the AIDS antibody.
In doing careful research it was determined that the common factor for all of these sick patients was the fact that they were all regular cocaine users. However, not all of these patients bought their supply from the same (retail) source. Samples of the drugs were collected and tested. It was determined that the "cocaine" was adulterated with Ivermectin.
For that reason, I caution anyone in my region against using powder which is presented to be cocaine. You're playing with your life.

I guess my knowing it as a cattle de-worming medication - effective against various parasites - makes me wonder how Ivermectin could possibly be considered for the control of a virus. ?? Viruses are not parasites - by medical definition.

Apparently when telling people who don't trust the vaccine but who do trust cattle meds from the feed store about their options it's important to include details like how to ensure a proper dosage so they don't end up in the hospital.

Even if a medication helps it can ultimately do more harm than good if it's used improperly. And it looks like Ivermectin is being used improperly by a lot of people:

Person Hospitalized After Taking Livestock Ivermectin From Feed Store To Treat COVID-19

“The Mississippi Poison Control Center has received an increasing number of calls from individuals with potential ivermectin exposure taken to treat or prevent COVID-19 infection,” the alert said. “At least 70% of the recent calls have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers. 85% of the callers had mild symptoms, but one individual was instructed to seek further evaluation due to the amount of ivermectin reportedly ingested.”

“There’s a lot of misinformation around, and you may have heard that it’s OK to take large doses of ivermectin. That is wrong,” the FDA said. “Even the levels of ivermectin for approved uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death.”

But that info comes from the FDA. We apparently can't trust anything they say, so ignore all that and take whatever dose seems adequate or was suggested by a random blog or video.

#63 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,703 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2021 - 10:01 AM

I was wondering when we would see those stories begin to emerge. After all, it happened with the chloroquine,

Pure insanity. I can't understand being "intelligent" enough to evaluate the safety of taking an experimental vaccine yet reckless enough to take livestock medicines. I mean, if I were going to take a gamble.........it seems that the vaccine would be the safer bet.  But then, I'm one of those who is still observing and awaiting a more effective solution -

At this point it no longer matters. The variant card will be played from now on. I'm just waiting until I'm required to have a "vaccine passport" to even buy groceries. I really regret not investing in big pharma when this all started to kick-off. I could have (more than)  quadrupled the value of my life savings.

Races back to edit:

Well, holy cock-a-doodle-doo!!!!  Looks like the FDA is on track to approve one of these vaccines !!!!

Finally, I can get the one that will make everyone feel safe and happy !!!

https://www.yahoo.co...-151544518.html

I'm off to sign-up for my merit badge. ;)  (Seriously - and facetiously).

Edited by Myc, 21 August 2021 - 10:14 AM.

• TVCasualty likes this

#64 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 12:58 PM

Some info on how ivermectin is supposed to work

[Direct Link]

also many more videos, on the subject, here

https://www.youtube....bell ivermectin

Edited by shiftingshadows, 21 August 2021 - 12:59 PM.

#65 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2021 - 11:16 AM

People were drinking bleach too right?

No shortage of dim bulbs out there, but for the most part I think to myself. "The greater population is not as stupid as we think...."

Then something like this rolls along

#66 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 05:33 PM

People were drinking bleach too right?

No shortage of dim bulbs out there, but for the most part I think to myself. "The greater population is not as stupid as we think...."

Then something like this rolls along

.  It has always been, and always will be stupider than we think, because we all flatter ourselves. And the proof is in the present state of the world, as regards seeing this is the case for others. As regards ourselves, it may depend on our introspective abilities and how charmed our lives have been, and on how judgmental we are ... 

.   Also what was 'certain' 100 years ago is now often known to be false, same will apply to our notions...

#67 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 406 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 07:01 PM

Here's a link to an legit national institute of health article on the mechanisms of ivermectin 

When I first came across the info months ago I dismissed it out of hand; how can an anti-helmetic anti-parasite drug fight a respiratory virus? 

After actually looking at what the supposed mechanisms are though, it looks to me like the science is sound. 

I certainly wont touch it myself; Last time i took it for it's designated purpose i felt like I was tripping for days; plus, serious neurological and permanent optical damage are possible side effects. No thanks.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC8203399/

The mechanisms of action of Ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2: An evidence-based clinical review article

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!