I have put this down to a bacteria in the B+ liquid culture I used. Luckily I transferred out of this jar early and have a good healthy LC jar that I have started some brf jars with.
I use polyfill filter caps on my lc jars because trying to find syringe filters here is like trying to find rocking horse shit. I suspected the filter was no good but I took a risk and I got paid back for this mistake.
Just a really humbling experience that I haven't had in a while. And a lot of bunk substrate I've bagged up and thrown in the freezer.
I think it was me getting complacent and lazy and needing a reminder that this hobby takes a certain finesse and focus.
I think the bottom line is - don't take risks if your not willing to accept the failure that may result.
Edited by Frost, 01 May 2021 - 09:18 PM.