• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Frost

Frost

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:17 PM

So I knocked up about 12x 350ml wide mouth jars, odd size I know. Well they started off ok then they stalled then shortly after they started to smell.

I have put this down to a bacteria in the B+ liquid culture I used. Luckily I transferred out of this jar early and have a good healthy LC jar that I have started some brf jars with.

I use polyfill filter caps on my lc jars because trying to find syringe filters here is like trying to find rocking horse shit. I suspected the filter was no good but I took a risk and I got paid back for this mistake.

Just a really humbling experience that I haven't had in a while. And a lot of bunk substrate I've bagged up and thrown in the freezer.

I think it was me getting complacent and lazy and needing a reminder that this hobby takes a certain finesse and focus.

I think the bottom line is - don't take risks if your not willing to accept the failure that may result.

Humbly,

Frosty

Edited by Frost, 01 May 2021 - 09:18 PM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#2 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 8,869 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2021 - 05:45 AM

Just keep plugging away at it!  These lids are what I use for LC and grain: https://mycotopia.ne...e-water-lc-etc/

Made from stuff you can get at any hardware store.

• Frost likes this

#3 Frost

Frost

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 02:59 PM

Just keep plugging away at it!  These lids are what I use for LC and grain: https://mycotopia.ne...e-water-lc-etc/

Made from stuff you can get at any hardware store.

Thanks for that sidestreet. Another great tek. Think I'll be obtaining some tyvek in the near future.

#4 Frost

Frost

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 07:40 PM

Perhaps tyvek dust mask material would work?

Frosty

#5 cflashor

cflashor

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:28 PM

I use plastic lids with 4-5 drill holes in a square pattern in the middle, about the size of a dime. covered with a disk of tyvek that is siliconed underneath and around the top edge of the disk
  • Sidestreet and Frost like this

#6 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 8,869 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 04:59 AM

Perhaps tyvek dust mask material would work?

Frosty

If you have a dust mask lying around, I suppose.  How thick is the tyvek on those?  But tyvek envelopes are free from the post office and are probably easier to work with...

Edited by Sidestreet, Yesterday, 05:00 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!