• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Mycol

Mycol

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:15 AM

The rodeo gets their steers from a ranch on Sitkinak Island. They run a herd of Scottish highland highbred, and a herd of quarter horses.
https://en.wikipedia...Sitkinak_Island

Highlands are another breed I really like they have a smaller stature, very hardy, and good tempermeant . They take longer to finish and are smaller/lower yielding but their quality is really good . You can turn them out on some scrubby forest and they will go to town and give you a great product especially for the minimal input .

I think it might be too hot out on my land for them sadly .

Juthro can you do and auction for Mycotopia with some moose jerky in the package pretty please?

I’ll start the bidding at 99$

Edited by Mycol, 10 May 2021 - 11:15 AM.

• Juthro likes this

#22 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,556 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2021 - 04:02 PM

I would be happy to offer anything I've got here for donations to 'topia, but I'm currently out of jerky.   I'm sure I can hook you up if it is high on your want list (I can trade for it).  

And though I'm currently jerkyless, I almost always have plenty of smoked salmon (some not smoked as well) in wide mouth half pints jars, and I am willing to use as a tradable commodity,    I also have some canned pints of caribou meat, though that 'bou was a bit gamey, and is best suited for enchiladas, or chili.

Feel free to PM me, I would be happy to work with you, especially for the benefit of the 'topia.

Peace, and love :)

• ElPirana, Mycol and rockyfungus like this

#23 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:21 PM

The problem with Jerky is I seem to be able to eat it faster than I can make it. Not to mention the price of beef has been high enough that my old method of cutting up cheap tasty steaks has become too pricey

• Juthro likes this

#24 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,556 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:27 PM

The problem with Jerky is I seem to be able to eat it faster than I can make it. Not to mention the price of beef has been high enough that my old method of cutting up cheap tasty steaks has become too pricey

You ever try one of them jerky shooters?  They look like a caulk gun, and use ground meat.  The finished product is not as good as whole meat IMO, but it's still not bad. 

Edited by Juthro, 11 May 2021 - 03:29 PM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#25 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:33 PM

Funny you should mention it I did get one of those last year for that same reason. That does make the process easier as well. Just mix the seasoning in and shoot it out of the tube. Got me thinking I should make some now haha

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!