• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WanMyco

WanMyco

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 10:46 PM

Hi I’ve been trying my luck with agar. I had a good amount of dishes that showed obvious contaminants and a few dishes in it too sure of. Yes, it’s white but it’s cloudy as f*ck and not rhizo. Are these good to eventually use for a grain transfer or are these contams?f494ad89d297933ce727df97a0c6413d.jpg
70c203def451d4c32e74076860e8e18b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:14 AM

I'm also on my first try into agar and most of my samples grew the same. I transferred a small piece from the edges to a new plate and after isolating a small piece it seems to show a more rhizo growth pattern. Once that took off I used the first plate in a grain jar. Waiting for it to fruit now.

#3 WanMyco

WanMyco

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:15 AM

I'm also on my first try into agar and most of my samples grew the same. I transferred a small piece from the edges to a new plate and after isolating a small piece it seems to show a more rhizo growth pattern. Once that took off I used the first plate in a grain jar. Waiting for it to fruit now.

That’s what I was tracking from the stuff I’ve been reading, just making sure. Thanks bud

Edited by WanMyco, 11 May 2021 - 08:16 AM.

#4 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:04 AM

I've been trying to figure out if the myc is reaching for fresh air, even with some of my home-made plates.

Is there a filter or some type of air exchange on your lid?

#5 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 07:38 AM

I've got several plates that vary between that much fuzz and a little fuzz. Feel free to check out my other thread I have going. I did a transfer today from a good rizo section on 1 plate into 3 new plates.

What I'm curious to know also is if the fuzz is fine to use in grain spawn or it is generally not good?

#6 WanMyco

WanMyco

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:49 AM

I've got several plates that vary between that much fuzz and a little fuzz. Feel free to check out my other thread I have going. I did a transfer today from a good rizo section on 1 plate into 3 new plates.

What I'm curious to know also is if the fuzz is fine to use in grain spawn or it is generally not good?

I’m tracking that you should keep on transferring until you get the rhizo.

#7 WanMyco

WanMyco

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:50 AM

and then you can go straight to grain with the rhizo’ed agar

#8 rhapsodyclaymore

rhapsodyclaymore

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 11:17 AM

and then you can go straight to grain with the rhizo’ed agar

I'll keep this question short as I don't want to bogart this thread for myself. When I make a couple transfers (say, 3) from good rizo, and then keep transferring from that one, that's fine should that one suddenly get better?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!