• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:22 PM

One of my all time favorite movies to watch while trippin was Fear and loathing in Las vegas and the Matrix. Im telling you if you have never watched either do yourself the favor but make sure its a worthy dose you take then just sit back and enjoy. Watch the movies again the following day or the day prior and see what was different. There is a part in Fear and Loathing where Benicio Del Toro is the the bathroom freaking out about to throw a toaster into the tub he is sitting in, awesome part. Anyone else have any FAVS? I would love some suggestions. THanks in advance

• Juthro likes this

#2 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:28 PM

Not that I never watched movies while high but as I got more experienced I considered it a waste of my resources. Reminds me of an opportunity to drop some Bill Hicks into the discussion...

• SteampunkScientist, Mycol and rockyfungus like this

#3 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Resident Pervert

• OG VIP
  • 1,173 posts

Donator

Posted 12 May 2021 - 05:07 PM

A scanner darkly is a good one.

#4 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2021 - 11:28 PM

Animatrix is one that'll throw you for a loop.

Dr Strange too

But there's also a lot to be said about trips with NO sensory input. Depends on the weather. Cold and rainy a movie is a good time.

Edited by Oldpunk, 12 May 2021 - 11:32 PM.

• rockyfungus likes this

#5 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 07:14 AM

Snow, rain, clouds, trees/nature, ceiling, hell even the back of my eyelids all able to keep my interest better then moving picture magic.

I used to enjoy Pink Floyd's the Wall, or any well drawn cartoon for that matter. Nature documentaries can be amazing too.

#6 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 07:14 AM

Cold and rainy! I like that Ill have to save a little something for the next storm. I got some seriously amazing pics of lightning from a few years back Ill post shortly.

#7 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:32 AM

Ill try and upload the video if i can its crazy awesome

Attached Thumbnails

• pic2.png
  • pic1.png

#8 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:19 AM

A documentary about birds called Winged Migration was pretty amazing. Watched it on mute with a good instrumental soundtrack that meshed perfectly with the imagery.

Cave of Forgotten Dreams and Into the Inferno (both by Herzog) are both fucking mind-blowing in ANY state.

Being There (starring Peter Sellers) or Murder by Death are both movies of a type they don't make anymore that are extra-crispy to watch when tripping.

I find that the best tripping movies are movies not made to be "trippy." Subtlety has its own magic. Visually stunning documentaries played on mute accompanied with our own choice of music seems like a good way to go IME.

That said, Wonder Woman 1984 was awesome on 2g of fungi, but not for the reason why anyone involved in making would prefer. It was so cheesy and over the top I almost hyperventilated a few times from laughter. I needed that, lol. I call it "Mushroom Science Theater 3000."

FWIW, I only watch movies on low doses. Anything above 2g and I'm up and outside, can't be indoors at all.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#9 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:36 AM

Laughing here, winged migration was our go to movie for tripping. Glad to see you bring it up, I figured that would be self-incriminating, hmmm maybe we know each other. Lot of people enjoyed big fish too, I'm not a fan personally. All the things I dislike about Tim Burton are turned up to 11. 

Adventure time is a great cartoon series for tripping. Gravity Falls is a wonderful occult/Kthuluesque romp through Oregon. Avatar the Last Airbender if you want all the feels. 

B movies are great on 2g I even enjoy the hell out of a cheesy horror flick, or if you are able to handle it, go for the pure horror on a low dose.

As you approach the real realms of tripping and not enhancement, good luck using your normal peepers or even wanting to be confined to a manmade structure, or wear clothing...

[Direct Link]

Edited by rockyfungus, 13 May 2021 - 10:41 AM.

• TVCasualty likes this

#10 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:38 AM

Awesome Im going to have to check some of these out and I agree 100% with getting outdoors and back in touch. Im heading to the beach for two weeks and cant wait for the trip on teh beach, should be pretty amazing.

#11 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:40 AM

Rocky- I love gravity falls my son and I watch Dipper/maybel and gruncle stan all the time. I also enjoy Rick and Morty a show I just found out about a few months ago. I'll have plenty to watch now. thanks for the suggestions!

#12 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2021 - 04:34 PM

Just about any good documentary seems to pay off, Herzog has more than a few good ones in my opinion. But yeah I tend to agree that words and story lines can get in the way on a good trip. Better to watch something like samsara, baraka or planet earth docs where the visuals are the focus

Samara

https://archive.org/....RoSubbedPlayXD

Baraka

[Direct Link]

I have to say on the lower doses, like half a tab of acid or under a gram of mushrooms can make quality programming fucking epic. I feel like bladerunner 2049 imprinted in a special place in my mind from this type of viewing. Sometimes I wonder about this effect and watching dark material. luckily though usually when tripping violence is the last thing I am interested in watching. The thin red line is good too, I find anything with a slow burn seems to fit like a comfortable pair of shoes on acid

However at the higher doses where it becomes difficult to focus I find the tv tends to be a waste of time. Outside is best but if one is worried about the neighbors watching you do strange things inside is fine too. Sometimes simply laying on your bed with the windows open listening to the birds chirp can be a blissful experience. Especially at the moment when they all stop chirping in what seemed like uniform fashion. Those nature moments are by far my favorite trip experiences

edit: Dammit I almost forgot about one that needs mention whether you watch it high or not. I think someone recommended it to me in the sci fi movie thread. I only partook in the mary Jane on this one but any self respecting psychedelic taker would find it worth a watch regardless due to the nature of its content. Man old trailers are bad, and that internet archive sure is handy.

[Direct Link]

Altered States Full movie

https://archive.org/...oowoman.website

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 13 May 2021 - 04:43 PM.

• rockyfungus likes this

#13 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:47 PM

Just about any good documentary seems to pay off, Herzog has more than a few good ones in my opinion. But yeah I tend to agree that words and story lines can get in the way on a good trip. Better to watch something like samsara, baraka or planet earth docs where the visuals are the focus

Samara

https://archive.org/....RoSubbedPlayXD

Baraka

[Direct Link]

I have to say on the lower doses, like half a tab of acid or under a gram of mushrooms can make quality programming fucking epic. I feel like bladerunner 2049 imprinted in a special place in my mind from this type of viewing. Sometimes I wonder about this effect and watching dark material. luckily though usually when tripping violence is the last thing I am interested in watching. The thin red line is good too, I find anything with a slow burn seems to fit like a comfortable pair of shoes on acid

However at the higher doses where it becomes difficult to focus I find the tv tends to be a waste of time. Outside is best but if one is worried about the neighbors watching you do strange things inside is fine too. Sometimes simply laying on your bed with the windows open listening to the birds chirp can be a blissful experience. Especially at the moment when they all stop chirping in what seemed like uniform fashion. Those nature moments are by far my favorite trip experiences

edit: Dammit I almost forgot about one that needs mention whether you watch it high or not. I think someone recommended it to me in the sci fi movie thread. I only partook in the mary Jane on this one but any self respecting psychedelic taker would find it worth a watch regardless due to the nature of its content. Man old trailers are bad, and that internet archive sure is handy.

[Direct Link]

Altered States Full movie

https://archive.org/...oowoman.website

Altered States is based on John C. Lily. If you're not familiar with Lily and are into sensory deprivation tanks (he invented them), LSD, dolphins and ketamine, you may find him interesting. As a side note, I believe Altered States was written by Paddy Chayefski who is kind of a badass as screenplay/writers go.

Aside from Altered States, he wrote one of the all time classics, Network. He also wrote The Americanization of Emily, which is a pretty sweet anti-war movie. One that I haven't seen that is supposed to be worthwhile is Hospital, which I am just now remembering. Maybe I'll bump it to the top of my list.

• FLASHINGROOSTER and rockyfungus like this

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:34 AM

I can't stand Altered States.

It was ambitious as hell and a good effort for the time but IMO it was ultimately bad for public perception of the psychedelic movement in general.

A friend of mine ruined it for me one night when someone played it while a bunch of us were hanging out on acid. About halfway through he suddenly spoke up and said "If I see ONE MORE fucking closeup of microscope slides I'm gonna lose it!" and we thought he probably meant it so we shut it off (while laughing our asses off at his outburst that summed up everyone's thoughts) and I haven't revisited it since.

One of the trippiest movie experiences I've ever had was when I was forced to take shelter in my room after eating a bunch of mushrooms just before my roommate at the time came home with a bunch of friends. None were going to be tripping and I didn't know them so I went to my room. My bed was against the wall that the TV was next to in the living room. They put in a movie and turned up the sound nice and loud, so as the mushrooms came on I laid there and listened to Forrest Gump in the dark. I "watched" the movie, but all the imagery was entirely in my head.

Since one of the irritating things about watching a movie tripping is the light from the screen, maybe try listening to a movie instead. Don't pick a horror flick, and one that's dialogue driven is probably best.

• Moonless and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#15 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2021 - 02:09 PM

haha yeah I believe it was a Duncan Trussel episode of drunk history where I first heard about John Lilly injecting acid into dolphins and experimenting with trying to teach them to talk. I had no idea about the connection to that movie until yesterday. I was listening to Reggie watts and Rogan talk about ketamine, and in that conversation Lilly came up.

Of course I assume drunk history is 100% factually accurate :biggrin:. It is just fun to hear Duncan tell the tale being a psychedelic enthusiast

[Direct Link]

I could see how altered states would do more damage than good when it comes to people that have never tried psychedelics. That ape business at the ending was not a satisfying conclusion at all.

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 14 May 2021 - 02:19 PM.

#16 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,643 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2021 - 02:53 PM

As with any trip, it's generally best to go where it takes you....   Planning things to do while tripping never really works out all that well IME, but I have had some enjoyable times in front of the TV :)

My most memorable was watching 'Return Of The Living Dead', lol.   I was in high school, well I was 'sposta be anyway, but somehow I ended up eating a bunch of liberty caps, and hanging out at a friends house all day.....

• FLASHINGROOSTER, rockyfungus and livefrom215 like this

#17 Enjoil

Enjoil

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:25 PM

Me and my dude just watched a good one! The gentlemen. It’s about guys growing weed and mofos trying to take over their grow operation. Shit gets crazy! Ha ha. We both lemon tek 5.5 grams and I could hardly concentrate on the movie. I just sat there with a plate of untouched Chinese food that I somehow ordered( I couldn’t remember my phone #, I just started saying random numbers when she asked me.) and watched these weird black English gangsters rap and do flips! Lol movie got over and we were like it was barely about weed at all!

We watched it again a few days later not tripping, and it’s all about weed! Hahaha! We were on another planet! It’s not overwhelming or to dark to watch tripping. I recommend it.

#18 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,058 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2021 - 11:41 AM

Maybe not a tripping movie. Can't imagine watching any movie while tripping. But I just found the full movie for Duel. Steven Spielberg's first film. Well worth it.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Justintime, 30 June 2021 - 11:42 AM.

#19 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 916 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:08 PM

One of my first mushroom trips I watched that Tarantino cheesey vampire film  from Dusk Till Dawn. I found the movie hilariously over the top as I watched the energy circuit flowing through my dear friends body. I would reccomend watching it but tripping isn't required.

• rockyfungus and livefrom215 like this

#20 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 07:02 AM

Moonless- That is most def a classic!! George Clooney, Danny Trejo  and the scene with Salma Hayek with the snake wrapped around her--- PRICELESS

• Moonless likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!