• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 05:07 PM

Classic! Hopefully they don't know the twist. Movies can be way too much stimulus. I'm trying to figure my dose to finally be brave enough to watch Event Horizon for the first time.

• TVCasualty likes this

#22 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2021 - 06:05 PM

Classic! Hopefully they don't know the twist. Movies can be way too much stimulus. I'm trying to figure my dose to finally be brave enough to watch Event Horizon for the first time.

Funny you should mention that.

Back when you could buy Salvia at the local head shop I had quite the experience with that movie

At one point the camera changes quickly and one of the characters goes into a full on run away from the "Evil"

At that moment I felt I was in the movie and found myself running out of the room and down the staircase before I realized what the hell just happened.

• rockyfungus likes this

#23 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 07:10 AM

That movie freaked me out the first time I saw it. Def a classic and I could totally see myself running out of the room watching that tripping lol!!

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#24 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2021 - 10:55 AM

The big wave scene from Interstellar watched while on fungi was quite the adrenaline inducer.

[Direct Link]

I experienced that scene the same as if I'd been in the water with them. Now every time I see it I get that rush.

I also gave myself a freaky-intense adrenaline rush once (almost as intense as the time I went hang gliding on fungi for real) from watching video clips of people BASE jumping (while I was mildly tripping). The ones where the person has to psych themselves up to jump off the cliff or whatever (first timers, usually) are the most intense. I guess it's thanks to the empathy that fungi in particular seems to amplify; *I* become the person psyching myself up to jump off a freakin' cliff, and I'm not one to normally do that.

And to get the same experience Richard Branson just got (but for considerably less expense) I'd recommend what worked for me and blew my mind completely: Going to a Dark Side of the Moon laser show on a couple grams of fungi and smoking a bowl of hash oil-dipped prime bud in the parking lot just before going in.

I experienced ego loss about 100 feet from the door and froze but my friends got me in and seated even though I no longer knew who the hell any of us were (including myself) and wanted to bail but they wouldn't let me since the whole thing had been my idea. It wasn't the album or the lasers that gave me the "Overview Effect" that astronauts talk about. It was when they projected a photo of Earth on the dome with a totally black background (no lasers) and then had it recede into the distance. Turns out, watching your home planet recede into the Void leaving you floating alone in outer space is kind of freaky. Even more intense than riding Space Mountain at Disneyland on 5 grams IMO (which I'd say is a bucket-list worthy experience to have, though having to go to fucking Disneyland to have it is unfortunate).

I plan on going to see Dune at an IMAX theater when it comes out. I'll try not to experience ego loss in the parking lot, but it's going to be close.

Edited by TVCasualty, 13 July 2021 - 11:09 AM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#25 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2021 - 11:03 AM

That movie freaked me out the first time I saw it. Def a classic and I could totally see myself running out of the room watching that tripping lol!!

Watching Memento on 4 grams did that to me a couple of times (this was right after it came out). A friend played it while we waited for our dose to kick in. The plan was to go walk the beach nearby but we didn't get outside until that crazy movie ended and I had to stop it and take a break a couple of time where I'd go sit out on his balcony wondering what the actual FUCK I was watching.

#26 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 11:34 AM

TV- Memento would be a good one to watch... speaking of adrenaline doses during films... I watched the Matrix with a few friends on a few gel tabs of acid... the part where Neo wakes up in the real world and he pulls the tub out of his mouth and sees all the other pods with people in them... anyway after he pulls the tube out he gets released down another tube and comes out the bottom with all the goo and what not.... it was crazy there had to be 5-7 of us watching and when Neo finally came out the bottom of the tube everyone in the room let out this gasp for air like while Neo was riding down the tube we were all holding our breath like we were in the tube and when he came out the bottom and could breath again so could we lol.... crazy momento....

#27 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2021 - 03:17 PM

That interstellar is one of my favorite movies. The soundtrack makes it next level for me, I can listen to that and fall asleep and get a sense of euphoria sometimes.

I think its the closet I can get to some form of meditation. Aside from remembering the movie it triggers warm memories and in turn the happy nostalgic effect. For some reason it became one of those albums that took a mental snapshot of my life

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 13 July 2021 - 03:18 PM.

#28 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 01:39 PM

Speaking of that "wave". My buddy's parents inherited a property later in life on a lake. Pretty popular spot as I believe the canals lead out to the intercoastal. I think I was mid 20's at the time. Think it was an RC/DOB who fucking knows, why I don't mess with it anymore...

Anyways, I remember cursing the blotter as the sun was coming up and the visuals were fucking intense. A boat was playing in the sunrise and the wake just recursively kept getting bigger and bigger till I thought it would crash on me. Hands down the best/unique visual I've had.

Also totally weird "party" my buddy threw to get laid and it was painful watching the social interaction, wonder if I even spoke that night. "theater kids"

Edited by rockyfungus, 14 July 2021 - 01:39 PM.

#29 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 02:00 PM

This is the third time Im talking about this documentary on this site lol anyway just watched Fantastic Fungus, truly awesome doc about mushrooms! Paul Stamets speaks about a time he took shrooms, his buddy gave him a ziplock baggie that from what he said prob had close to half an ounce in it, he ate the entire thing thinking it was one dose. Stamets said a thunderstorm was rolling in so he climbed to the top of a tree to watch the storm. Could you imagine eating that much and being at the top of a tree with a thunderstorm approaching! Anyway super awesome doc check it out if you haven't already!

#30 FlashyFrank

FlashyFrank

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 02:40 AM

Alice in Wonderland, the live action or the cartoon and Fantasia is a classic.

#31 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:16 AM

Dont.

You're going to take some of the most potent medicine on the planet and then stare at a screen?

What a disrespectful waste

ugh

#32 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:38 PM

Depends on the dosage I say. At eight grams you likely wont be able to focus on much of anything, those trips are best taken out in nature laying down in the grass, watching the sunset ect. At lower under one gram doses where you not having these powerful feelings but get some nice colours popping and a general sense of well being well there is nothing wrong with enjoying a little digital entertainment.

#33 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:41 PM

Dont.

You're going to take some of the most potent medicine on the planet and then stare at a screen?

What a disrespectful waste

ugh

I think of it as analogous to using a state-of-the-art computer to play games with.

It's a serious tool but sometimes you just want to just slack off for a while and not do serious work all the time. I've seen some crazy (and bad) shit go down in real life while tripping, and seeing some of that had much greater negative effects on my state of mind than anything that could ever appear on a screen. But then that's why the general advice is to not trip while walking through violent, crime-ridden neighborhoods at night, either (too bad it was where I lived at the time).

For whatever it's worth, after trying it most people seem to conclude that tripping in front of a screen is not something they want to do very much of (if any) and the first thing I did on my first trip ever while waiting for my dose to kick in was turn off the TV in reflexive horror as soon as it started to (and that was back when I watched too much TV, hence my nym).

Just don't trip and watch a screen if it's the only chance you'll ever have to trip!

Now THAT would be a waste, but fortunately if people do what we tell them to on this site (growing-wise) then they'll have plenty more fungi to trip with in all sorts of potentially-informative settings.

• shiftingshadows likes this

#34 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:21 PM

Music is fine. But visual entertainment now you’re pushing it. Sometimes there's a dose and a time for a good lazy movie trip. 

Fantasia is a classic if hasn’t been stated

Edited by rockyfungus, 14 October 2021 - 06:10 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!