• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 08:46 PM

A while ago I put a quarter pound of kratom in a quart mason jar, and topped it off with about 16 oz of everclear. I shook it up well daily for about a month, and strained it through cheese cloth. I recently discovered it again, after I had completely forgotten about it for a few years.

Will making feco with the kratom infused everclear work alright? Will the heat from cooking off the alcohol destroy the mitragynine that's been extracted into the alcohol from the kratom leaf?

I never noticed any sort of effect from kratom leaf in capsules. Except an odd positive mindset, which may have been the power of suggestion. In other words..... no buzz. Before I forgot about the quart jar of kratom tincture, I'd added several milliliters of it to drinks, and never noticed anything either. Except it tasted like shit!

I'd heard about people actually overdosing on kratom, but I just figured that was all bullshit. I'd heard this right around the time when they were going to reschedule kratom to a schedule 1 narcotic. I kinda figured they were trying to sensationalize it to reschedule it. Because I've never heard anything like that since.

The reason I'm asking about the kratom infused tincture is because I can't buy 190 proof everclear in my state. I just want to make some feco with the alcohol. Could I receive a mad scientist award please, for coming up with this idea?  :biggrin:   Or have you guys already made feco using kratom tincture? Are there any potential issues with doing this? Would there be any medical applications for this sort of mixture, after I cook off the alcohol? I'll probably just suck it up into syringes, and put it in capsules.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,099 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:02 PM

Try searching for kratom extracts or 20x kratom extracts. I'm not sure about the mad scientist award but there is lots of info available. Personally I don't care for the extracts as I feel there is something missing that I get from the whole leaf powder, plus it just feels and tastes like I overdosed on coffee. Here is a quote for the first result on the search that I don't want to spam the link.

How is This Kratom Extract Made?

The purpose of creating a kratom extract is quite simple; the alkaloids within kratom leaves, such as mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, share valuable space with other inactive chemicals. These chemicals, while completely innocuous, compromise the availability of kratom’s active alkaloids.

By extracting the inactive chemicals, we are able to ensure higher concentrations of the key indole alkaloids.

Our 20x extract is produced by infusing the aforementioned alkaloids with polar and non-polar solvents.

We use a special mixture of fresh lemon juice and undiluted ethanol which is added to our carefully measured and finely ground kratom powder. This concoction is then sealed in an airtight container and mechanically convulsed for a period of three hours.

Once our extract is fully homogenized, the sealed container is placed into a larger container. Water is then boiled separately and slowly dumped into the first container with our mix of Mitragyna speciosa leaf and ethanol.

The alcohol is left to evaporate for several minutes, producing a pressure within the first container. This container is mechanically convulsed sporadically for 30 additional minutes at 5-minute intervals.

Our mixture sits for one more hour before our team filters the leaves through an industrial grade strainer and steam-dry all leaves for a period of three hours to ensure full stabilization. The resulting extract is deconstructed into powder form using our in-house grinder.

Edited by coorsmikey, 18 May 2021 - 08:02 PM.

• phlegmbae, Skywatcher and bezevo like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!