This method I have tested repeatedly to Pasteurize straw for all woodlovers spending no energy at all.
I only spend time.
This method combines Dr Stamets's aerobic-anaerobic pasteurization with the addition of Lime from the beginning.
1. I fill 40 kilos of cut straw in a water penetrable bag.
2. I dissolve 300 grams of agricaltural lime in a 45 gallon barell filling it initialy half way with plain water.
3. I immerse the bag in the barell filling the remaining space with water
4. I place something heavy on top to make sure no air comes in contact with the bag.
5. Atrer two weeks I turn over the barell to empty the foul water on the ground. Dont try to lift the bag cause it is very heavy.
6. Spread the straw on a very wide mesh to dry and to aerate.
7. Make sure it dries to field capacity.
8. Fill straw in strong naylon bags adding spawn in layers.
9. Press strongly down after each layer.
10. Tie the bags and cut several slits for mushrooms.
11. Make two slits to dry the bottom, and one on top to aerate.
12. Place it into a proper Martha to proceed.
After 20 days I take my first fruits.
Most of the time I reach 5 crops per bag.