• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 07:20 AM

Henlo again friends, I have been asked by a family memeber who uses Kratom "Tea" on a regular basis if it can have any adverse side-effects if consumed the same day as dosing on mushrooms? This family member also takes Norco on a regular basis for persistent neck and back pain and at one point they consumed 7g dried cubensis and didn't feel a thing. They came off their norco meds for a day prior to the day of dosing on mushrooms again and said they didn't get any visuals, but they were completely without pain. They did still consume their usual dose of Kratom that day.

By "Adverse Reactions" they are mostly asking if the Kratom will hinder the experience. I told him I would look into it. I that I imagine that the "cleaner" his body is of substances, the more the experience will "present" itself so to speak but I'm not well-versed in Kratom and the way it intricately affects the neurosystem.

I'll go on to do my own research but I figured I would post up here as well in hopes someone already has the insights I seek.

Thank you for your time.

• Coopdog likes this

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,360 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 08:34 AM

is the friend also taking anti-anxiety drugs or anything like them?

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#3 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:08 AM

I have recently asked a similar question and Kratom was brought up from what I was told the individual took Kratom daily and had zero negative interaction between the mush and Kratom. Hope this helps

• Coopdog likes this

#4 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:25 AM

Well I'm gonna hop in and ask a question as well. So I have a friend who takes methadone 30mg daily. No antidepressants just methadone. We each ate around 5g of dried cubes. He reported a strong body feeling but couldn't trip. My journey was fine I had no problems. I couldn't find any information that pointed to an interaction. So if there is one id like to know the answer to this as well. Thanks!

Edited by makinbones69, 20 May 2021 - 09:34 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#5 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,360 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 10:02 AM

I'll take a guess

Narcotics work on the nervous system. As I understand them they suppress the nervous system.

Maybe the narcotics allow some of the mushroom mechanisms to work but retard others.

Mix a couple other chems or foods or herbs etc that might also suppress and it's not hard to imagine the trip not getting off the ground.

We need a couple real, drug curious doctors around here or at least people with the right educations

Edited by pharmer, 20 May 2021 - 10:04 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Salty117 and 1 other like this

#6 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 10:08 AM

I should have some info to add to this topic after this weekend. I have been prescribed suboxone for a while now but have not tripped while being on this med. This weekend will be my first experience so I will gladly report my findings. I believe methadone and suboxone work in the same manner so should have similar results. Be back soon...

#7 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 10:38 AM

Its hard to say. My uneducated guess is similar to what pharmer is saying. I think that it suppresses the nervous system or something and reduces the effects of the mushroom. I would like to really know though. A quick look online for interactions between the two didn't really yield any results that would explain it.

Edited by makinbones69, 20 May 2021 - 10:38 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#8 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,557 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 12:47 PM

Yeah my guess is the opioid is suppressing it, or rather leaving dopamine levels depleted. Never had any issues with Kratom, and a 7 gram mushroom dose would knock most people on their ass. I have successfully combined it with many other drugs but opioids would not be on that list. No real experience there

Reminds me of when you try to repeat that epic dose from the night before. You would have to take double the amount to even get close.  These strong drugs tend to make your brain release those feed good happy chemicals triggering that euphoric effect. Giving your head some time off seems to be the only tried and true method as far as I can tell.

• Coopdog and Salty117 like this

#9 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 03:51 PM

Posted Today, 11:08 AM

I should have some info to add to this topic after this weekend. I have been prescribed suboxone for a while now but have not tripped while being on this med. This weekend will be my first experience so I will gladly report my findings. I believe methadone and suboxone work in the same manner so should have similar results. Be back soon...

I apologize if I'm off subject. I don't think methadone, and suboxone work the same way do they? I mean they're both synthetic opioids, but suboxone also contains an opioid antagonist in it. I believe suboxone contains naloxone.

• Coopdog likes this

#10 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:13 PM

is the friend also taking anti-anxiety drugs or anything like them?

They are not on anti-anxieties but they do take something else for Neuropathy but I can't recall what it is off the top of my head right now.

• Coopdog likes this

#11 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:24 PM

Giving your head some time off seems to be the only tried and true method as far as I can tell.

That's what I'm leaning towards as well, time to let the body do it's filtering and clean up. The persisting reason for using the aforementioned medications and substance does make it difficult for them to just take time off to clean out but the fact that they put even just a day between their last dose of Norco and their second dose of mushrooms (also 7g, also cubensis) and had a noticable difference in the way they felt physically I think leads me to believe that could be one of the main culprits for the absence of experience. 

Edited by Salty117, 20 May 2021 - 05:25 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#12 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,172 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 08:01 PM

I can report that Kratom does NOT effect mushrooms, and might even enhance it some from my recent experiences in the last few months. I got my ass kicked good by an unmeasured few gram dose just a while back and I take Kratom 3 times a day usually and have been for years now. Never had any problem with my mushroom buzz whatsoever. :) Thank GOD!

I would bet your friend is on Gabapentin (Neurontin) for Neuropathy. That drug has a veritable book of side effects and drug interactions. They tried to put my wife on it a while back and I asked her to PLEASE do some research before she took even one. After her research she politely declined taking it ever. I was very relieved. 

• makinbones69, Salty117 and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#13 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 08:11 PM

So coopdog. U think 30mg of methadone would affect a 5g cubensis dose? Thats my question for my buddy just methadone. We both ate about 5g I had a blast him just body buzz thats my question. Naloxone is another realm away from the answer I'm looking for. Is cool tho I'm just probing.

Edited by makinbones69, 20 May 2021 - 08:12 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#14 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,044 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:34 PM

So coopdog. U think 30mg of methadone would affect a 5g cubensis dose? Thats my question for my buddy just methadone. We both ate about 5g I had a blast him just body buzz thats my question. Naloxone is another realm away from the answer I'm looking for. Is cool tho I'm just probing.

Abstract

A chronic pain patient prescribed 20 mg of methadone per day was seen at the Emergency Department within one hour following a witnessed intentional 200 mg ingestion. In addition, he was taking the serotonin re-uptake inhibitor antidepressant drugs, sertraline and venlafaxine as prescribed. Methadone is also a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor which has been involved in serotonin toxicity reactions. Initially, no symptoms of narcotic overdose (depressed central nervous system, respiration, or blood pressure) could be distinguished, and the standard narcotic urine screen was negative. No decontamination or antagonist therapy was given, and the patient was discharged to a psychiatric unit for observation. At 5 hours post-ingestion he presented in a panic with hallucinations and elevated blood pressure, pulse, and respiration. These symptoms are characteristic of serotonin syndrome which is often described as mental status changes, autonomic hyperactivity, and neuromuscular abnormalities. At 10 hours post-ingestion the patient was found unconscious. He had aspirated stomach contents into his lungs. His respiration, blood pressure, and pulse were all severely depressed. He never regained conciousness, and he died 5 days later. The medical examiner's finding was probable acute methadone intoxication. In this case serotonin syndrome appears to have opposed and delayed typical narcotic symptoms. Methadone has additional pharmacologic and toxicologic properties which may complicate the assessment and treatment in overdose situations.

• Coopdog and Salty117 like this

#15 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,107 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:36 PM

But my guy is on methadone only no antidepressants. Ugh .
I'm bad at addition but not really. No ssri. For my guy.
I'm wondering about methadone 30mg only.
I see what ur saying. I dont feed people who are on antidepressants boomers. Thats a hard no go zone. But I wonder about the methadone man. All im sayin.

Edited by makinbones69, 20 May 2021 - 09:40 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#16 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,172 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:57 PM

I think what Mikey's post above is saying is that methadone acts similarly to SSRI's or antidepressants. I doubt it would hurt him, but difinitely might have inhibited the trip a bit. 

• coorsmikey and Salty117 like this

#17 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:44 AM

Sorry I did not mean to confuse when I said that suboxone and methadone would have similar results. You are correct suboxone contains Naloxone and methadone doesnt. I guess what I was trying to say is they effect the same receptors in releasing dopamine bc of the opioid in the methadone and suboxone so I believe you would have similar results.

• phlegmbae likes this

#18 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,172 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 08:21 PM

My wife has been on low dose Naloxone for a year or so for her thryoid condition. For some reason it helps nearly all of the symptoms, but after her doc retired she went thru hell getting another doc to prescribe it for off the card uses. He finally ended up researching it himself and got her fixed up again. Try convincing most docs to do that! I guess he's a keeper

• phlegmbae likes this

#19 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 10:33 AM

That's some amazing information Coop! I've never heard of Naloxone being used for anything except opioid overdose rescue, and now as a component in Suboxone. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!