3 replies to this topic

#1 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 935 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 10:16 AM

I mentioned this book in another thread yesterday, but I thought it worth mentioning here in the Book Buzz forum. The book is called C. G. Jung Lexicon: A Primer of Terms & Concepts by Daryl Sharp.

The book is free for download from Inner City Books https://innercitybooks.net/. It is a great resource for learning terms and concepts directly related to Jungian analysis.

The author, Daryl Sharp, founded Inner City Books solely for the purpose of publishing books written by Jungian analysts. They have an awesome collection of titles & authors if Jungian psychology is your thing.

4129229D-6308-49A3-A3BE-9C78D2860931.jpeg
  • Skywatcher and Moonless like this

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 916 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:42 PM

Thanks! I am curious about jungian ideas but have always had a hard time getting through any of his work. The shorter essays and chapters are easier for me but the longer stuff is hard for me to get into especially if it takes more than a day to read.

• ElPirana likes this

#3 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 935 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 07:50 AM

Thanks! I am curious about jungian ideas but have always had a hard time getting through any of his work. The shorter essays and chapters are easier for me but the longer stuff is hard for me to get into especially if it takes more than a day to read.

If you have an interest, maybe you can find a different method to discovering Jungian ideas than reading his books. We all learn in different ways, so no need to force yourself into something that isn’t working for you at the moment.

I can understand issues with reading. Personally, my problem with getting all my info from reading is that I’m very slow and I don’t have a lot of uninterrupted time in the day to read. Hell, I’ve been reading Jung’s autobiography for months and am just nearing the end now. I guess I sometimes get distracted into reading other things too, so I’m all over the place lol.

If you like listening to podcasts & interviews, there is a really good one that I found. I’ve listened to almost all of the interviews and there are some real gems in there. The website is https://speakingofjung.com/. I went all the way back and started listening from Episode One, which actually happens to be an interview with Daryl Sharp, the author of the Lexicon.
  • Moonless likes this

#4 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 916 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 05:24 PM

Yeah man it's hard with Jung. I often feel bad cause I really want to learn about his thoughts about psychology but I just don't have the dedication or attention to put in the work.

I used to be into podcast and audiobooks when I was a laborer a few months ago but now that I have a job where my ears are required from clock in to clock out so I haven't been listening to them as prolifically as I had just a few months ago. I listened to a few Jung essays, Memories, Dreams, Reflections as well as the podcast: This Jungian Life.

Thanks for the share I'll check it out.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!