hahaha that was fucked

• TVCasualty likes this

#3 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 02:53 PM

videos of Massospora & other parasitic fungi.

https://www.youtube....ery=Massospora

at around 7 minutes in he finds the first one, & at about 8 minutes talks about the drugs

more parasites and mind control here

https://www.youtube....nd mind control

this is perhaps the most amazing: "jewel wasp, cockroach and mind control"

wonder if anyone else thinks so

https://www.youtube....nd mind control

I'm looking forward to reading Ed's other article:

"Is This Fungus Using a Virus to Control an Animal's Mind?"

https://www.theatlan...-animal/565982/

Edited by shiftingshadows, 20 May 2021 - 02:54 PM.

• rockyfungus likes this

#4 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,786 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 11:20 PM

:eek:

Holy shit. How the heck did I miss that when it came out? I've been a big fan of parasitic fungi since before it was cool, but now I'm not so sure.

I mean, how do we know that we're not tripping balls right now, waking around with our asses replaced by a sporulating fungus that's feeding us a drug cocktail in some kind of fucked-up Beyond the Aquila Rift -type horror show??

HOW DO WE KNOW?

:tinfoil:

• FLASHINGROOSTER, Mycol and rockyfungus like this

#5 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 02:08 AM

Well the jewel wasp are the most freaky videos I think,

but between the other somewhat recent biology facts are that:

1) there are more bacterial cells in our bodies than human cells, called the microbiome, which may affect our minds as well as our digestion.

2) We are dependent on the mitochondria in every cell

according to wiki "the mitochondrion has its own genome("mitogenome") that is substantially similar to bacterial genomes."

So just on the physical level we are not as autonomous, as most of us usually assume; even though in the back of our minds we know we are totally dependent on plants for both food and oxygen.

As regards human mind control, that is what rabies does and possibly toxoplasma gondii, which does control the brains of some rodents, and which is found in lots of us, from contact with pet cats or their poop.

As you say a terrifying idea, which sci-fi movie makers exploit.

Edited by shiftingshadows, 21 May 2021 - 02:11 AM.

• rockyfungus likes this

#6 Mycol

Mycol

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:47 AM

:eek:

Holy shit. How the heck did I miss that when it came out? I've been a big fan of parasitic fungi since before it was cool, but now I'm not so sure.

I mean, how do we know that we're not tripping balls right now, waking around with our asses replaced by a sporulating fungus that's feeding us a drug cocktail in some kind of fucked-up Beyond the Aquila Rift -type horror show??

HOW DO WE KNOW?

:tinfoil:

I wSnt sure if someone hadn’t posted it before . I came across this from Stamets .

We are all part of a mass hallucination .
  • rockyfungus likes this

#7 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 12:43 PM

I like the flying salt shakers of death line for some reason. There is a strange cartoon like imagery that forms in my mind

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 21 May 2021 - 12:44 PM.

• Mycol likes this

#8 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 01:58 PM

The fungi that grows out of an ant's head spreads spores along the path below, where the ants have a trail, so it also appears to have mind control of the ant, and an intelligence of its own, but as you say it may not seem as poetic, when described.

#9 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,872 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 07:04 PM

So who for science is willing to ingest these maggots at various stages to see where peak concentration of psilocybin and cathinone lies?

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#10 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 710 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 08:27 PM

Ew. Not sure if I could.

TvCasualty....beyond the aquila rift is a good one. Read the story years ago and then saw it on Love Death Robots. Who's to say that's not our real reality?

#11 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:06 PM

Start collecting my brothers hahah, seems like a hell of a long way to go to get a high but in the interest of science it seems like worthy en devour

#12 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:18 PM

The cicada's contain a form of speed, from the fungus as well, and the fungus eats the cicadas from the inside as well, eating them would seem very ill advised.

"Different species of cicadas get different drug-laced responses from Massospora infections. While periodical cicadas—like the dark brown, red-eyed Brood X—get a boost from the stimulant cathinone, annual cicadas wind up full of psilocybin, the same chemical found in psychedelic mushrooms.

Although some people eat healthy cicadas, experts do not recommend eating the cicadas for the fungus and its drugs. For one thing, Kasson tells the Guardian, the cathinone and psilocybin are just two of a thousand compounds that they found in the fungus-infected cicadas. For another, most people who eat cicadas tend to harvest those that have recently molted. (Entomologists described them as tasting buttery and nutty like asparagus to Mark Kennedy at the Associated Press.)

Fully grown cicadas would be crunchy and unpleasant, per the Courier & Press. Even cicada predators, like squirrels and birds, avoid the Massospora-infected insects."

https://www.smithson...fall-180977776/

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!