#1 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,263 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 03:23 PM

My wife's brother has been very depressed and even suicidal. He heard somehow that DMT can radically change all that, and my wife spoke up and said we had some interesting experiences with it ourselves. He was astounded and did not believe she knew what she was talking about, but she began talking about how much it changed my life in one experience and he expressed a very strong desire to get some and try it. They had a friend who had something he was calling DMT, but in central Ohio getting real stuff like that is very hard to rely on. I gave her some to take back with her before she left, and he is very close to trying it. 

My question, does anti-depressants like Prozac inhibit the DMT response like it does mushrooms? I am really praying he jumps in with both feet and has a proper experience, but I kind of doubt he will have the fortitude it takes to really go for it, which is what DMT breakthroughs require. Anyone have any input or experience with both? 

#2 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 937 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 05:14 PM

My wife takes Prozac and has tried dmt and changa. She got ZERO effects from either, not even mild effects. Only one person’s experience though, be interesting to see if others have similar.
  • Coopdog and Juthro like this

#3 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,263 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:07 PM

WOW! That is a heartbreaker. My wife doesn't take anything like that, and she burned right through nearly a gram in under an hour trying to blast off like I did, but she has tiny lungs compared to me, and I think she just could not take in enough to get her out of her skin. She finally did though, the second she said screw it I give up WHOOSH she was gone for a good 25 minutes and came back with a helluva story lol. I pray sincerely her brother can do this and have a powerful experience like we did. NO effects whatsoever... can't even imagine that with DMT. 

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,900 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:41 PM

Tell him to sign up for this website, honestly the overall community here has provided me with great amounts of healing in that regard. The drugs are a nice lift out of the darkness but the people and building relationships are what is really of value

• coorsmikey, Coopdog, Juthro and 2 others like this

#5 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,263 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 10:47 PM

He would never even consider that. He don't give a fuck to the extremist level. I think his biggest fear is that he WILL see himself. Like with myself when it happened it will not be a good experience. However, that is what it takes to make deep change. Tomorrow night is the night or not. I told my wife if he doesn't commit give it to his friend who brought all this up with his own life changing experience. I don't care, other than it pained me to part with it in the first place. I have serious doubts he will do what it takes to even get there, and that I am pretty damn sure of. 

Maybe I need to go there and send him welcome vibes... probably not happening, as this stuff is not a playtoy for me. It has deep lasting implications on your life, and I like my life right now despite the challenges.  

Edited by Coopdog, 21 May 2021 - 10:48 PM.

#6 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,900 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 11:20 PM

Yeah sometimes that Jet pack that drugs can give us can go a long way to getting back on ones feet. I certainly had a healing moment where I allowed myself to let go of some things on a high dose of acid and molly.

Having good people to talk to during those trips is the most important part. It can be a nice form of therapy where you don't feel paralyzed by your own thoughts for a while.  One can start to forgive oneself and learn to love him as well

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 21 May 2021 - 11:21 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#7 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,263 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2021 - 12:29 AM

Not at all sure what the hell it does. But almost every single person that shared it and followed instructions had an amazing experience. I found it to be one profound experience, and not to be trifled with much. Ever heard the song by School of Fish, 3 strange days? DMT put me in mind of it even though it only took 25 minutes lol I so pray that he can have that moment... of realization. :)

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#8 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,900 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 08:43 AM

haha hmmm no. I will have to check that song out

It is powerful stuff for sure, hopefully he can break through and see the beauty in life

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:55 AM

He would never even consider that. He don't give a fuck to the extremist level.

Another way to radically transform one's own life (with or without a DMT breakthrough) is to flip that sentiment on its head.

So instead of not giving a fuck to an extremist level (which may be directly connected to his existential struggles) I'd suggest giving a fuck to an extremist level instead. Just to try it out and see if it makes any difference. He can always go back to apathy if giving a fuck doesn't work out any better than not. The Universe may operate on tit-for-tat principles so if we give a fuck about the world and what happens in it then the world might give a fuck about us and what happens to us, too. Or vice-versa.

Being suicidal creates opportunities to try out new things since what is there to lose? I like R. Buckminster Fuller's take on it; the story goes he was standing on a bridge with the intention of jumping off but he imagined that he'd done it instead, then realized that he was now free to do whatever he wanted since his old life no longer held any hold over him, which is probably what most people who commit suicide were really trying to do.

It makes a big difference to re-frame our attitude about life from "I want to die," which probably isn't true at all to "I want a different life," which almost certainly is. DMT seems to help with that; if you want to die and go all the way with DMT then it might give you what you think you want for a while ("You wanna die? Okay, here you go...") which tends to make most people re-think the whole hastening death thing, to put it mildly.

#10 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,263 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 02:51 PM

lol One has to know this guy to understand I guess. He has been the alpha dog his whole life, he's pushy and treats people around him badly and has no remorse for any of that whatsoever. If you even try to talk him back to center it just makes him uglier. This is my wife's oldest brother, and her put me through hell when we were kids because I wasn't bowing to him and he couldn't physically intimidate me either. He had an asshole friend who tried DMT and it changed him immediately, and the effects seemed long lasting. He brought it up to my wife asking if she knew anything about it, and I told him he could try it, and he did. He has bad lungs from smoking cigs most of his life, and ended up coughing so hard he never lifted off. His best friend however had one hell of an experience lol. 

Yeah some people you just can't talk to or guide in any way.  My wife got him approved for medicaid so he could do a phone visit with a doc to get his prozac because he was damn scary for a while there. Like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. 

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#11 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,900 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:26 PM

Trying to learn those social aspects that we lack as adults is a painful and quite often abandoned quest. Most people would rather place the blame on others than do the hard work of looking inside. I hear what your saying, some guys just can't figure out they are their own worst enemy

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!