#1 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2021 - 11:36 PM

So I ordered a Deluxe Pioppino grow kit like two months ago. When I finally got shipping info I ordered a Blue Oyster kit too. The Blue Oyster came right away, which is going to leave me with a nice pile of gourmet Mushrooms. I suspect they will be done about the same time give or take a few days. I will post pics tomorrow and this time spore prints will be collected. 

• Sidestreet, Arathu, Juthro and 5 others like this

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2021 - 01:48 AM

The Blue Oysters are just starting to pin, got them about 3 days ago, the Pioppinos are a little slower, got them about 10 days or more ago. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Pioppino.jpg
  • Blues.jpg

• Sidestreet, Arathu, ElPirana and 2 others like this

#3 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 12:59 AM

Pic 2 of the Pioppinos. The Blue oysters are still bubbling up under the plastic. They grow like crazy once they pop though! Don't these look like some good cubies coming on? I wish they were because this is a big block of substrate.

Attached Thumbnails

• Pioppinos2.jpg

• Sidestreet, Arathu, ElPirana and 4 others like this

#4 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 05:05 PM

Pioppinos looking good! They are almost ready I think. The Blue Oysters have yet to pop thru the plastic cover. Damned if these don't look like cubies lol

Attached Thumbnails

• Pioppino3.jpg

Edited by Coopdog, 25 May 2021 - 05:06 PM.

• Arathu, ElPirana, YoshiTrainer and 3 others like this

#5 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 965 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 05:32 PM

Pioppinos looking good! They are almost ready I think. The Blue Oysters have yet to pop thru the plastic cover. Damned if these don't look like cubies lol

They’re supposed to taste really good. You’ll have to give us some feedback when you try ‘em!
  • Coopdog, Frost and MushLuvR like this

#6 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 919 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:03 PM

Oh my god piopino be looking like shrooms!

• Coopdog, Frost and MushLuvR like this

#7 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:00 AM

Heck yes they do! 

• Moonless, Frost and MushLuvR like this

#8 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:51 PM

Took these down today. Not a very big flush but it's a huge block of substrate so hopefully I will get a few more. Sauteed a handful of them in butter with a dash of oregano sea salt and pepper. They had a delicious nutty flavor and awesome texture after cooking. Damned if they don't look JUST like cubies lol

Attached Thumbnails

• Pioppinos4.jpg

Edited by Coopdog, 26 May 2021 - 02:51 PM.

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher, ElPirana and 3 others like this

#9 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 516 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2021 - 05:37 PM

The flavor of Pioppino's is definitely better than Chestnuts in my opinion.  Taste wonderful in a Mushroom Spaghetti!   :cool:

Beautiful Black Poplars Man, well done... I would grow them Again.   :biggrin:

P1090694.JPG

P1090695.JPG

P1090696.JPG

P1090698.JPG

Edited by MushLuvR, 26 May 2021 - 05:38 PM.

• Coopdog, ElPirana, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#10 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2021 - 12:29 AM

Yes they tasted awesome but I was half afraid I was gonna trip my ass off lol, they sure as hell look like magic ones

• Skywatcher and MushLuvR like this

#11 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2021 - 02:32 PM

Well after waiting almost three months for the Pioppinos to get here, and anxiously awaiting the Blue Oysters to pop up, it appears I have Lions Mane instead. Not too pleased with that additional negative because these were not cheap and I wanted the Blue Oysters for the huge harvest they give. The Pioppinos gave a really small first flush bulk wise so I was really looking forward to the Oysters. I have also read mixed revies as to the flavor and texture of Lions Mane, so not too pleased with the organization of the business. I probably would not have ordered Lions mane, but it looks like that is what's on the menu! 

These grew to this size from a little nub the size of a pencil eraser overnight, so hopefully they will continue to grow fast and bulk up nicely anyhow. 

Attached Thumbnails

• lionsmane.jpg

• Skywatcher, YoshiTrainer, Frost and 1 other like this

#12 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 516 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2021 - 10:22 AM

Yes they tasted awesome but I was half afraid I was gonna trip my ass off lol, they sure as hell look like magic ones

HaHaHa, they do sort of look Cube like... Until you see those rusty brown spores.  

Well after waiting almost three months for the Pioppinos to get here, and anxiously awaiting the Blue Oysters to pop up, it appears I have Lions Mane instead. Not too pleased with that additional negative because these were not cheap and I wanted the Blue Oysters for the huge harvest they give. The Pioppinos gave a really small first flush bulk wise so I was really looking forward to the Oysters. I have also read mixed revies as to the flavor and texture of Lions Mane, so not too pleased with the organization of the business. I probably would not have ordered Lions mane, but it looks like that is what's on the menu! 

These grew to this size from a little nub the size of a pencil eraser overnight, so hopefully they will continue to grow fast and bulk up nicely anyhow. 

You will be pleasantly surprised with Lion's Mane... IME it's easy to get too many real quick.  They flush at least 3 or 4 cycles and best grown with small slits for big fruits.  The first experiment I did was open block and they fruit faster, but a PITA to harvest and smaller fruits.  I like to fold the bag under the block and cut two small slits on the top(one slit on a few for testing purposes) grown in a Martha.  You can grow some really HUGE fruits and the taste is Amazing.  Pan sauted, stir fry, and even breaded and fried or deep fried.  An Amazing mushroom, I've had Coralloides and Erinaceus and not much different taste wise to me(mild flavor, some say Lobster like.. maybe).  

Edited by MushLuvR, 29 May 2021 - 10:24 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#13 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2021 - 03:50 PM

MushLuvR thank you for that information. Here's a funny one for ya. I went and took a picture just now, and lo and behold they are Blue Oysters after all! I feel like such an ass lol. Now I have to go write to Nearby Naturals and tell them my humble apologies! My BAD! :) Looks like it is going to be one hell of a flush too. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Blues1.jpg

• Sidestreet, YoshiTrainer, Auhron and 1 other like this

#14 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 516 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2021 - 07:29 PM

Dang SIR, that is definitely Oysters and a lovely PINSet!  They grow fast and love FAE!

P1090248.JPG

Oyster PINS are my favorite looking starting out!

Edited by MushLuvR, 29 May 2021 - 07:29 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#15 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:31 PM

Mine has grown by a good 30% since this morning! TONS of pins! This is gonna be a beautiful set when done I think.

• Frost and MushLuvR like this

#16 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2021 - 02:30 PM

This is going to be a HUGE batch of mushrooms! There are a lot of shrooms in this pinset for sure! It has doubled easy since yesterday.

Attached Thumbnails

• Blues2.jpg

• ElPirana, rockyfungus, Frost and 1 other like this

#17 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,127 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2021 - 03:49 PM

Yeah buddy!  Looks like dinner to be to me!

• Coopdog and MushLuvR like this

#18 Frost

Frost

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 02:04 AM

Piopinni taste just like pork I reckon. They go well in stir fry or anything else substituting pork.

As-salamu alaykum,

Frosty
  • Coopdog likes this

#19 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 516 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2021 - 09:49 AM

This is going to be a HUGE batch of mushrooms! There are a lot of shrooms in this pinset for sure! It has doubled easy since yesterday.

Wowser Man, that's looking Amazing, that block looks hefty, is that a 7-8 lb block?  

• Coopdog likes this

#20 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2021 - 03:42 PM

MushLuvR it is about 7x11 inches across and about 7 inches deep. Not sure how heavy it is. Todays pic has some of the smaller ones looking kinda brown/gold on top. Not sure what is up with that, maybe some getting squeezed out in the cardboard plate they put on to force clusters. They don't seem bad in any way, just examined them under a good light, they are more gold than blue, could just be some variation in color I guess. It's all the smaller ones which were the last to force themselves up thru the hole. I have been misting this one a little more than the Pink ones because as soon as a few of the pink ones matured they began to dry at the tips. I want to keep these ones supple throughout. I would say maybe I am overmisting but following directions to the T. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Blues3.jpg

Edited by Coopdog, 31 May 2021 - 03:44 PM.

• ElPirana, YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!