4 replies to this topic

#1 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,489 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:03 PM

Temperatures are roughly 69F-85F for the last week or so. Flooding rains a few times a week for several weeks. These are growing on top of an old sheet of OSB covered in oak detritus. The only thing I can think they could be from me dumping things are Semperviva, but I don’t believe they are. The caramel nature of the stems and caps make any potential bruising very difficult to see. I’m pretty sure this is just a native wood lover I’ve never noticed before.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2B1D0F40-8D76-41D6-A2F7-DE92A9652E4E.jpeg
  • 2C2350C1-44E9-4090-900F-EEF6D0709264.jpeg

• TVCasualty likes this

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,483 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2021 - 08:52 AM

Did you get a good workup on these JR? Prints? Gill shots?

A

#3 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2021 - 11:49 AM

That's pretty cool whether they're active or not!

But I wouldn't eat them if they are psilocybes since I'd be too concerned about the bio-accumulation of potentially toxic substances from the OSB as it contains a lot of adhesive resin (same goes for plywood and particle board). There are a few different types of resins used in making those products and I wouldn't want any of them or their byproducts from decomposition in my mushrooms!

#4 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,489 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2021 - 05:23 PM

I didn’t get good identifiers. I should have been more diligent. I’ve never tried to identify wild mushrooms.

I felt the same about the OSB, though I think they were mostly growing on the oak. The OSB works very well to preserve moisture though. Food for thought for outdoor attempts when summer ends.

Edited by Jrotten, 15 June 2021 - 05:25 PM.

#5 Alan Rockefeller

Alan Rockefeller

Mycologist

• OG VIP
  • 2,082 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2021 - 02:02 AM

Tubaria furfuracea

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!