• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 01:04 PM

Being familiar with making Lion's mane double extraction tincture, I wonder if anyone has any experience concerning Cubensis 30-35% tincture dosages and applications.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#2 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2021 - 02:45 PM

Have you already created this tincture? I know there is a ethanol extraction thread and much info on water extraction of cubes. I'd guess it'd work nicely for micro-macro dosing purposes. As for dosage, I'd guess divide the weight of your initial product (mushrooms) by the end volume to give you a range. Or just try a single drop and see what that does for you.

Good luck!
  • EYMAIOS likes this

#3 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:03 AM

Have you already created this tincture? I know there is a ethanol extraction thread and much info on water extraction of cubes. I'd guess it'd work nicely for micro-macro dosing purposes. As for dosage, I'd guess divide the weight of your initial product (mushrooms) by the end volume to give you a range. Or just try a single drop and see what that does for you.

Good luck!

YoshiTrainer,

I am seriously working on it since I have found an advanced method for double extraction tincture as presented in the link below:

https://www.youtube....TvaNcPEqw&t=28s

The method applied in the video is perfect and accurate for any kind of medicinal mushroom, and not only for Lion Manes as shown.

What is important beyond this elaborate profecional presentation, is that is very informative about the calculations involved to achieve the proper ethanol percentage.

This way the required active ingredient is controled per drop absolutely, beyond any doubts and amateur experimentation.
Of course to begin extraction, we need a considerable quantity of fresh or dry shrooms to work with.

It takes a period of min two, to six weeks max, to attain a long lasting tincture that is safe accurate and friendly to use.

In the video was shown a special hydraulic press used for the ethanol extraction. No need to use such a rare tool. With some impovisation any cheap mini hydraulic press can be used for this perfect straining.

The final strained byproduct was discarded as containing no actives at all.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#4 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:04 AM

Edited by EYMAIOS, 01 June 2021 - 02:07 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!