Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Experienced eyes please - Myc or Early Trich?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VibrationalAlchemy

VibrationalAlchemy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 02:04 PM

Hello, I know this is a boring noob question,  so thank you for taking the time to answer.

I have some cakes in the FC, Costa Rican Cubes.  One 1/4  pint is fruiting, and the other half pints are all pinning, fruiting   Had some fuzzy myc show up on one, seems to be on top of some forming pins.  

I isolated it from the other cakes in its own little chamber in order not spread incase it turned green.

I noticed it at least 18 hours ago (and was probably there longer than that), and it hasn't turned green, so prob not trich right?  

‚ÄčI wouldn't think it is from environmental conditions because none of the other cakes have anything like it.

Does this look like its myc or something else?  

Thanks for lending me your eyes.  :blink:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7273.jpg
  • IMG_7272.PNG
  • IMG_7271.JPG
  • IMG_7274.JPG

• MushLuvR likes this

#2 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 8,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2021 - 03:00 PM

Hi VA,

I didn't see anything concerning--a little fuzz but it doesn't look like trich.  For the next flush, though, your cakes might like it if you roll them in damp verm, so that it sticks to the sides of the cakes.  Not having done this, the cake that you put into the separate container might be happier than the other cakes.

Also, did you dunk them before putting them into fruiting conditions?

Edited by Sidestreet, 30 May 2021 - 03:01 PM.

• MushLuvR likes this

#3 VibrationalAlchemy

VibrationalAlchemy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 04:19 PM

Hi VA,

I didn't see anything concerning--a little fuzz but it doesn't look like trich.  For the next flush, though, your cakes might like it if you roll them in damp verm, so that it sticks to the sides of the cakes.  Not having done this, the cake that you put into the separate container might be happier than the other cakes.

Also, did you dunk them before putting them into fruiting conditions?

Oh thats good news.  Thanks.. my mind is at ease  I will dunk and roll them before the next flush.

I didn't dunk before putting into the FC.  They are manure, BRF, and verm.  I was preparing Waylit's pan TEK and had leftover sub, so I just threw it in some small jars, PCed, and nocced it up with cube spores.

My thinking was that the manure should still have plenty of moisture for the first flush... and since they were pinning in vitro I just thought I should let them go for it.  I have read many different opinions on dunking before the first flush.  I don know where I got this idea, but I thought that manure would hold more moisture than standard BRF/verm cakes.... maybe I made that up.... 

Do you see a noticeable difference dunking before 1st flush?  

Also, curious why you say the lone cake would be happier in it's own space?  In regards to microclimate?  

~Many thanks 

Edited by VibrationalAlchemy, 30 May 2021 - 04:30 PM.

#4 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 8,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2021 - 06:41 PM

Do you see a noticeable difference dunking before 1st flush?  

Also, curious why you say the lone cake would be happier in it's own space?  In regards to microclimate?

The cakes are noticeably heavier after dunking, because they have soaked up a lot of water.  I would say the available water makes a big difference but it's been a loooong time since I went without dunking.

Yeah, I think the lone cake will do better because of the small container, as long as it gets enough fresh air.

That's cool that you used manure for those.  The one time I tried doing manure in PF cakes it was a disaster!

• VibrationalAlchemy and MushLuvR like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!