• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 07:41 PM

It has occurred to me that with all these fancy teks we are using to grow our favorite mushroom we've isolated them from Earth's vibes, specifically its natural frequency. So I'm trying to reintroduce those frequencies to my tek by putting a CD player into my grow tent that will play a loop tuned to 32.17 and 40 hz. I'll use Audicity to create the loop and store the file to an SD card or burn it to a CD. Until the player comes in I placed the jars around my computer's speakers and played those frequencies to them. It didn't take long before I noticed an increase in condensation and mycelia growth. Over the course of less than a day what would have taken another two days to complete colonization is now almost complete. I think I'm on to something... The unfortunate part is I'm at the end of colonizing some grain for my next tub but that doesn't mean I can't continue the music with the upcoming tub much less future grows. Stay tuned...

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 05 June 2021 - 07:52 PM.

• phlegmbae, Arathu, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#2 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:01 PM

Hmmm.

I like the way you think.
Awesome experiment, I'd be very interested to see what you rig up and hear what exactly you are playing them. As well as the results. You should run 2 jars all the way through. Using sound for one and your old way for the other.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#3 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:42 PM

My exploration started with my nephews observations  of his grain jars when playing music tuned to 432 hz. Fog would form in the jars and that piqued my interest. That led to me finding this site https://onlinetonege...auralbeats.html and reading the comments under the Binaural Beat Generator tab. So I thought why not... Now it looks like the grain will be ready for spawning by tomorrow instead of at least two more days.

Oh, I agree, more tests need to be conducted to verify the results. The thing is I've already got so many jars of colonized grain in storage for future G2G projects. But 2 more wouldn't be all that of a big deal in the interest of psyince...

• Arathu, Skywatcher, OldBear and 1 other like this

#4 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 07:52 AM

The second half of the experiment, spawning to sub, has begun in my cheesecloth TEK thread so follow it there. I'll eventually get around to doing the experiment from inoculation to final flush on this thread.
  • PaceArrow likes this

#5 PaceArrow

PaceArrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:20 PM

Thank you for posting your experiment!

Here are results of a fascinating study on the effects of various kinds of sound inputs on the growth of grey oyster mushroom mycelium, pinning and fruit bodies: https://www.matec-co...c2017_01054.pdf. Should be applicable to magical mushrooms as well, I imagine. 

In response to the article I just downloaded a loop recording of thunderstorm and rain sounds and am playing them in my growing closet as I write..

• bezevo and OldBear like this

#6 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 12:16 AM

I got the player today and tried using it but don't know if the player has the sound range to work with those low frequencies without help from external speakers. I couldn't hear anything from the built in speakers.

I got some bad news today that has turned my life upside down so follow ups might be disrupted for a while until it gets sorted out.

• phlegmbae likes this

#7 PaceArrow

PaceArrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 02:02 AM

I got the player today and tried using it but don't know if the player has the sound range to work with those low frequencies without help from external speakers. I couldn't hear anything from the built in speakers.

I got some bad news today that has turned my life upside down so follow ups might be disrupted for a while until it gets sorted out.

I hope things turn around for you with ease and grace in all the ways you hope for and need, FunnyFarmer..

• phlegmbae and FunnyFarmer like this

#8 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 12:08 AM

Thanks Pace. My step mother died from a fall and now I have to take over my father's affairs who is deeply suffering from Alzheimer's. All things being equal this is probably an easier transition than some people have had to deal with. I think the one thing that's helped the most is the shrooms, only because they helped take me out of a lifetime of depression. Not the trips but the transformation they brought about in my brain chemistry. I'll probably make time for a light trip in the near future but not until the worse of the busy work is out of the way. I'll need it to decompress.

I did manage to get some "music" going with one tub but not the frequency combination I wanted. The file I made up doesn't seem to want to work on the player, at least not that I can hear. Then again the speakers may not be capable of playing those low frequencies. So I'm playing a DMT file I downloaded for the time being. For all I know it might work better... Not surprisingly I haven't noticed any activity yet. Stay tuned shroomies!

• Arathu, OldBear and PaceArrow like this

#9 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:51 AM

I have also considered grounding rods and mats too. Good stuff Farmer.......

A

• phlegmbae and OldBear like this

#10 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:03 PM

I'm five days into the grow now. So on the sound isolated tub with cheesecloth I've got some spotty growth started under the cloth but really too early to tell if the shrooms will grow on top of it. The other tub with sound and plastic canvas on half I can see one corner starting under the canvas but nothing in the uncovered area yet. It's encouraging that the growth started under the plastic which I was hoping would create a micro-climate. Now to see if it will fruit on top of the plastic.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 10 June 2021 - 04:38 PM.

#11 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 304 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:40 AM

I got a little respite in taking care of the death in the family. For anyone interested in trying this method I made a sound file you can download here: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

#12 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:22 PM

Wow! This is a low frequency vibe. Sounds spacey. Is that popping like a needle on a scratched record sound supposed to be part of it? 

Edited by phlegmbae, 11 June 2021 - 02:25 PM.

#13 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 304 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:55 PM

It's where I joined the files together to lengthen it. The original was maybe 3 minutes long so I copied/pasted it together using Audicity. Every once in a while the two frequencies wouldn't line up close enough, that's the pop.

I was stumped as to why I couldn't hear the file on the player then looked up the frequency response of the speakers and discovered they didn't go that low. Need a higher quality speaker to play those frequencies. So I looked for a 432hz  video on Youtube and playing that to them. Oh well...

• phlegmbae likes this

#14 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:59 PM

It seems that the sound file didn't have any effect on the one tub, it's lagging behind the other by quite a bit. In the meantime I stopped the player and will observe to see how it reacts. It could be related to the frequency response of the speakers, those low frequencies I can get with the computer speakers just couldn't be matched by the player's built-in speakers. I'm gonna need better speakers that don't take up a lot of room. With all that being said I think it has potential for grain colonization from what little exposure it got.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 12 June 2021 - 08:19 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!