1 reply to this topic

#1 Cosmicwave

Cosmicwave

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 12:31 PM

what's up guys, all in peace?
I'm doing this post to tell you a little about a madness that happened to me recently.
A little over a month ago, I inoculated some of the grain left over from a previous crop in a damp cardboard. Without much pretense, I introduced the cardboard in the middle of some creeping plants here at home. After that, I went traveling and stayed a few weeks in another state. When I returned, to my surprise, I noticed the presence of some contaminants, but also the growth of a vigorous mycelium. The cardboard was very damp (which must have been a delight for the bacteria) because the gardener soaked the plants and even several of them died. So I thought: oh, this won't do, but I'm not giving up. I left it there for another week and decided to open the grass for better evaporation. A few days later, I went to water the plants and found two cute cubensis at the harvest point. To sum up, I made delicious tea with them and a few others I drank. It was a very beautiful trip, although not a very intense one. But better than the reward was the insight I had. How can I spend so much money on grain and stuff like that if I can do it extremely cheaply and without having to provide assistance?! It didn't rain and it was very sunny. I don't know if it would be for everyone, but for my city it seems incredible. Some time ago, I saw in a post by a guy who said that we can grow any mushroom in any climate, as long as we know how to relate to the projected microclimate, and analyze nature as a fungus, not as a human being full of uncertain certainties. I will do more tests before I have a conclusion on the subject, but this seems like a paradigm shift. I'd like to hear your opinion... Ah, I almost forgot, I'm Brazilian, which can have a big difference between our results...

obs: if something was strange in my english, I ask for forgiveness... I'm improving, but I still need a lot of google translator. But if you need any explanation, just ask hehe.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG-20210607-WA00261.jpeg

• Skywatcher and YoshiTrainer like this

#2 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,241 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:17 PM

Congratulations on your harvest! It is very nice that your experiment worked out, hopefully it'll continue!
  • Cosmicwave likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!