11 replies to this topic

#1 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:28 PM

Hello All,

My mono tub had quit fruiting about a week ago so I stopped tending to it so it could dry out and I could try to dunk it.

Well now I got this and to me it looks an awful lot like pinning but I am not sure.

Thoughts? I think this would be the hyphal knot stage?

F5A0D16B-D1D5-45A8-B65C-F83938F085ED.jpeg
A489E417-5551-4911-BC09-79949D684827.jpeg

It’s great if I get to skip th dunk step and it had enough moisture to restart on its own.

Should I just leave this bad boy alone for another week and then open the top again to start FAE?

I just started three other tubs so also don’t want anything bad growing in the same vicinity.

Any help would be appreciated!

Should I just leave it alone? Should I introduce more moisture then seal back up?

Again my intention was to dry it out so obviously didn’t add extra mositure before.

Edited by HawksTwelfth, 09 June 2021 - 12:39 PM.

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,279 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:35 PM

Hello All,

My mono tub had quit fruiting about a week ago so I stopped tending to it so it could dry out and I could try to dunk it.

Why would you want your sub to dry out?

How does it smell?

That stuff doesn't look like cubensis pins to me; is that what it's supposed to be?

I'd probably be moving that one outside. You might get another flush after a heavy rain or a good soaking from a hose.

• HawksTwelfth and MushLuvR like this

#3 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:41 PM

Hello All,

How does it smell?

That stuff doesn't look like cubensis pins to me; is that what it's supposed to be?

I'd probably be moving that one outside. You might get another flush after a heavy rain or a good soaking from a hose.

No off putting smell.

This was my first run and after it stopped fruiting I guess I figured you left it alone until it was dry.

I have an extremely small space right now so setting aside may be tough but I could stick it in a closet maybe?

#4 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:42 PM

Hello All,

How does it smell?

Also these are ONLY on one end of my tub from both corners which is kinda odd.

#5 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,279 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:48 PM

I'd really try to get it outside if I were you.

If it's a contaminant then it's probably close to sporulating, and my guess is that it's probably a contaminant.

In the future, dunk subs as soon as you harvest a flush. There is no benefit to letting them dry out.

• phlegmbae, HawksTwelfth and MushLuvR like this

#6 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 01:49 PM

I'd really try to get it outside if I were you.

If it's a contaminant then it's probably close to sporulating, and my guess is that it's probably a contaminant.

In the future, dunk subs as soon as you harvest a flush. There is no benefit to letting them dry out.

I had misread your previous quote thought you said it did like like cubes, I have moved it outside and will let it run its course for a bit see what happens.

Thanks!
  • MushLuvR likes this

#7 Salem

Salem

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 09:10 AM

Did you use rye berries as a spawn? almost looks like seedlings!

• HawksTwelfth and MushLuvR like this

#8 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 10:08 AM

That could be a PIN Mold of some sort... Good job sending that Outside.  It does look like seedlings or something, but yeah... "Something ain't stirring the kool aid Man"  

• HawksTwelfth likes this

#9 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 10:19 AM

Did you use rye berries as a spawn? almost looks like seedlings!

no i used white millet

#10 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 10:20 AM

That could be a PIN Mold of some sort... Good job sending that Outside. It does look like seedlings or something, but yeah... "Something ain't stirring the kool aid Man"

Ya I am glad I got good advice above about pulling it before it spread to my other tubs, which are going really well.... see my other post about my second grow got some good pictures going. My Mazatapec are taking off like no ones business in the colonization stage pretty crazy.

Attached Thumbnails

• AD1341DE-3E8A-49F3-902A-0C35B71B57F6.jpeg

Edited by HawksTwelfth, 12 June 2021 - 10:47 AM.

• Sidestreet, TVCasualty and phlegmbae like this

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,279 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2021 - 11:39 AM

Nice! That looks like very happy mycelium.

• Sidestreet and HawksTwelfth like this

#12 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 11:18 AM

Daily update day 6:

Change day to day on maz:
495F2384-C307-493B-9D9C-8A25F5C581F8.jpeg CDB1FD05-0AC9-447D-B1A9-B245CD0B985A.jpeg

Change day to day on GT:
4B35E624-4EDD-4B47-9C2B-A1E790982515.jpeg 9226868B-635E-4A5C-B491-AA9AAB751745.jpeg
  • TVCasualty likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!