11 replies to this topic

#1 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,753 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2021 - 03:59 AM

Not really sure what to do.. where to go... or who to vent too.....

Last couple years have been trying to say the least. Lots of family issues lots of stress and some messed up health issues that are confusing and they are still trying to figure out...

Anyhow I've been through alot. Working through it.

But I'm in a fucked up mind state, horrible position.

About 2 weeks ago, I was out with the family Jeeping, fishing, camping, shooting for the old lady's birthday. We were out on the boondocks. No service this time we took the the pit bulls and Doberman with us. We usually leave a guard dog at home but we're going for a week long trip. So couldn't leave one home...

Quick details. For the last few years I ran a mom and pop business selling plants. Ran it off my Facebook, website and eBay.

Anyhow I let the site and email laps this year due to family issues. And the week of my partners birthday someone bought $$ my old domain name/procured my email Addy. Hacked my.facebook account and proceeded to rob my house. They changed my password and email address and phone numbers to recover my account.

The plants, guns and vehicles are mute. What fucking kills me is my Facebook account... and how I absolutely fucked up Saving all my photos there. I've been able to recover most of my photos except the birth of my 2 daughter. Every flipping photo is now stuck on Facebook.

Facebook won't help me, I've messenged two people about Facebook recovery hacking and have even dished out alot of money.... over $600cdn and they keep asking for more.. saying they need more tools... the hacking software is weak. I'm pretty sure I am being scammed.. but I'm still ready to dish out more...

What the fuck do I do... I'd probably keep dumping money to get those few hundred photos back... I'm just fucking broken and don't know where to go from here.

Maybe someone on these forums is more computer literate than myself or maybe one of you knows someone or some way to recover Facebook accounts.. maybe someone has been through something similar

Fuck I just want my flipping daughters birth photos back.

I really fucked up...

SkunkedWorks

Edited by skunk, 19 June 2021 - 04:00 AM.

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 808 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 04:57 AM

I really don't know what practical advice I could give re: getting your photos back.

Just really sorry to hear this happened to you, I can hardly imagine how bad this sucks.

Hope someone can help.

• skunk likes this

#3 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2021 - 08:31 AM

Fuck, that sucks.

My impression is that it's someone who knows you. Not necessarily a friend or close acquaintance but someone who likely knew about your past business and what you had at home. And what your schedule would be, apparently. The fact that you got hacked AND had stuff stolen from your home suggests it's local (i.e., not hackers working remotely). That might help track them down.

If you have the budget then pretty much any hacking or counter-hacking service is available on the dark web, but that could become a rabbit hole you end up regretting diving into.

If nothing else I'd be "spamming" the hell out of Facebook as hard as possible, sending emails to customer service or whatever they call the place where issue go to be ignored until they decide that answering you is cheaper than blowing you off. I got an insurance claim settled for a broken windshield only after getting to the point where I was calling their office every 10 minutes to ask if my check was on the way yet.

And in case anyone else reading this is still using FB, here's yet another reason among thousands why no one should.

• Myc and Arathu like this

#4 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,753 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2021 - 11:02 AM

Fuck, that sucks.

My impression is that it's someone who knows you. Not necessarily a friend or close acquaintance but someone who likely knew about your past business and what you had at home. And what your schedule would be, apparently. The fact that you got hacked AND had stuff stolen from your home suggests it's local (i.e., not hackers working remotely). That might help track them down.

If you have the budget then pretty much any hacking or counter-hacking service is available on the dark web, but that could become a rabbit hole you end up regretting diving into.

If nothing else I'd be "spamming" the hell out of Facebook as hard as possible, sending emails to customer service or whatever they call the place where issue go to be ignored until they decide that answering you is cheaper than blowing you off. I got an insurance claim settled for a broken windshield only after getting to the point where I was calling their office every 10 minutes to ask if my check was on the way yet.

And in case anyone else reading this is still using FB, here's yet another reason among thousands why no one should.

Ya most definitely someone who knew about my business and what i was selling. The police were absolutely no help what do ever... they filed a repot, took down serial numbers. Got a call early this week they recovered thw abandoned vehicle. They didn't even look for prints or anything. I ended up having to pay the tow bill and impound fees to recover our vehicle. Unfortunately we didn't have theft on our vehicles ..

It's hard to know what avenues to pursue when it comes to hacking and the darkweb... and finding someone who can actually deliver. The 2 I've tried seems to be a scam continually saying they need more money to buy tools and software... just seems like a newer ending cycle and money grab. But again I'm not a hacker and dont completely understand thw processes.

Facebook I've been messaging multiple emails. And haven't received any reply. Even send proper ID as requested and nothing... flipping Facebook has absolutely no customer service. They don't offer a product; in all reality we users are the product for their data collection so why offer customer support.. most definitely Facebook is garbage. Had close to 14 years of photos and videos stored there. That was a horrible mistake

Guess I'll keep spamming Facebook emails and hopefully someone will gwr back to me

Skunk

SkunkedWorks

#5 tinman3913

tinman3913

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, this fucking sucks!

Very sorry but I can offer no suggestions as my computer literacy pretty much stops at writing in forums.

I just wanted to say I cannot imagine having to go thru this and send a bit of compassion your way.

Keep your chin up!

#6 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,267 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2021 - 02:47 PM

There is no customer service at facebook. We are not customers, we are the product. I sure feel for you man. I was way late to the social media game, and have been hating it for a while now. However it is practically the only way to keep in touch with old friends and family nowadays. I recently paid about 145 bucks to have all my photos there made into an awesome hardbound book. It also includes any caption you put on them, and I am very glad I did it because I realized like you, that this was the only place all these photos are now. Been through 3-4 computers and I am sure someone can get my photos off of them, but always been members of some... uhhh... less than legal sites like this one, so don't want to give someone open invitation to dig through my rather colorful past either. Good luck with that man, sometimes you just have to cut your losses and call it done. 

• skunk and Mycol like this

#7 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2021 - 03:53 PM

Sorry about your luck, Skunk.   That is some seriously shitty news.

If I was to speculate, I would say someone used FB to profile you. From the pictures you've posted over the years they knew you had things of value, and that you would likely be celebrating away from home for several days surrounding your wifes B-day.  The fact that your FB account was jacked, at the same time your place got robbed, and that someone also purchased the domain name of your web site makes me think that this is more then just a cash grab. 

To me it sounds like it's something personal, and that someone is trying to hurt you more then they are trying to profit off of you.

I hope you get your photo's back brother, and that whoever did this to you get's it back 10 fold in the karma department for their shitty deeds.

Peace to you friend.

Edited by Juthro, 19 June 2021 - 03:55 PM.

• skunk likes this

#8 Mycol

Mycol

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 10:00 PM

Can you tell us everything they stole physically is there something odd or unique?

There’s nothing worse than a thief, sorry this is happening to you .
  • skunk likes this

#9 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,753 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2021 - 07:36 AM

It was most definitely targeted. I'm assuming off my Facebook business page. The weekend (Same day) my account was hacked. My website domain name wad purchased for 1 years. Which procured them my attached business email address. Which they used to reset my my passwords and change associated phone numbers and recovery email Addys.

As to what they took, the majority was plant related and all Cacti (Trichocereus and lophophora), a few items of opportunitie (2 guns that were on a work bench on the gun room , 3 compound bow in the same room. And our family vehicle that thsy used to haul all the stuff away with. They did try breaking into my gun safe but luckly were unable to.

They left thousands $$ worth of tools which would have been am easy Cash grab. So that leads me to believe it was plant (Cactus Related) and the rest were opptunities .

The family vehicle was recovered a few kms from my house on the Rez abandoned.

With the finding of the van on the rez, I keep thinking about thw group that came by the house to view a modified jeep we sold a few months back. It was a weird situation. Some lady messaged to come view it and test drive it. When she arrived 10 people piled out of her vehicle to test drive the jeep. To say the least they didn't look like upstanding people. Unfortunately i can't get contact info from my messenger as i don't ha e access to my account

In the end I could care less what was stolen just bugs me about the stuff I can't replace such as the photos. My only hope is when the domain name expires in a year. I can buy the domain procure the email and recover my account that way..

It's a horrible situation. If anyone is like me, who stores photos on Facebook please make other arrangements to store your precious memories in a safer more secure location...

SkunkedWorks

#10 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,112 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2021 - 10:10 AM

Message me or even email me @mycotopia.net if I need to change any of your credentials here. Fortunately for the mean time that has to be done by staff but once that gets fixed anyone with access to your email could take your account.

One a side note, if said thief is not smart about it and perhaps too greedy. They might not have listed the domain as private and you could look up who the current owner is. Even listed as private you or someone investigating the situation could try and buy and at the very least get the domain and email back or even possibly it could lead LEO to the dumb ass that ripped you off. Of course this all based on the idea that you aren't dealing with someone that knows what they are doing. To me its sounds like less of a hack and that the thief probably got access to a password and other info while burglarizing you then with that info, they were able to get access to other accounts. 

• skunk likes this

#11 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,753 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2021 - 03:27 PM

Message me or even email me @mycotopia.net if I need to change any of your credentials here. Fortunately for the mean time that has to be done by staff but once that gets fixed anyone with access to your email could take your account.

One a side note, if said thief is not smart about it and perhaps too greedy. They might not have listed the domain as private and you could look up who the current owner is. Even listed as private you or someone investigating the situation could try and buy and at the very least get the domain and email back or even possibly it could lead LEO to the dumb ass that ripped you off. Of course this all based on the idea that you aren't dealing with someone that knows what they are doing. To me its sounds like less of a hack and that the thief probably got access to a password and other info while burglarizing you then with that info, they were able to get access to other accounts.

I looked into buying the site. Explained myself to the tech at the domain provider I used. There was an option to get a broker to try and broker a deal to aquire the site and emails. But when digging Into it. The domain which has the attached email was purchased for 1 year the same day my account and home was robbed ...the tech guy advised against hiring someone to buy it as obviously there is no coincidence having the site purchased the same day.

Police weren't concerned at the least . And well juat filled a repot. Even the family vehicle they didn't even give it a once over b4 turning it back over to me. Pathetic... while I have nothing to hide. The police did such a poor job of investigating they didn't even notice my indoor garden under the stairs. Neither did the thrifts though luckily that contained alot of my very collectable specimens.

While they got a good load of plants.... over the years I've accumulated a few thousand plants from growing, grafting and other means of propagating.. so plants are really negelatable.. I still have enough cacti for a life time.. I'm super glad they didn't find my collection of Lophophora/Lophophora Williamsii seedlings ---》 for the past 4 years since my 2 younger children were Born I've been sowing seeds on their birthdays. So those are pretty close to my heart. Have batches sown when they were born and evey birthdays there forth.

It's sad for ths dogs... from now on 2 of them will be staying at the house when we go out. Have to switch them up each outting.

I've changed all my email and account settings for what could be effected. I haven't been on here in a while and had trouble remembering my old password...

SkunkedWorks

#12 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 953 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2021 - 05:21 PM

I heard a segment on NPR today about people having trouble trying to get their Facebook accounts back after they are hacked. Facebook has essentially NO customer service.

At the end of the segment, they mentioned that people are making a purchase of oculus (whose parent company is Facebook), then getting customer service from them, easily fixing their accounts. Then they are returning the in-opened VR headsets.

Maybe worth a try if you’re still having trouble.

Hope things are looking up for you skunk!
  • FLASHINGROOSTER and Mycol like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!