28 replies to this topic

#21 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,230 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2021 - 05:16 PM

Thank you for offering us your report Bmmjb! Im glad to hear the procedure works, even if not exactly as you'd hoped. It seems pretty easy and low tech compared to other procedures. Is there much difference in feeling between citrate, HCl or sulfate salts?

Good luck with your next try!

#22 bmmjb

bmmjb

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 08:01 PM

This is Bridgesii.  I would say the experience was similar to other Bridgesii experiences. 

My experiments have been mostly with hcl.  If I don't clean the hcl extract from Bridgesii - visually it's tan to off white, the experiences are similar.

Different strains give different results if not cleaned.  If I do full cleaning, the results are similar.

I really like this tek.  I'll be trying it again in the near future with some fat blue peruvianus cuttings that have have been laying around.

I see the tek has been updated, and I'll follow that to the T.

• YoshiTrainer and Loveall like this

#23 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,107 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2021 - 08:46 PM

Pretty sure I have a FOF w/a nice sized San Pedro? Might need to take some beers and tequila along to see if I can get some cuttings? :)

Just bring the Ethylene Acetate and some basic skills, I have they rest already. You just have to help clean up the kitchen before ya leave lol

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#24 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,230 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2021 - 08:56 PM

Pretty sure I have a FOF w/a nice sized San Pedro? Might need to take some beers and tequila along to see if I can get some cuttings? :)

Just bring the Ethylene Acetate and some basic skills, I have they rest already. You just have to help clean up the kitchen before ya leave lol

I'm on my way! :)

#25 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,230 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2021 - 09:20 PM

I see the tek has been updated, and I'll follow that to the T.

Thanks to Loveall for the update. It makes a some sections clearer and presents a few of the options they tested.
  • Loveall likes this

#26 Loveall

Loveall

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 10:29 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for your interest in this process. Also, thanks for welcoming me here.

bmmjb, I have done this process once with whole cacti. Started with a fresh bridgesii hybrid: chopped, dried (food dehydrator), and ground to a powder (spines and all). Yield was 0.8%, the product was somewhat tacky (stil easy to handle/scrapable) , not as crystalline as what I get from pachanoi outer skin.

We think (based on a few experiments) that to help get the long needles form from, breaking down the paste with a microwave treatment and chilled solvent pulls could be helpful (they should make a cleaner extract). Also, letting the citric acid slowly diffuse in the extract (instead of stirring/shaking to dissolve) could be helpful.

One open question is what kind of mescaline citrate salt is forming? We know that the + ion in the salt is "very clean mescaline" thanks to Benzyme's mass spec analysis, but we don't know the ratio of citric acid to mescaline molecules. It could be 1:1, 1:2, or 1:3 (same as the sodium citrate salt family). Compared to HCl, potency would be 62%, 81%, and 90% respectively. Also, if the salt forms a hydrate the potency by weight could be a little lower. We are running experiments to try to figure out which salt is forming, will keep you posted.

Good luck trying this process out, looking forward to any results and will be happy to try to help with questions. Cheers
  • bezevo, newmoon and YoshiTrainer like this

#27 bmmjb

bmmjb

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 11:34 PM

Thanks Loveall.

I did stir my experiment, and the result was clear and tacky.  No crystals at all, perhaps water ice when I froze and filtered it.  It was sticky.  Not really gooey though.  Bridgesii was used because there is lots of it and it is consistent.

I'll post more detailed notes on my my next try and pay more attention to weight.  All my starting materials were those identified in your tek other than the cactus. 

My thought is to use the microwave process, and chilled ethyl acetate and a pachanoi monstrose to try to control for the starting material.

The long crystals result, be it 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3 would be most most rewarding.  Even if that doesn't happen, the tek is solid IME.

• YoshiTrainer and Loveall like this

#28 Loveall

Loveall

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 02:38 PM

bmmjb, did you freeze after the clouds form? We have been letting the clouds settle at room or fridge temps. Room temp has been working well.

Only time I freeze is (1) before pulling is if I'm doing the chilled pulls or (2) after salting during the solvent reclaim.

After you try your next run with chilled pulls, you can do a warm pull on the spent paste, see if there is anything left. That would be an interesting check. Also, it seems like chilled pulls can be shaken/stirred aggressively without solvent being caught in the paste.

Good luck!
  • bezevo and YoshiTrainer like this

#29 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,190 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2021 - 03:16 PM

Yoshi   Started a thread were he compared an AB  extract to the Citrate one we've been disusing .

bellow s link ....

Thanks Yoshi

https://mycotopia.ne...l/#entry1488800

BEZ

Edited by bezevo, 14 August 2021 - 04:50 PM.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!