• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 07:10 AM

So I had BRF cakes that I couldnt get out of the mason jars so I broke them up and threw them in with  my normal substrate mix.... coir/verm and put them in my grow room not really expecting much. This is what I ended up with... once I saw pins forming I moved it into some light. Pretty happy with the result esp when I wasnt sure it would produce at all.

Attached Thumbnails

• pic.jpg

• skunk, ElPirana, Salty117 and 1 other like this

#2 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 08:33 AM

Nice! job I've considered spawning to BRF to ultimately break it down into substrate, I'm glad to see it worked well for you 

#3 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 10:28 AM

Salty- Thank you! Nothing like waking up to some fruits!

• Salty117 likes this

#4 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 10:33 AM

You got that right lol

#5 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 11:26 AM

Salty- I saw the pics you posted... pretty awesome stuff. I have only grown cubes myself and have been planning on giving exotics a go in the near future. I just need to procure some prints/LC/ spore syringe lol Keep us posted on how the grow comes out id love to see!!

• Salty117 likes this

#6 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 11:34 AM

Thanks! I'm excited to see how it goes as well, I'll certainly be sharing my progress as things move along  :biggrin:

#7 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 09:47 AM

So I noticed some blue spots forming... I don't think its contam I believe its just bruising. Major side pins!! Looks like it will be a decent haul though. I feel like some of the mushrooms just stopped growing though. Ill keep an eye on them and see how this plays out. If any of you see something Im not in the pic please point it out I'm no pro so I may be completely wrong about the blue spots. There is no funky smells or anything like that so that is what led me to believe its just bruising. Ok enjoy the holiday everyone--- keep spreading the love!!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4308.jpg

• Sidestreet likes this

#8 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 710 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2021 - 12:27 PM

Keep an eye on it. The fruits look pretty good though.

I've noticed if water drips from the lid onto the mycelium it leaves a discolored spot. Or if you picked a fruit it will bruise around it.

#9 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,249 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2021 - 01:04 PM

how to easly tell if its bruising or contam

take Q-Tiip rubb the blue spot gently if  color rubs off on Q-tip its  contam if not iits bruising ........Ta Da

• phlegmbae likes this

#10 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 01:05 PM

Thank you Ill give that a shot

#11 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 06:51 PM

The larger tub doesnt look so good anymore but my goodness did that produce and continues too!! The rest of the pics are of a few freshies drying, cakes on their 2nd run and a tub Ill prob harvest in the next few days... 

All B+..... I can say this was the easiest grow I have endured. I feel like this is what any beginner should start with or goldens. I have never got great pin sets but that large tub has had quite a few. I prob pulled just about 28g dry prob more and in the next few days prob pull the same. I didnt expect anything going in and ended up with my best grow to date lol...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4340.jpg
  • IMG_4341.jpg
  • IMG_4342.jpg
  • IMG_4343.jpg
  • IMG_4344.jpg

• Sidestreet, ElPirana and Salty117 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!