17 replies to this topic

#1 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 07:29 PM

Hello All,

Some of you know I got my second grow off the ground and now have harvested some Golden Teachers and some Mazatapecs.

Yesterday I tied out the Golden Teachers for the first time.

I did the same exact weight that I did recently with some Maui Platinum's for comparison. which was 11 .15 gram pills or 1.65 grams.

I will say they were a bit stronger than the Platinum's and the trip lasted probably an hour or so longer 3.5-4 hrs.

Very nice full closed eye visuals with some open eye waking visuals as well, nothing earth melting around me but some nice patterns things in the peripherals going wonky.

Mental side id say was nice uplifting experience but at this dose I was also able to still do some stuff around the house and get dinner ready. 

It did seem to raise my body temp just a bit but that's mostly because I was still doing things. 

Consumed at 5PM and by the time my wife got home at 8:45 she was non the wiser back to normal. 

I would rate a notch up from the Maui platinum's across the board.

Cant wait to try out the Mazatapecs, which are supposed to be a more spiritual experience.

anyone else had good experiences with the GT's?

• phlegmbae, ElPirana and Salty117 like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,100 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2021 - 09:20 PM

Glad you enjoyed your experience! Now I am scratching my head to where this belongs, Its not quite "microdosing" material  and prolly not "Storming the Gates" neither. Guess it will just have to hang out here.

• phlegmbae, HawksTwelfth and MushLuvR like this

#3 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 09:53 PM

Do you plan on storming the gates? 

A trip is a trip, some golden teachers might smack you upside the head, or maztapecs, or penis envy...but overall any cubensis has a high bodyload for me and they aren't as comfortable as exotics. Especially when you want to test your mettle. 

I started with maztapecs and malabar many moons ago. Maz's always gave me small petite fruits that took forever, they were the same as any other cube. 

Edited by rockyfungus, 07 July 2021 - 09:55 PM.

• Salty117 and HawksTwelfth like this

#4 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 12:16 AM

Sorry guess doesn’t belong in here we grow but since I’ve been tracking the grow here figured as good as any.

I am definitely going to be doing high dosages “storming” at some point but that requires a bit more planning I literally did this between getting of work and my wife getting home.

When you say exotics what are your referring to?
  • phlegmbae likes this

#5 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 345 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 12:04 PM

It sounds like you'd had your trip well planned. Great idea! At the dose you experienced, would you be able to do it while your wife was around without her knowing any better?

I have always had a good time with GT's. A week from last Friday was my first time dosing with GT's using the Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice tek. A buddy, and I each did 2 grams. It was nothing like the azurescens I've been playing with since September. It was a nice mellow buzz. 

#6 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 01:28 PM

It sounds like you'd had your trip well planned. Great idea! At the dose you experienced, would you be able to do it while your wife was around without her knowing any better?

I have always had a good time with GT's. A week from last Friday was my first time dosing with GT's using the Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice tek. A buddy, and I each did 2 grams. It was nothing like the azurescens I've been playing with since September. It was a nice mellow buzz. 

I would say no it was to strong for me to keep a straight face if she was there, she does them with me but not during the week and frowns upon me doing them on my own only because she wants to do them with me. I just couldn't wait any longer to try them out.

I will update this once I have had a chance to storm the gates as suggested above, been years since I've done a full nice 3.2 gram hero dose, time to shake out those old cobwebs now that I've wet my feet again.

• phlegmbae and Salty117 like this

#7 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,204 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2021 - 05:53 PM

When you say exotics what are your referring to?

I'd guess he was referring to psilocybe species like Semperviva, Mexicana and others, plus panaeolus sp. too. They tend to be stronger so you can ingest less plus for many, the trips are more enjoyable. After you get proficient at cubes, many of the exotics are almost as easy to grow.

I grew Golden Teachers years ago, it was the only genetics I had access to. With GT, depending on dosage, I had amazing mind expanding trips and enjoyed lighter social gatherings like concerts. It really is a great variety to grow for beginners and more experienced. After 10-15 years, I started growing again and I made sure to add GT to the collection of prints I was gathering. It was great to see those beautiful fruits again!
  • Salty117, rockyfungus and HawksTwelfth like this

#8 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 345 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 06:13 PM

That's really cool that your SO will do trips along with you. My SO will tell me "No thanks..... Eat your heart out"  She makes a great trip sitter when she doesn't feel like tripping. Driving me around on 2 tracks in the national forest for an afternoon of boonying, and hikes occasionally. Often when she says no thanks and she sees me getting some ready she'll grab our coffee grinder, some gel-caps, and the scale, and dig right in along with me.

I'm so glad you didn't say that your SO frowns on you using them when you're baby sitting your newborn baby while she's away at work.

I'm looking forward to your STG adventure. The strangest things happen when you're tripping. 

#9 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 07:57 PM

I took a large dose of fresh GT a couple summers ago from my first grow. It was one of the most lucid of experiences I have had. Extremely introspective with a strong sense of the presense of the mushroom. I learned a lot in that experience and I was able to shed a lot of the psychological weight that had been weighing me down. It had lasting effects for months after such as what I would describe as profound determination and a deeper understanding of what I wanted out of life at the time.

Since then I have only grown them out once but I didn't dose on them. Ultimately ended up provided them to those close to me that needed them more than I did at the time. I have some Leucistic Golden Teacher spore solution on hand but I have a bunch of other liquid cultures to get through before I think I'll be putting that to LC. So far I have been having fun exploring cubes from the Indo-Pacific region.

• FLASHINGROOSTER and HawksTwelfth like this

#10 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 07:59 PM

My SO was hesistant as if she looks at THC edibles wrong she loses her god damn mind. After she watched me trip very regularly over the course of a few years and clean up my act and start really walking the talk she decided to try them. Between the countless trips I've had off the same 2 strains and cocktails of those strains, they are all different, butterfly effect is insane, jumping wavelengths...

Start low, give them 0.7-1.0g for the first trip. Make them a nice dinner, clean the house, do the husband thing like you want ANAL/Female Equilv (new ring?)...Then increase dose and use it to BOND!
Wife I dosed last time 1.5 told her 1.0g...oppsies, didn't change the trip but we worked through past grudges or baggage.  Well I reminded her it's been since the winter equinox and she's dealing with corporate takeover of family medicine (can't wait til she's jaded like me)!

So hopefully sunday night we can dose and enjoy 2 days off in a row together.

Exotics: Pans, woodies, mexicana et al, semps, libs.

Now take this with a grain of shit, but some books about shamans I've read said Cube is bottom tier as it grows in shit. They'd use it if they couldn't find landslides, woodies and the like.

Cubes for the amount I need to ingest 7g, is not fun or tasty, My gut hurts, I have to smoke weed constantly, I feel hot/cold. Now I haven't gotten 2-3+ on exotics yet, but based on eating a gram and seeing visuals without feeling anything...FUCK YES!!!!

Edited by rockyfungus, 10 July 2021 - 08:52 PM.

• Sidestreet, YoshiTrainer and HawksTwelfth like this

#11 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:19 PM

My SO was hesistant as if she looks at THC edibles wrong she loses her god damn mind. After she watched me trip very regularly over the course of a few years and clean up my act and start really walking the talk she decided to try them. Between the countless trips I've had off the same 2 strains and cocktails of those strains, they are all different, butterfly effect is insane, jumping wavelengths...

Start low, give them 0.7-1.0g for the first trip. Make them a nice dinner, clean the house, do the husband thing like you want ANAL/Female Equilv (new ring?)...Then increase dose and use it to BOND!
Wife I dosed last time 1.5 told her 1.0g...oppsies, didn't change the trip but we worked through past grudges or baggage.  Well I reminded her it's been since the winter equinox and she's dealing with corporate takeover of family medicine (can't wait til she's jaded like me)!

So hopefully sunday night we can dose and enjoy 2 days off in a row together.

Exotics: Pans, woodies, mexicana et al, semps, libs.

Now take this with a grain of shit, but some books about shamans I've read said Cube is bottom tier as it grows in shit. They'd use it if they couldn't find landslides, woodies and the like.

Cubes for the amount I need to ingest 7g, is not fun or tasty, My gut hurts, I have to smoke weed constantly, I feel hot/cold. Now I haven't gotten 2-3+ on exotics yet, but based on eating a gram and seeing visuals without feeling anything...FUCK YES!!!!

Thanks for the insight on the exotics, When i was younger it was only Cubes or cyanescens with cubes being visual and Cy's being the body high. Way over simplified i know but it is now interesting to learn more about the exotics.

I have More Mazatapecs grain jars almost ready then i have Penis Envy after that already spawning still a ways out. 

If i were to take a run at a "exotic" which would you recommend to be a good starter for something different/better than cubes? 

Also I do grind my cubes and put into pills 9right before ingestion to avoid grinding ahead of time and introducing everything to oxygen) and I think cuts way down on the nausa and it all hits you at once once the gel caps disolve so to me at least it seems like i get more bang for my buck.

Edited by HawksTwelfth, 13 July 2021 - 06:22 PM.

#12 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,204 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2021 - 09:17 PM

In my limited experience, for exotics, Mexicana, Natalensis and Semperviva/Subtropicalis are pretty similar to growing cubes.

Mexicana isn't that much harder, it just needs more FAE. Don Shadow has a great write up in the archives! To me, in mild doses, the feeling is like a long warm hug.

Natalensis you can grow exactly like cubes and still get results, if you give them more FAE, they really look better. These are supposed to be stronger but similar to cubes with less body load.

Semperviva/Subtropicalis, if you could only grow one mush, this would be near the top if not at. The hardest part about these is patience. sometimes they take a couple months to fruit and are sloooow to drop spores for printing. They have tough mycelium that will keep fruiting for months and can handle very little to normal FAE and still fruit. An added bonus, the mycelium is active too. If you let a jar or bag of grains sit for a few months (4+) you end up with some potent product. The mushrooms are a top level experience with little if any body load.

Good luck!
  • Samwise, Salty117 and HawksTwelfth like this

#13 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 09:47 PM

In my limited experience, for exotics, Mexicana, Natalensis and Semperviva/Subtropicalis are pretty similar to growing cubes.

Mexicana isn't that much harder, it just needs more FAE. Don Shadow has a great write up in the archives! To me, in mild doses, the feeling is like a long warm hug.

Natalensis you can grow exactly like cubes and still get results, if you give them more FAE, they really look better. These are supposed to be stronger but similar to cubes with less body load.

Semperviva/Subtropicalis, if you could only grow one mush, this would be near the top if not at. The hardest part about these is patience. sometimes they take a couple months to fruit and are sloooow to drop spores for printing. They have tough mycelium that will keep fruiting for months and can handle very little to normal FAE and still fruit. An added bonus, the mycelium is active too. If you let a jar or bag of grains sit for a few months (4+) you end up with some potent product. The mushrooms are a top level experience with little if any body load.

Good luck!

MUCH APPRECIATED!

with my new set up I am able to dial things in pretty darn good. turned my chest of drawers into its own sealed enviroment with a charcoal filter duct fan combo feeding in the FAE that i can increase the flow of 1-10 and then i have my terarium fogger set to keep the humidity wherever i want it then a mini heater to up my temps during my spawning stages. Sad part is I cannot harvest fruit and spawn my grain at the right temps.

I will do some research with the place that I have been getting my spores and keep an eye out for any of these.

And because I like posting pictures here is my current stash drawer, three on left are Maz which are near done so I’ll show them 5 in the middle are penis envy but not too much going yet definitely spawning buts slowly at 70-75 degree temps and theee on the right and bag are the dried fruits!

Attached Thumbnails

• 410187EE-E7A9-4387-A9B8-E91E74976FB0.jpeg
  • F877E6D2-C88E-4DAA-A9A2-9110B09FC425.jpeg
  • C6DA7EC7-FDBB-4FBE-A06A-CDA9C817834B.jpeg
  • 964F5347-B4FF-4E47-9E5A-11830C7EC58F.jpeg
  • 4AD8DB06-168F-4243-976E-46C52E022C50.jpeg

Edited by HawksTwelfth, 13 July 2021 - 09:57 PM.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#14 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 12:02 PM

I upped the dosage to just about 2 grams and while maybe bot rushing the gates was a considerable trip. Waking visuals everywhere and intense closed eye visuals.

Me and the wife mostly just enjoyed ourselves, very minimal conversation just more or less enjoyed the ride.

Was able to break myself away several times to keep daily life moving along (laundry, dinner and such) and was able to do that then return to a nice trip.

Does anyone else sweat a ton when they dose?

Edited by HawksTwelfth, 16 July 2021 - 12:03 PM.

• Salty117 likes this

#15 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 02:10 PM

I don't sweat much but I'll go through cold spells in cycles. Sometimes things get mucousy so I keep some plush tissues around just in case. Hasn't been every time but it's at it's worse for me when I consume them fresh lol. My eyes well up a lot too but mostly from the cavernous yawning  :wink:

• HawksTwelfth likes this

#16 HawksTwelfth

HawksTwelfth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 03:12 PM

I don't sweat much but I'll go through cold spells in cycles. Sometimes things get mucousy so I keep some plush tissues around just in case. Hasn't been every time but it's at it's worse for me when I consume them fresh lol. My eyes well up a lot too but mostly from the cavernous yawning  :wink:

Ya lots of yawning and the tissues are a must.

I just make sure there is a fan near by, if i dont get  too active its usually alright.

#17 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2021 - 04:29 PM

oh yeah it fucks with your bodies ability to regulate temperature. I feel chilled in the cold months and overheated in the summer

• HawksTwelfth likes this

#18 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 07:17 AM

I have a tendency to piss a lot more, not sure which is worse. It seems that no matter which I do, hydrate before a trip and piss every 15 minutes or get a headache without hydration, there's no middle ground. I think in the end I'd rather put up with sweating... that is if I had a choice...
  • phlegmbae, Salty117 and HawksTwelfth like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!