Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie Thread: Does this mycelium/grow pic look healthy?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:22 AM

Hey! Glad to be here! As someone relatively new to cultivation, I find the most difficult part to be the fact that I don't yet have the experience to know if things look "right". Does the mycelium look healthy, stressed, contaminated, ready to fruit, etc. Hopefully, I can post pics of several projects I'm in the middle of to get some feedback about this. I have a few projects to post pictures of, but I'll start with my first bulk grow. I know what cobweb mold looks like in a jar, since one of my early jars contaminated with it, and I was certain that I identified it correctly, but for some reason I'm not sure if that's what I see in my bulk grow. There is some thin-cobweb like growth in certain spots. Let me know if I'm just crazy :) Does this mycelium look healthy? (All 3 pics are the same tub of pf-tek spawned to coir)

Thanks guys!

Attached Thumbnails

• Bulk Grow #1.jpg
  • Bulk Grow #1 2.jpg
  • Bulk grow #1 3.jpg

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#2 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:51 AM

What strain? When was it mixed? They look good to me probably see some pins soon. I am relatively new to this too but from what Im seeing everything looks good. Congrats I hope you get some fruits. There is no better feeling then seeing your first pins/fruits and welcome to the community!!

• motley likes this

#3 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 10:18 AM

Hey! Thanks for the welcome! They are Golden Teachers, mixed about 2 weeks ago :) I hope you're right about the pins soon!

#4 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 11:28 AM

Ok yeah I would say your probably going to start seeing pins any day now. Have you started misting and fanning? If not I would start doing so a few times a day... once the tub is fully colonized you wont need to worry about contams as much. Keep us in the loop

• motley likes this

#5 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 12:04 PM

Now that I'm not worried about a contamination, I've started fanning, but the moisture level in there is pretty high, there are small droplets of water everywhere without me having to mist at the moment :) Should I mist even if it looks very moist?

#6 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 02:27 PM

I mist 3 times a day even if things are moist then fan right after but Im sure if everything looks moist you should be ok just fanning. Honestly I feel like the more you allow them to do their thing without interfering the better results I get. When I first started I set up this automated system with a CPU fan and a humidifier and ended up having to toss my grows. Now I just stick to shoebox tubs, I actually just did my first bulk grow with a fair amount of success. Ill share some photos later to show you my setup. Keep posting pics and asking questions before you know it you will be telling someone else how to grow lol

#7 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 04:27 PM

I'd definitely like to see how you have your tubs set up!

I think I made the coir a bit too moist when I first made the tub, so I think it has a lot of residual moisture. I worry it might even be too wet now. Part of why I was worried about a contam is due to the moisture level. If it starts looking like it needs it, I'll definitely start to mist it though :)

"Keep posting pics and asking questions before you know it you will be telling someone else how to grow"

I hope so!  :)

#8 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 06:04 AM

Sorry didnt have a chance to send any pics over. If you want you can look at some of my old posts which have pics of my set up some of the pics are from tuesday this week. Go to communites and here we grow and magical mushrooms then look for topics last updated by LIVEFROM215 hope this helps. Ill def get you some pics this weekend. I had a few monsters I harvested just this morning they had to weigh close to 20g fresh and had seriously dense stems!! Love it!!!

• motley likes this

#9 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 07:27 AM

Wow! What strain? Congrats!

#10 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 08:22 AM

B+.... I would recommend this for beginners... colonizes very quickly and produced some large, dense fruits with minimal effort. If you want something fun though I would give Penis envy a go but only after your confident you can get them to grow. They produce some of the strangest blob fruits... really cool to witness and if you have a microscope you should take a look. You can really find some cool stuff within the mushrooms lol. How is your tub looking today?

• motley likes this

#11 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 08:30 AM

I found a few pics so you can see the tubs I use... there is a pic of my tub fully colonized without pins, then you have a tub of golden teachers and the smaller fruits are treasure coast... I ate just over 2gs of the TC and had pretty insane closed eye visuals and tonight I plan on eating a few aborts just before I go to sleep... hoping for some vivid dreams lol!! 

Attached Thumbnails

• pic4.jpg
  • pic2.jpg
  • pic1.jpg

• motley likes this

#12 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 08:47 AM

Very cool! Looks great! I have 6 jars colonizing with B+ right now, so I'm definitely looking forward to that!

#13 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 09:16 AM

New development! Is this growth at the bottom left primordia, or contamination?

Attached Thumbnails

• Mycelium Growth 2.jpg
  • Mycellium growth 1.jpg

#14 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 12:27 PM

That is mold... I would get that tub out of your grow room. Toss that under some dirt just enough to cover it and maybe the shrooms gods will bless you with some outdoor fruits. Do you have other tubs growing now? That is going to spread quickly

• motley likes this

#15 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 01:05 PM

I was worried that was the case! I removed it from the room right after I took the photos. To the dark corners of the garden it goes! Thanks for the confirmation

I do have another tub that is almost done colonizing, Here's hoping it doesn't spread!

Edited by motley, 10 July 2021 - 01:06 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!