• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 08:58 AM

I completely understand... once you get your first really productive grow and see the awesome canopy they display... somewhere in there you will find patience... atleast I did lol! Then you can eat a few freshies and do some reflecting... my type of day!!

• motley likes this

#22 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 12:26 PM

Sounds good to me!!!

I'm still hoping this cake will produce, not ready to give up on it yet, lol.

Here are 4 recent pictures, it is definitely whiter and fluffier, it doesn't look dried out anymore as far as my experience can tell. The whiteness is obscuring the bit of blue that was left. I just moved it into this new container which has room for about 2 cakes total (another one is almost ready to go in there) it's at 87% humidity, getting decent ambient light, and fluctuating between 70 and 80 degrees throughout the day, with 3 times fanning per day. and constant moisture on the sides and top. Do you think it looks revive-able? 

Attached Thumbnails

• Reviving The Cake 1.jpg
  • Reviving The Cake 2.jpg
  • Reviving The Cake 3.jpg
  • reviving the cake 4.jpg

• Sidestreet and MushLuvR like this

#23 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 01:18 PM

It might not be a bad idea to throw a little damp verm on top of the cakes atleast that is what I have done and have seen good results. I have cakes right now that look just like that and after giving them a dunk I got another 2 flushes out of them. Ill throw up some pics later so you can compare. 

• MushLuvR and motley like this

#24 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,087 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2021 - 03:32 PM

It looks viable, though there's a little bit of bluing.  You might want to read up on the Chronic Tek for single cakes.  You can also just put individual cakes into sour cream/yogurt containers with a few holes poked in them.

• pastyoureyes, MushLuvR and motley like this

#25 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 04:32 PM

That chronic tek looks super simple! (In a good way :) )

Wouldn't the Sour-Cream/Yogurt container exclude too much light?

The verm is just another way to keep it moist I'm guessing, right?

Here's hoping I get this right, lol :)

#26 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,087 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2021 - 04:43 PM

You really don't need much light at all.  They will grow toward a light source, but all you need is SOME light for them to grow.  You don't want direct sunlight or other strong light on them.

Yep, the verm is a way to create the microclimate that promotes primordia and pinning.  It can also help control the overall humidity in the chamber, but if you're really looking to increase humidity a bed of perlite is better.

• MushLuvR and motley like this

#27 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2021 - 05:41 PM

My suggestion of using the quart containers comes from using the chronic tek. Its interesting but I generally dont have the need to fruit individual cakes.

Your cake still looks good to me but we can only tell so much from a photo. One way I like to gauge cakes is by weight. If you suspect its dried out you can pick them up and if they are significantly lighter than when you put them in the FC you can tell they have become dried out. It's something that comes with experience.
  • Sidestreet and motley like this

#28 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for all the advice! Between this and my other grows, and all the advice here, I'm sure I'll be able to gain experience much quicker than doing it alone, and experience less losses along the way :) Thanks guys!

#29 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:17 PM

I've been taking all the advice! It looks better than ever I think, but still no pinning yet. I put it in a smaller container for a while, now it has another cake in the original container with it. I figure the space is about right with 2 in there. Does it look like it might pin soon? (It's on top)

#30 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 07:15 PM

Here's the pic, it didn't attach right the first time:

Attached Thumbnails

• 6.jpg

• Sidestreet likes this

#31 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 07:34 AM

Woke up this morning and... we have pins!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who gave advice and helped me to revive this guy!

I inoculated this with the same syringe that I used for my other in-vitro jar (from this thread: https://mycotopia.ne...o-flushes-work/) which now is on its 3rd flush with 19 strong pins) so hopefully this one will produce well too!

Thanks again, it would have died without the advice!

Edited by motley, 23 July 2021 - 07:35 AM.

• MushLuvR likes this

#32 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:20 PM

Congrats my guy! Nothing more satisfying to wake up to some pins!!

• motley likes this

#33 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 12:39 PM

With jars and shoeboxes all over the place, and only one jar really pinning, I had this jar, my bulk shoebox, and my outdoor grow from a contaminated cake, all start pinning/fruiting within a few days of each other. Hope/motivation is regained! Thanks again for all the help!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!